Who lost this game for us?

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say Nagy. Dumb play calling (Patterson at RB, pass on 3rd and 1?). Lack of pre-season reps (which probably led to 1st and 40). What the fuck? I have kept begging them to open up the downfield all game long, and when they FINALLY do it, Mitch starts to heat up, and it is too little, too late. Yeah, blame him for the INT all you want, but in the first 3 quarters, it was way too conservative. WTF?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say Nagy for 2 reasons

1...he sat starters thru the Pre-season

2...His play calling was terrible

But to be fair...Cohens performance as a return man was anything but...Bears started in poor FP starting in the 2nd quarter

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes, that was on Nagy. I still like him as our coach but he still has some learning to do.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Thought Patterson might be a nice X factor in the return game... Zero returns.

Bad QB
Bad Playcalling
Bad Protection
Bad Recieving (outside of AROB)

One target for Miller?!
Big time drops by Shaheen and Gabriel.

Worst outcome.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I say Nagy as well. Mitch played rough and missed some open guys, but playcalling did not help. In fact, in the 2nd when they put the ball in his hands more he had mild success at times. Nagy on the other hand did alot of headscratching moves:

Give C.Patterson more snaps than A.Miller and Wims.
Fail to give Cohen any rushing snaps.
3rd and one - run with C Patterson call?
run play, run play, 3rd and one - pass incompletion?
Not much downfield the first half.
Not much seemed designed

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
This is how we exactly started last year....You need to to run the ball more than 12 times. You should have min 20 runs...Minimum. Nagy did the same thing to begin last season. Frustrating when you have 3 rbs to rotate around. The drive that let to the interception, there was plenty of time, to put at least 2 runs in, worst case you take a quick FG kickoff and hope for a stop w/3 timeouts.

Last edited:

seabear

Liked Posts:
I say Nagy. Dumb play calling (Patterson at RB, pass on 3rd and 1?). Lack of pre-season reps (which probably led to 1st and 40). What the fuck? I have kept begging them to open up the downfield all game long, and when they FINALLY do it, Mitch starts to heat up, and it is too little, too late. Yeah, blame him for the INT all you want, but in the first 3 quarters, it was way too conservative. WTF?

I agree.... it is on Nagy. We have the players to win this contest. It was lost based upon preseason preparation, game planning and play calling.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Matt Nagy lost the game from the get go. Trubisky was awful but Nagy might have called one of the worst games by a coach I have ever seen. Was so bad. Your two best players touch the ball 1 time in the 2nd half (Cohen and Monthomery). Cohen had zero rushes. Unbelievable. What a big game to open the season and Nagy was beyond bad.

Reactions: DC

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Despite the poor play calling, that game was in the balance pretty much the entire way through. ANY semblance of good quarterback play in that game from Trubisky would have resulted in a Bears win. He wasn't seeing the field at all tonight. No idea how he missed Allen Robinson on the one where he ran out of bounds while Robinson was jumping up and down waving his hands for what would have been a 20+ yard gain.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Despite the poor play calling, that game was in the balance pretty much the entire way through. ANY semblance of good quarterback play in that game from Trubisky would have resulted in a Bears win. He wasn't seeing the field at all tonight. No idea how he missed Allen Robinson on the one where he ran out of bounds while Robinson was jumping up and down waving his hands for what would have been a 20+ yard gain.
Trubisky missed Robinson twice in the first half for long gains. Still it was bad playcalling. Bears do not have a QB, so you have to run the ball to open up the passing game. Patterson should not be on the field, he sucks. Miller needs to be in the game. I woudn't be surprised if Miller goes off in the locker room by not getting any touches.

DaGrizzler

Liked Posts:
Nagy's play calling was like he is afraid of his own shadow. IMHO, that is because there was not enough preseason reps for the first team on offense.

busarider29

Liked Posts:

Agreed. Way too much dink and dunk stuff through the first 3 quarters. I'm not sure they attempted one pass over 20 yards in the first half, let alone complete one. It was just dink and dunk. Way too conservative and it allowed the Packers defense to crowd the LOS at times and anticipate play calls. Also, abandoning the run game in a close game was a mistake. I couldn't understand that one. They gave this game away, thanks to the offense. The defensive team has to be livid. You hold Aaron Rodgers and the Packers to 10 points and barely anything in the ground game and you still lose?? Terrible.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch sucked taint out there but I have to go with Nagy on this one. Offense had no rhyme or reason to it. Play calling was out of sync. And for fucks sake, more Miller WAY less Patterson.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Offense looked shaked from the first play.

Reactions: DC

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Packers had no business winning. They will still finish last in the division.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers are hot fucking garbage.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Way too much dink and dunk stuff through the first 3 quarters. I'm not sure they attempted one pass over 20 yards in the first half, let alone complete one. It was just dink and dunk. Way too conservative and it allowed the Packers defense to crowd the LOS at times and anticipate play calls. Also, abandoning the run game in a close game was a mistake. I couldn't understand that one. They gave this game away, thanks to the offense. The defensive team has to be livid. You hold Aaron Rodgers and the Packers to 10 points and barely anything in the ground game and you still lose?? Terrible.

Packers safeties were rarely off the LOS. They were lining up 10yds off, which is ridiculously shallow. No more coddling Mitch. Start throwing deep fucking often. No more nickel & diming routes. Nagy is a fucking Special person