Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So this board has been going nuts over who to take at #3. And while there has been some talk about our pick at 36 as well, I think that it would do well to discuss what we all see as a solid hit in the second round.

Pace has so far gotten great value out of his second rounders, taking high floor guys who contribute immediately. In many ways, it has to do with the positions he has selected (linemen often contribute early), but he is also selecting guys at needed positions who fit the scheme, so he deserves all the credit we can give him in that regard.

For this year, the second round looks like a deep class of players that could step in and play immediately, or at least gain experience to be building blocks for the future. Some of them are in positions that we could be considering in the first round (Melifonwu at safety, or Kizer/Mahommes at QB could both be there for our pick). Others are in positions where we need better talent but wouldnt otherwise look to at #3 (Engram at TE, Ramczyk at RT).

And so here lies the question for debate: Who is your ideal second rounder? Feel free to condition it upon taking a specific player in the first. For me, the guy to pick has to be Evan Engram if he is there. I think he is the most dynamic receiving target in the draft class, and plays a position where we dont have reliable weapons. Miller is a good target but has proven incapable of staying healthy, and none of the other TEs under contract have put up 30 catches in a year yet. Engram on the other hand is an explosive athlete who can come in and force defenses to roll safety coverage his way. If he turns into the main target for Glennon, I dont see why he cant lead rookies in receptions and receiving yards.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I like Engram and Watt but I think both probably are be gone.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The BPA at 36.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like Engram and Watt but I think both probably are be gone.

I see Howard and Njoku as first rounders this year, and it is a toss up between Everette and Engram for the next TE off the board. Who do you think is going to take one of them in front of us?

Watt would be that solid hit in the second that Pace has been building a reputation of targeting, but I see him as a late first rounder. If he lasts to our pick I would be very happy for him to play for us.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If we fuck around and miss out on this sweet secondary class and wait till the 4th round again to get a DB I'll be pissed. Way too much talent at that position of need along with TE.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If they pass on a safety in the 1st I really like Marcus Williams.

Liked Posts:
If we fuck around and miss out on this sweet secondary class and wait till the 4th round again to get a DB I'll be pissed. Way too much talent at that position of need along with TE.

Id wait to 3rd or 4th round....the class is loaded at DB...most of these guys are all about the same. You can get a 2nd round graded S or CB in the 3rd round, a 3rd round graded S or CB in the 4th round. Fill more holes by waiting on DB. We have 15 on the roster right now as well.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Engram, King, Watt, Zay Jones in that order.

If Mahomes or Kizer make it to that pick then they jump to the front of the line for me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Depends what they do at 3.

If they but up and take a QB then I would probably look for a starting safety at 36.

If they pussy out and take a DB at 3, then I would pray a QB fell to around there and when they didn't I would draft an OT or TE so Glennon doesn't get me fired.

My personal favourite if he falls would be Garrett Bolles.

ghost_of_halas

Liked Posts:
Malik McDowell or Evan Engram or Cam Robinson.

I have seen several sources that show these guys sliding for whatever reasons. On tape they are first rounders

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Obi Melifonwu and Evan Engram 1A/1B. If both are gone.....that opens up a ton of options: Josh Jones, Jabrill Peppers, Budda Baker, Chris Wormley, Adoree Jackson, Cordrea Tankersley, any of the top 4 OTs that don't go in the 1st (I'm including Lamp here, who I think can play LT), any of the top pass rushers that don't go in the 1st (I'm not including Watt here, who I don't like). I'd probably trade down.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I see Howard and Njoku as first rounders this year, and it is a toss up between Everette and Engram for the next TE off the board. Who do you think is going to take one of them in front of us?

Watt would be that solid hit in the second that Pace has been building a reputation of targeting, but I see him as a late first rounder. If he lasts to our pick I would be very happy for him to play for us.

its tough to tell what team might select them as they are both highly desirable. Another guy I really like who should contribute immediately is Zay Jones. Aside from sub 4.4 speed, he pretty much has it all.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If they get a qb I think they should focus that second rounder on offense. I prefer a weapon for the qb but even an ot that falls to the pick would make sense

If we go defense with first pick I would just go full Special person with more defense talent.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm hoping for Mahomes, but they probably have to move up to get him. It obviously depends on what they do in the first.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I love how there's this consensus that the Bears are "pussies" if they don't draft a QB in the first round. It's also possible they're not high on this QB class and aren't drafting to appease the fan base. These threads will be fun to bump in a year or two when these can't-miss quarterback prospects are the new crop of Blaine Gabberts and EJ Manuels.

I don't really think there's much consensus. I have no idea what they'll do apart from getting Garrett if he falls.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I love how there's this consensus that the Bears are "pussies" if they don't draft a QB in the first round. It's also possible they're not high on this QB class and aren't drafting to appease the fan base. These threads will be fun to bump in a year or two when these can't-miss quarterback prospects are the new crop of Blaine Gabberts and EJ Manuels.

Its pretty much just one obsessive compulsive poster who can only post about taking a QB at 3. It has become very old.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:

"can't miss"? That's certainly not the way I see any prospect that might be available at 3, quarterback or otherwise. I still would rather take an early shot on a qb as opposed to somewhere less impactful.

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping for Mahomes, but they probably have to move up to get him. It obviously depends on what they do in the first.

Say the Bears go DB or DL with the #3 pick. How far up and how much are you willing to give up to move and get Mahomes?

Liked Posts:
Its pretty much just one obsessive compulsive poster who can only post about taking a QB at 3. It has become very old.

Not to mention that one poster seemed to have a completely different stance a couple months back.