Who plays WR 2?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If we target Cohen 104 times again Nagy should shove that "Be You" play sheet up his ass.

Err, no. Not if cohen has similar production to 2018, then targeting him 104 times would be A-Okay.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Now that Taylor Gabriel is gone we don't have a WR 2 unless we take Anthony Miller out if the slot.

If Robinson gets hurt Bears are screwed at WR.

WR 1:Allen Robinsom
WR 2: Javon Wims/Ridley/Mooney?
Slot: Anthony Miller
It's a great question.

I think Mooney will be the other Outside WR.

Think about it. Gabriel was the other Outside WR. The speed guy stretching the field, though short. I think Mooney will replace him.

That's not to say Ridley won't get a shot. But like Wims, they don't have the speed. Wims does not get separation. I don't think Coaches are comfortable with defaulting to jump-balls (Wims) and winning contested catches (Ridley). I also think Patterson and Miller will get snaps at Outside WR #2, though not the "position".

Think we'll see Cohen used more in Slot and a few Outside for bombs and stretching the field. But I think Miller will be Slot.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Err, no. Not if cohen has similar production to 2018, then targeting him 104 times would be A-Okay.

10.2 YPC, I would still target him a decent amount. I do not think that warrants 100+ targets.

msadows

Liked Posts:
10.2 YPC, I would still target him a decent amount. I do not think that warrants 100+ targets.

Well, yes, thats because a ton of that is screens.

You know the screens are going no where. It's matt nagy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robinson Miller Ridley will probably be your 3 main guys

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Before cutting Dax Raymomd, the Bears had as many TEs as WRs..I like the potential of Wims/Ridley, but need to add some depth. Not too many options on the Free agent market. Jermaine Kearse might be the best option, but he is 30 and he is coming off a broken leg injury.

I guess Patterson will be featured more and hopefully Ridley has got his s*** together this season. Before his late season injury Wims had some nice flashes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, yes, thats because a ton of that is screens.

You know the screens are going no where. It's matt nagy.

I would also like to see us throw to Montgomery more. He has the hands and it would mix up what we are asking him to do.

Close to 50% of the Bears targets last season went to Cohen and Robinson, they obviously need to mix that up more

Madden

Liked Posts:
Mooney. He was brought in to be the speed guy that we lost in Gabriel. So we have some diversity with the group. ARob is possession/route runner/true #1 type, Mooney is the stretch the field blazing speed guy, Miller is the smaller shifty slot dude with attitude. Would be nice if we had a tall jump ball type also, but at least our TE's are pretty big with Graham, Harris, and Kmet (6'7" 6'7" and 6'6") which should theoretically help in the redzone.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Put me down for Mooney as well. I have zero faith in the Great Riley Ridley or Wimms.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts

Best to think of Mooney as Taylor Gabriel 2.0.....(almost a perfect substitute)

Nagy will be licking his chops to use him as such to keep the Safeties out of the box.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I see a lot of people are posting that Miller is the #2 but that's not what OP was talking about. He knows Miller is the slot guy and the #2 WR, what he means is who will be playing out wide opposite ARob most of the time. We all know that Miller will be the #2 WR in targets/catches which should be obvious in a Nagy offense that loves throwing short passes to the slot receiver, Cohen will also get plenty of targets/catches. We also know our TE's will get plenty of targets/catches but that's also not the question.

The question is who will play the WR2 spot out wide opposite ARob.

I get this, but with trick shoulder Miller, maybe the smart money takes him out of the slot where there are more hits from more angles.

The actual answer to this question is obvious, Robinson is the WR2, we are in need of a 1. Robinson is as much as a 1 as Alshon was.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Best to think of Mooney as Taylor Gabriel 2.0.....(almost a perfect substitute)

Nagy will be licking his chops to use him as such to keep the Safeties out of the box.

If they are the same then why didn’t Nagy do it with Gabriel?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I get this, but with trick shoulder Miller, maybe the smart money takes him out of the slot where there are more hits from more angles.

The actual answer to this question is obvious, Robinson is the WR2, we are in need of a 1. Robinson is as much as a 1 as Alshon was.

I think ARob is a #1 and just needs better QB play to show it even more then he already has, but to put up the kid of stats he has with QB's like Blake Bortles when he had over 1,400 yds and 14 TD's and M.Trubisky where he had almost 1,200 yds and 7 TD's says a lot about him. Sure he's had a couple avg years with both QB's but those offense he was in were just straight trash and you can't have great years every year when it's as bad of offenses as they were and he still had good years, just not great ones. Think about what ARob could do as a #1 WR with A.Rodgers or Mahomes or P.Rivers or Big Ben.