Who is the Bears' HC?

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Matt Eberflus? Am I even spelling that right? Don't care and doesn't matter anyway.

Find it funny how people were losing their minds over that hire, both in here and on YouTube. How could the Bears hire a defensive minded coach when we need someone to guide/mold Fields? [Bill Belichick!] That questions reeks of ignorance. I realize there have already been those wise enough to say let's wait and see who he hires to fill the actual supporting roles that will have the most impact on Fields' development/performance.

What I've heard about Coach E (the new Matt) is that he's a genuine leader who can get players to buy-in to his philosophy. Will his philosophy translate to wins? We'll see. It's all a crap shoot anyway....right?

Change can always be a catalyst for optimism, however temporary that might be. " So at least we have that going for us ." - Carl Spackler

For the young Bears fans who have never known dynastic respect I hope this new staff is the recipe for a decade or more of NFCN dominance. For those who are tired of hearing about the '85 Bears I hope this pops your cherry too.

For those of my generation, I hope this is the long awaited sequel to the mid-late 80s.

No matter what, I'll always look forward to the start of the new season... until the Bears are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Bear Down!

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of PTSD from the Lovie years of the offensive side of the ball being a rotating cast of has beens and never weres.

The Bears have mostly solid on defense the bulk of my life, but it would be nice to see a successful offense before I breathe my last breath. So of course there is a lot of apprehension about taking on another unproven coach with an unproven staff where no one really excells at developing quarterbacks.

I am sure everyone is hoping this is not the same old song and dance with this team, but I sure as shit have heard this song a lot.

mecha

Liked Posts:
defense played a significant factor in the Super Bowl. again. McVay's offense (which if you recall was held to 3 points 3 years ago) vs. Joe Burrow the conquerer. the final score was 23-20, not 49-45. do you know why the Rams and Bengals got to the Super Bowl? both teams have great defenses too. I get we're far beyond the days of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson being merely good enough to win the game, but it's not like defenses or running backs went extinct in that span of time. offensive minded dipshit head coaches usually abandon the run to show off how brilliant their passing game is or do reckless shit like go for it on 4th down whenever or think it's Madden and go for 2 point conversions. that's how they lose.

give me a defensive minded head coach and a coordinator that can run the offense well. you'll probably see better results.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coach flus….where the hell is the obligatory nickname thread? lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot of PTSD from the Lovie years of the offensive side of the ball being a rotating cast of has beens and never weres.

The Bears have mostly solid on defense the bulk of my life, but it would be nice to see a successful offense before I breathe my last breath. So of course there is a lot of apprehension about taking on another unproven coach with an unproven staff where no one really excells at developing quarterbacks.

I am sure everyone is hoping this is not the same old song and dance with this team, but I sure as shit have heard this song a lot.
I was happy enough with Nagy when hired as we won a competition to get him and Ballard was involved but I'm actually a little excited about this OC. I hated the OC selection that Nagy brought in even if he wasn't running the O. Opposite influence that Nagy required. He's likely here at least 2 years but I hope he's promised the Bear at least that much when he signed.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see the roster flip. Feel there is gonna be some turnover most aren't expecting. Gotta clean up that club dub mentality. Thing coach Flus is more Ditkaesque and less Naggy-dub.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Screw it. If a defensive minded coach gets us to the playoffs, then I am happy with that.

Dominating in the trenches wins games, period. If he builds up our ol and dl, then Fields has all the time he needs to pick the opponent apart, and they wont be able to respond.

We still need to work on other positions, but unless we get rid of Mack or Quinn, there are 7 spots on the OL and DL that require drastic improvement.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Will you be returning every 10 minutes to insult me until you pass out?