Who is the player you'd mostly like to see as a Hawk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just for fun. No real scenario. Say no Cap, cream your pants type situation. You can add one player to the current team, who would it be and what would the line or pairing be, unless it's a goalie of course.

Only stipulation is it has to be a current player.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Man this is a tough question because there are so many. I'll try to narrow it down:

Nathan McKinnon
Vlad Tarasenko
Matthew Tkachuk
Matthew Barzal

Victor Hedman
Charlie McAvoy
Shea Theodore

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mark Stone, Panarin, and Hedman.
I'll swap Stone for Couturier from your list. I'll also add in Barzal. Best kid to come out of Seattle since Marleau.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panarin-Dach-Kane would have killed it.

But I'll say Kubalik.

Kinda fixated, but all the Hawks need to stay competitive is to get better financial value from Maata-Seabrook, sign Kubalik, and retain Saad.

Not sure we want to break up Saad-Toews-Kubalik. Let them roll, and see if you can get a 2LW and a 1B-D for Keith out of Maata/DeHaan/Shaw/Seabrook.

Thats way too much stuck money in the defense, good god.

Kurashev is going to have to give what Strome did, and thats not hard. If Strome is retained its to lead Debricat on the third line and they frankly aren't good enough together without Kane protecting them. They don't compliment each other. They need a power forward even more than Kane, so plug in Kurashev at 3C and trade Shaw plus picks for a power forward with scoring ability.

They really need a physical D-man to pair with Keith, imo. We lose too much without Seabrook. If it has to be Seabrook it has to be Seabrook, but then one or both of Maata-DeHaan should really get out of here for cap.

Mitchel-Beaudin-Boqvist progress is really the only hope. Keith showed he still has something if you rest him near the back of the season. Not sure we will ever see 2020 playoff Keith again if they don't shut him down a month before the playoffs.

If Mitchell is a freak, Boqvist took a huge jump step, and Beudin were solid, I could believe a little with Crow/Saad/Shaw/Kubalik

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Panarin-Dach-Kane would have killed it.

But I'll say Kubalik.

Kinda fixated, but all the Hawks need to stay competitive is to get better financial value from Maata-Seabrook, sign Kubalik, and retain Saad.

Not sure we want to break up Saad-Toews-Kubalik. Let them roll, and see if you can get a 2LW and a 1B-D for Keith out of Maata/DeHaan/Shaw/Seabrook.

Thats way too much stuck money in the defense, good god.

Kurashev is going to have to give what Strome did, and thats not hard. If Strome is retained its to lead Debricat on the third line and they frankly aren't good enough together without Kane protecting them. They don't compliment each other. They need a power forward even more than Kane, so plug in Kurashev at 3C and trade Shaw plus picks for a power forward with scoring ability.

They really need a physical D-man to pair with Keith, imo. We lose too much without Seabrook. If it has to be Seabrook it has to be Seabrook, but then one or both of Maata-DeHaan should really get out of here for cap.

Mitchel-Beaudin-Boqvist progress is really the only hope. Keith showed he still has something if you rest him near the back of the season. Not sure we will ever see 2020 playoff Keith again if they don't shut him down a month before the playoffs.

If Mitchell is a freak, Boqvist took a huge jump step, and Beudin were solid, I could believe a little with Crow/Saad/Shaw/Kubalik

The roster as currently constituted is hot garbage and far from competing with legit playoff teams, and the personnel arrow is pointed down. Shifting line combos, it doesn't matter, same end-result.

This team cannot trade any draft picks whatsoever, as I've said for the past 3 years there is nothing to do but horde draft picks until 2024 when the true rebuild can begin. Until then, there is no fix.

The D and goalie situation is brutal, I was hoping for so much more from Boqvist, he just has not flashed anything that indicate a future as a top pairing guy. <Sigh>

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick Mahomes because not only can he do literally anything, he can do literally anything at an elite level. I would miss him with the KCFT but he would be an excellent addition to the CHT.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ovi paired with Kaner would be fun as hell to watch

giphy.gif

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ovi paired with Kaner would be fun as hell to watch
This was more what I was asking about. What guy would you insert into the existing team. Without any salary constraints. Ovi isn't himself anymore but man would that be fun.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This was more what I was asking about. What guy would you insert into the existing team. Without any salary constraints. Ovi isn't himself anymore but man would that be fun.

Nathan MacKinnon then (for me). You can say Ovi, Crosby, Stamkos, McDavid, but I just love the way MacKinnon plays the game -- the dude has the best motor and is always skating hard. Great size, great speed, great physicality (impossible to get off the puck), young, and a center to boot. Not great at face-offs though unfortunately, but I'd deal with that compared to everything else he brings. Ovi is a bit of a prima donna.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Nathan MacKinnon then (for me). You can say Ovi, Crosby, Stamkos, McDavid, but I just love the way MacKinnon plays the game -- the dude has the best motor and is always skating hard. Great size, great speed, great physicality (impossible to get off the puck), young, and a center to boot. Not great at face-offs though unfortunately, but I'd deal with that compared to everything else he brings. Ovi is a bit of a prima donna.
He's actually one of the one's I was thinking of when this question popped into my head.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't really care for Ovi, but agree it would be fun to watch him and Kane together.

That said, I'm going answer the question framed in the context of not what I think would be cool to see, but would be needed and practical.

This team is starved for defense, so my choice is John Klingberg. A Defenseman I've always wished to see in a Hawks uniform.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
Granada might get a charge out of this because if i recall we argued about the pros and cons of tom wilson vehemently on the old boards.
What we need on this team isn't another prima donna....its a tom wilson or a couple guys from vegas' bottom 6.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a big fan of Tampa but Hedman does everything well,big as a house and our D needs help.

Forward-wise,How could you pass on MacKinnon? I know it's money aside but 6.3M for 3 more years is mind numbingly cheap. I often wonder how Captain Jack would do with talent around him on a PO team with a real shot..........I bet he'd be a horse in the postseason!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not a big fan of Tampa but Hedman does everything well,big as a house and our D needs help.

Forward-wise,How could you pass on MacKinnon? I know it's money aside but 6.3M for 3 more years is mind numbingly cheap. I often wonder how Captain Jack would do with talent around him on a PO team with a real shot..........I bet he'd be a horse in the postseason!

Hedman would be awesome too. He's exactly what we've been missing on the backend. Plus he reminds me of Tree from Mystery, Alaska, so bonus points there as well.

Hedman would be perfect because he'd be a D-man who can actually clear the crease, who could actually play on the top tandem, who can actually get shots through from the point, and who obviously is great defensively.

Tkachuk would be great because he'd be that physical player that Hawks have really never had in the top six, who can actually provide an effective and consistent net-front presence, who hits with purpose, and who makes the smart the play more often than not. This team needs a guy who can actually score gritty goals, and Tkachuk would fit that bill to a tee.

Like you said, overall though, I'd still take MacKinnon if I can only choose one -- but it's still fun to choose other players while identifying the Hawks' greatest needs.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Its like nobody here watches hockey

The answer is Connor McDavid

End of story

Best player in the leauge and in this fantasy land scenario; the easy choice.
He's the top or one of for sure. Someone that came to mind. But is he the most impactful for this team as it's built? His offense is unparalleled and he's a difference maker anywhere he goes but how much does he really improve the team with the rest staying as is?