Who should the Chicago Bulls trade?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get that they want to see the thing with Ball again,

I think we are hostage to those fleeting vibes even though we know the moment passed on as fans.

I don’t understand why they have 7 playable back-up guards.

This roster needs pruning and at least one major shake-up where you make a big change of

Lavine
DeRozan
Vuc

Ball seems to have caught the same local ailment as Markennan.

The brothers must want to play together and cooked up this plan to get bought out. IDK?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It’s pretty sad that they had the opportunity to make a splash move and we inch closer to the inevitable “burn it down” to the ground because they sat on their hands with 12 players but couldn’t wait to jettison Lauri Markennan.

The whole organization is sad. I’m still trying to comprehend how they justified extending BD in the off-season after the team looked like a JV team for half the season last year. That’s putting it nicely. Their effort and play in the 2nd half last season was beyond pathetic.

Fast forward to this year and the team looks even more pathetic. Apparently when you have a team devoid of leaders that play with no intensity or pride, things don’t get better by adding Drummond and Dragic lol…the team looks like they don’t even want to be on the court. What is AK going to do about it? Maybe give Vuc the max? Extend BD a 2nd time? They have absolutely no standards and reward under achieving and piss poor effort/determination/pride. The organization is ripe for losers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole organization is sad. I’m still trying to comprehend how they justified extending BD in the off-season after the team looked like a JV team for half the season last year. That’s putting it nicely. Their effort and play in the 2nd half last season was beyond pathetic.

Fast forward to this year and the team looks even more pathetic. Apparently when you have a team devoid of leaders that play with no intensity or pride, things don’t get better by adding Drummond and Dragic lol…the team looks like they don’t even want to be on the court. What is AK going to do about it? Maybe give Vuc the max? Extend BD a 2nd time? They have absolutely no standards and reward under achieving and piss poor effort/determination/pride. The organization is ripe for losers.
DeRozan and Lavine have been earmarked by multiple franchises as guys you can’t quite win it all with.

Lavine is a bit like Melo even in that he is a better fit for the international game.

I find it strange that you would hold these guys long enough to rot with no chance at glory.

If they don’t start preserving assets to the future by converting player currency this will get ugly.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
DeRozan and Lavine have been earmarked by multiple franchises as guys you can’t quite win it all with.

Lavine is a bit like Melo even in that he is a better fit for the international game.

I find it strange that you would hold these guys long enough to rot with no chance at glory.

If they don’t start preserving assets to the future by converting player currency this will get ugly.

Other than last season, LaVine never even made the playoffs. Saying “guys you can’t quite win it all with” is putting it very nicely. LaVine historically doesn’t propel his teams to the playoffs, yet alone position them to “win it all”. He’s just not that type of player whatsoever.

DeRozan has had more success throughout his career but has always come short as far as winning it all and doesn’t play as well in the playoffs.

I think AK just like a lot of GMs are too stubborn to admit their wrongs and will sit on their hands and pray it gets turned around. Clearly it won’t but we’re talking about a guy who extended BD at a time that not only did he not deserve it, but he didn’t even have to. He still had time on his deal. I do not trust AK’s decision making one bit

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Trade em all..............................
Bring back the goat, "Laurie Legend", "The Finisher", "Air Markkanan 23"..........He is playing like a basketball god this season.......

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other than last season, LaVine never even made the playoffs. Saying “guys you can’t quite win it all with” is putting it very nicely. LaVine historically doesn’t propel his teams to the playoffs, yet alone position them to “win it all”. He’s just not that type of player whatsoever.

DeRozan has had more success throughout his career but has always come short as far as winning it all and doesn’t play as well in the playoffs.

I think AK just like a lot of GMs are too stubborn to admit their wrongs and will sit on their hands and pray it gets turned around. Clearly it won’t but we’re talking about a guy who extended BD at a time that not only did he not deserve it, but he didn’t even have to. He still had time on his deal. I do not trust AK’s decision making one bit
I believe he is in both a cultural and organizational learning curve.

He doesn’t get being a dog or which guys are dogs. His most recent 1st rd draft pick suggests he’s learning.

I would take the Toppin deal for starters.

Let Lavine miss the playoffs somewhere else if it brings an unprotected lottery.

Toppin probably gets dealt to a dream team later. He seems more like a final piece than a first piece.

We should have dealt PW when he was hurt, and White has to go.

Once you start trading this team you really don’t stop.
Trade em all..............................
Bring back the goat, "Laurie Legend", "The Finisher", "Air Markkanan 23"..........He is playing like a basketball god this season.......
I pride myself in talent evaluation and recognizing physical performance traits, and I pounded the table for Markennan because of his athleticism and rebound potential to eventually click with his shot.

But even his shot fell apart. His quickness left. His bounce faded.

We lost a player to depression and that means we should be worried about everyone r else still here underperforming.

lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Wait, how can this be true?! One of the great CCS basketball minds declared Caruso to have no value and lamented him being on the team with multiple years left on his contract.

