Who Stays, Who Goes?

gopher72

Liked Posts:
It's so weird usually I get really mad at Superstars for leaving their teams and things like that but I honestly would be okay if Kane was like fuck it I'm done. I'd still root for him almost anywhere he went.
Agreed. I think moving him to a top team would really energize him and that would be fun to see. Bring back memories of his play on our Cup teams.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I heard through an online nhl show the Hawks are open season, except for Kane, Toews and Jones. What came as a surprise is Decat, if the offer is there the Hawks are willing to unload him, including Dach and Kubalik.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I heard through an online nhl show the Hawks are open season, except for Kane, Toews and Jones. What came as a surprise is Decat, if the offer is there the Hawks are willing to unload him, including Dach and Kubalik.
Wow.

IMO that's loyalty to T&K as the last of 10 team, and a signal they will be allowed to run their time out as they see fit as Blackhawks.

Apparently they also want to just ditch literally everything Stan Bowman put his hands on.

Hawks won't be legitimately relevant again until I retire.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wow.

IMO that's loyalty to T&K as the last of 10 team, and a signal they will be allowed to run their time out as they see fit as Blackhawks.

Apparently they also want to just ditch literally everything Stan Bowman put his hands on.

Hawks won't be legitimately relevant again until I retire.
You are right about washing there hands clean with everything Blowman touched. I am very surprised about the cat but realistically if the Hawks are not going to part ways with Kane he is the only other player that may catch a decent return.
There are certainly a ton of rumours circulating right now about the Hawks, but they all seem to be pointing g in the same direction, clean house and start all over again from scratch.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe K&T won't waive and maybe Rocky still sees both as meal tickets......

I still doubt 'The Family' has the stomach for a real rebuild and a possible attendance drop off,the article says the team's re-tooling not rebuilding. Does "re-tooling" just mean we'll have different tools runnin' the shit show to come?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does "re-tooling" just mean we'll have different tools runnin' the shit show to come?
I hope not, but this family recycled Pulford how many times? And still thought the Bowmans had relevant insight as recently as last year...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just getting wind of this.
To me it says they want Kane to leave. Once they convert what they have left into assets, Toews and Kane will want to leave too.

they need to regroup. Turn everything into a young proven player and a pick or a high pick.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane, Toews and Jones. They are not untradable players....they have untradable contracts.

Worried about attendance? They should be right now. They announced like 17,000 for tonights game.....looked like a
lot less than that to me. It's not so much the losing but the fact that this team is flat out boring......they can't score and can't defend and basically only do well when their goalie has a great game.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.....this is only the beginning.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Kane, Toews and Jones. They are not untradable players....they have untradable contracts.

Worried about attendance? They should be right now. They announced like 17,000 for tonights game.....looked like a
lot less than that to me. It's not so much the losing but the fact that this team is flat out boring......they can't score and can't defend and basically only do well when their goalie has a great game.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.....this is only the beginning.
That about sums it up, the contracts are to heavy for any team to take on, unless the Hawks take something back.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Just getting wind of this.
To me it says they want Kane to leave. Once they convert what they have left into assets, Toews and Kane will want to leave too.

they need to regroup. Turn everything into a young proven player and a pick or a high pick.
In relation to Kane, I have heard nothing about the Hawks wanting Kane to leave, and if it were to happen, that’s a move for a new GM with a vision on what the Hawks future will be, most likely during the summer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will see how they feel when those fans aren’t coming just to see a couple old relics, their agents want them out, and they approach contact expiration with no return.
It’s up to Kane and Toews if they have some one franchise nostalgia or something, can’t believe they would want to be here and they haven’t played like they do in a couple years now.

I still doubt 'The Family' has the stomach for a real rebuild and a possible attendance drop off,the article says the team's re-tooling not rebuilding. Does "re-tooling" just mean we'll have different tools runnin' the shit show to come?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If your keeping a competitive team then it’s bad hockey to let Fleury go. Keep everyone or sell everyone, don’t be in between.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

Well, to Rocky’s defense they are meal tickets considering both still put asses in seats and those no move clauses give them total control.

There’s probably money clauses attached to those three contracts that Wirtz doesn’t want to pay on top of all the lost revenue from merchandise if they get rid of Kane or Toews. Not seeing Kane jerseys selling and making him a profit has more to do with that then a competitive team.

As for DeBrincat, if some team brings him up, trade him already or grow some balls and extend him right now. You will get a ridiculous return for him or you lock him up as a core member. If there’s no indication he wants to be here long term, trade him.

This is why having an internet GM is dumb. If you do trade him, you are shitting on the next GM and taking away assets he could work with to shape the team, or if you don’t trade him you are not taking advantage of how high his value is currently.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I don't know much about 'great hockey minds'. I've see the Hunters brought up through the years. Can they just hire a real GM already! There is no way they can waste this trade deadline.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a feeling Kane and Toews will play out their time in Chicago but for different reasons. Besides needing trade waivers from them, the Hawks would have to eat a pile of their $10.5 mil NMC contracts contracts to make a deal ahead of their contract expirations. There are limited trade partners available so unless a team is desperate, it can be tough to make a good deal.

Without some sort of deal, I'd guess that Kane would test the waters in free agency with a contender once he's done here. He still has value as a player and by waiting things out, he'd have more choice$ so I see no reason for him to leave early.

As far as Toews, he might not have enough gas in the tank or fire in the belly to continue on after next year. With last year's time off and his production decline, he'd have a tough time getting top buck as a free agent. With his history of concussions, he might be happy with his savings and whatever he might be able to earn as a non-player and be happy to retire.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a feeling Kane and Toews will play out their time in Chicago but for different reasons. Besides needing trade waivers from them, the Hawks would have to eat a pile of their $10.5 mil NMC contracts contracts to make a deal ahead of their contract expirations. There are limited trade partners available so unless a team is desperate, it can be tough to make a good deal.

Without some sort of deal, I'd guess that Kane would test the waters in free agency with a contender once he's done here. He still has value as a player and by waiting things out, he'd have more choice$ so I see no reason for him to leave early.

As far as Toews, he might not have enough gas in the tank or fire in the belly to continue on after next year. With last year's time off and his production decline, he'd have a tough time getting top buck as a free agent. With his history of concussions, he might be happy with his savings and whatever he might be able to earn as a non-player and be happy to retire.
When's the last time Toews had a concussion?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So tell me again how much Kane and Toews make....LOFL!

While exactly NOBODY gives a Rat's ass about old,injured Tyler Johnson gettin' 5M till 2024 or a totally useless Brent 'buyout' Connolly 3.5M for another year of play in Rockford. I guess it makes sense after Johnson and Connolly have done so much for the franchise.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
When's the last time Toews had a concussion?
That doesn’t really matter tho.

Watch the hit that might have ended Bryams career. Just a routine board check set it off.

Once your brain smacks the inside of your skull slipping on ice but catching yourself before you fall can cause a concussion.

MMA guy Chuck Liddell was so messed up they put subtitles on his interviews because you couldn’t understand a word he said when he was washed up.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I don't know much about 'great hockey minds'. I've see the Hunters brought up through the years. Can they just hire a real GM already! There is no way they can waste this trade deadline.
I really think Blowman is still running this team but using Davidson or whatever his name is as a ruse.

If they keep this clown after this year, I’ll be 100% sure.