Who is to blame for the failure of Mitchell Trubisky? .... is it Nagy's fault? Pace? Lazor? Trubs?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
The Texans fired their coach this year and still have fewer wins than the Bears. So let's hold back on touting Watson's success.

3-1 in last 4 games with new FO, but if you look at just the season Watson is having if you don't call that a success than you don't believe any player can have a good season on a bad team - which i don't believe is true.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I see we grade other team's quarterbacks based on wins/losses too. if you want my humble opinion, I think the problem is the rest of you. never mind when the rest of the team is garbage, right?

blow the team up I guess. set it back about 20 years overall huh

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Kid just doesn't have it. So its a failure of Pace for drafting him over Mahomes and Watson.

Should have known better to draft a guy with 13 starts that looked good in predraft workouts over a guy that won the national championship and could have won 2. Mahomes is a whole different story, so you can't be mad about that. Taking mitchy over Watson is an all time blunder.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
False, plenty of football smart analysts have mentioned the fact that the actual situation you go to is very important to your development.

Now I'm not saying mitch would be good elsewhere, but as a generality, where and what scheme you get drafted to matter a world for a top 10 pick. Shit, even madden teaches you that.

Mitch would no doubt be better in any other place than Chicago, but he still has plenty of shortcomings and would never live up to the #2 draft status regardless of situation.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
The Texans fired their coach this year and still have fewer wins than the Bears. So let's hold back on touting Watson's success.

Most of the wins they do have have been after O'Brien got fired and they are playing much better.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
100% on Pace. I don't blame Mitch at all, not his fault they paid him a crap-load to be mediocre.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant wait till this 35 year rebuilds over and the bears are good again sometimes patience is its own reward

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mitch would no doubt be better in any other place than Chicago, but he still has plenty of shortcomings and would never live up to the #2 draft status regardless of situation.
He has no awareness. Ran out of bounds to take a sack instead of throwing ball away. Predetermined throws no matter the defense. You can't coach up that . The NFL is too fast for him.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I blame Ryan Pace for only caring about Mitch in this class and drafting him.

I blame Nagy for getting little out of him and the rest of the offense. No running game and shit play calling.

Mitch is not good and may end up being mediocre at best. It's not his fault Pace fell head over heels for him because of his look and personality instead of arm talent.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And for alot of them,, it doesn't matter at all.

Trubisky is inaccurate and can't read a defense to save his life. I dont know what scheme is going to fix that. You can mask him but that style of play is not worthy of a 1st round QB, let alone a top 3 pick

Interesting points. Your first sentence is opposite of why Pace said he drafted mitch. Interesting...right?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

Didn't even bother reading the thread. But this, for real. When a top 5 pick fails its everyone. Legit, everyone.

when your kid comes home and tells you he failed cause his teacher, you're just like, ok then? have a cookie?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I use Watson as my example because hes found success on a team with similar levels of disfunction to the Bears in the Texans.

Ok....so tell us, how much has the absence of DeAndre Hopkins effected the "w-l column" and Watson's success ???

Brownie

Liked Posts:
MT has his limitations, but they've done a shit job developing him mentally and physically.. They've ruined a serviceable QB imo.