To think that virtually every contender would be interested in him is just mind blowing, yeah?!

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lavine's trade restriction was lifted so he is now in play...bulls should look to move him now while his value is relatively high...if anything he's shown he cant be the leader and does better as a number 2.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
LaVine had a trade restriction?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He’s talking about any player that signed a contract in the offseason, the restriction on trading them has passed
Ah, makes sense. While I’d be more than open to trading LaVine, I don’t think AK would go that route now. At the very least, I think he’s going to ride it out with LaVine, DeMar, and Vuc this season, even though they’re outside the top 8.

I could see maybe Coby getting traded…but I don’t think he’s going to make a major trade involving the top 3 guys

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Ah, makes sense. While I’d be more than open to trading LaVine, I don’t think AK would go that route now. At the very least, I think he’s going to ride it out with LaVine, DeMar, and Vuc this season, even though they’re outside the top 8.

I could see maybe Coby getting traded…but I don’t think he’s going to make a major trade involving the top 3 guys

i think they almost have to trade vuce...he is on an expiring deal and bulls did little about trying to extend him...either trade him now or let him walk for nothing at the end of the season...

if bulls stand pat they are ok with being just mediocre...they know this team doesnt have what it takes to compete for a championship...they give up far too many boards, their defense is lackluster and unless they catch fire from 3 its hard for them to win games...maybe if ball was healthy they would stand pat but noone seems to know if ball will ever get back to his pre injured form and since he's been ruled out this year why stand by and do nothing...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean really....at this point, who gives a fuck. AK tried something and just like every GM post MJ....it failed. Now, just like every other Chicago pro team over the last 5/6 years....they will have to blow it up and restart. Really pathetic shit.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
i think they almost have to trade vuce...he is on an expiring deal and bulls did little about trying to extend him...either trade him now or let him walk for nothing at the end of the season...

if bulls stand pat they are ok with being just mediocre...they know this team doesnt have what it takes to compete for a championship...they give up far too many boards, their defense is lackluster and unless they catch fire from 3 its hard for them to win games...maybe if ball was healthy they would stand pat but noone seems to know if ball will ever get back to his pre injured form and since he's been ruled out this year why stand by and do nothing...

They’re not even mediocre…and it seems like the FO is fine with that. Kind of strange to underachieve and extend the HC and not shake anything up. I suppose it takes two to tango and there’s still time to wheel and deal, but I don’t expect this FO to do anything. We’ll see what happens

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They’re not even mediocre…and it seems like the FO is fine with that. Kind of strange to underachieve and extend the HC and not shake anything up. I suppose it takes two to tango and there’s still time to wheel and deal, but I don’t expect this FO to do anything. We’ll see what happens
Extending the HC is probably the worst decision AK has made. The matter in which it was done was weird as hell too. Done in the summer and we don't find out until the fall.

The rest is all a kind of risk taking that just hasn't worked out unfortunately. But now you've handstrung yourself to a HC for years to come. I think that can make player acquisition harder.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Extending the HC is probably the worst decision AK has made. The matter in which it was done was weird as hell too. Done in the summer and we don't find out until the fall.

The rest is all a kind of risk taking that just hasn't worked out unfortunately. But now you've handstrung yourself to a HC for years to come. I think that can make player acquisition harder.
The BD extension killed any bit of remaining faith I had in AK

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When did BD become a bad coach in your eyes?

I think he’s a top 10 basketball coach in the world and we are lucky to have him.

Do the logical build for future things and trade DeRozan first.

Start pumping Lavine and Vuc numbers and trade them.

Go youth movement led by White/Caruso/Williams…

Get green healthy then trade him to contender with DJJ.

Pump them all up then trade them.

Get Ball back and now you are holding Ball/Dosunmo/Terry for future evaluation.

Trade Drummond to contender.

Tank for 3 years and summer assets. Sign free agents you will be able to trade for higher value.

It’s time to go all-in and acquire needs or blow the entire thing up and rebuild.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What evidence is there that he's a top 10 NBA coach? The NCAA is not the NBA.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
When did BD become a bad coach in your eyes?

I think he’s a top 10 basketball coach in the world and we are lucky to have him.

Do the logical build for future things and trade DeRozan first.

Start pumping Lavine and Vuc numbers and trade them.

Go youth movement led by White/Caruso/Williams…

Get green healthy then trade him to contender with DJJ.

Pump them all up then trade them.

Get Ball back and now you are holding Ball/Dosunmo/Terry for future evaluation.

Trade Drummond to contender.

Tank for 3 years and summer assets. Sign free agents you will be able to trade for higher value.

It’s time to go all-in and acquire needs or blow the entire thing up and rebuild.
I started to have my doubts about him his 1st season in Chicago, tbh, and it only got progressively worse. He might be an average coach at best, but no way is he a top 10 coach in the world.