Who thinks we win on Sunday?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I normally don't bet on the Bears unless the line is really favorable, but fuck it. This is our last chance for this season. I threw down $100 on the Bears +4. I'm all in.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing this narrative that Nagy tried to make Mitch a "pocket passer" yet I have never seen anything that substantiates that claim. Does anyone have any links to prove this theory?

Not saying that Trubs is not playing different than the first half of the season.
I don’t know if Nagy was behind it completely, but it was obvious he wasn’t trying to run like last year or the last couple weeks. He was hesitant to take that first step. Other than the eye test, I keep hearing it brought up on sports radio. I thought they said that Mitch had said something about becoming a pocket QB so he could be a better QB as if someone had him believing that was the only way to be good.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey OP, if you used the POLL option so 5 pages of comments could show votes on CCS's confidence...

Opportunity missed...kinda like those earlier games that coulda-shoulda been wins.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My confidence in this game is somewhere between:
- hopeful
- they have a chance
- who the hell knows

BTW - I've not been able to find a thing about David Montgomery's late game injury!?? He's not on the injury report and Nagy didn't say anything. He's good to go I assume?

If not, Nall running #1 would be interesting to watch but not in the all-important Packer game and not until this OL proves their salt worth a damn. Confidence drops quite a bit without DM.

Hell, Amuk coming back is almost bad given how he was getting torched before going down.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
In the first game Daniels was befuddled and Long was a swinging gate. The Bears never attacked the short middle or the seam. They didn’t run the football either and they really didn’t try to stretch the defense outside. They attacked short and horizontally.

They need to make Blake Martinez be an athlete and cover. Last game, he was able to play downhill all night. The Pack is soft in the middle against the run, so run the damn ball. Also, the Bears have been much better lately running slants, pressing the seam and being productive out of the slot especially with Miller.

I truly believe Trubisky is itching for this game. Williams embarrassed him with the “make him play quarterback” postgame comments which quite frankly were incredibly tacky. I think Mitch really wants to jam it down his and their throats. I believe he’ll come out focused and on point. He’s talented, competitive and he’s starting to believe in his abilities.

I think they’ll run a fair amount of 12 personnel and the Packers will have trouble with Horsted. That guy is pretty damn athletic and he’s obviously starting to get more comfortable. Also, I think they’ll be efficient running the ball out of this grouping. Holtz is just an excellent blocker. You can tell he loves contact. It’s going to be cold Sunday. We‘ll find out which Packers will be willing to match his intensity. Montgomery is perfect for a day like this too. He’s tough to bring down when it’s warm. He’ll be a load in these conditions.

On defense, they need to hit Rodgers. He never really looked comfortable in the first game and they need to keep it that way. He’s at the stage of his career that the hits are adding up. Putting him on the ground with sacks and legal hits (one step after release) are the best way to slow him down. The 49ers were physical and he looked intimidated. They’re 10-3 but they aren’t that good. I think it shows down the stretch and on Sunday.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
My confidence in this game is somewhere between:
- hopeful
- they have a chance
- who the hell knows

BTW - I've not been able to find a thing about David Montgomery's late game injury!?? He's not on the injury report and Nagy didn't say anything. He's good to go I assume?

If not, Nall running #1 would be interesting to watch but not in the all-important Packer game and not until this OL proves their salt worth a damn. Confidence drops quite a bit without DM.

Hell, Amuk coming back is almost bad given how he was getting torched before going down.

In fairness to Prince that Golladay TD on Thanksgiving was a coverage mistake by Jackson. He had a deep half and came running up to cover a short route leaving Prince without help over the top. He was out of position.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I think the Packers may be better, especially at home, but the Bears have a fighting chance if they take care of the football. Green Bay struggled to score against the lowly Redskins, so....

Bears 24
Green Bay 17

Username

Liked Posts:
To me, it's which ever QB gets hit hard first. Rodgers is old. Floyd needs to put him on his ass early and often. If Tribs gets hit hard early, he'll lose his moxy.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Rodgers has owned this team for far too long, so if the Packers win, it would literally be the biggest 'no duh' game of the week.

That said, if the Bears and Packers play like they did just last week, Bears crushing the #1 passing and #6 defensive team, the Packers barely winning at home vs the worst team in the NFC, who knows.

Bears offense is playing much better, the Packers D is playing worse than that first game. Packers run game was stuffed that opening game, has been much improved since, and the Bears D has been gashed by running backs since the Vikings game.

I do think it's a coin flip at this time. Bears are playing much better currently, and the Packers have mostly just beat up on shit teams this year.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Not a chance, it won’t even be close like the first one. At least 10 point deficit, Bears lose.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Packers may be better, especially at home, but the Bears have a fighting chance if they take care of the football. Green Bay struggled to score against the lowly Redskins, so....

Bears 24
Green Bay 17

Just heard on the Chicago Audible podcast that GB is substantially WORSE AT HOME at red zone offense and defense + overall. Bears redzone scoring is near tops on the road!

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Bears Win tomorrow followed by losses to both the Vikings and Rams (who also lose next week to the 49ers). Then we win out the remainder of our games en route to the playoffs with all the momentum. Tis’ the season everyone.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Bears Win tomorrow followed by losses to both the Vikings and Rams (who also lose next week to the 49ers). Then we win out the remainder of our games en route to the playoffs with all the momentum. Tis’ the season everyone.
??? Bears got 3 games left GB Chiefs Vikes.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Packers are not a great football team. They're only 11th in point differential this year, which suggests that they're not as good as their record would indicate. It's the officiating effect, I guess. We already know they should have lost to the Lions earlier in the year, had it not been for those two egregious hands to the faces penalties that kept their final drive alive.

Having said that, I don't fear the Packers like I used to with Cutler. The difference in the game, in my opinion, is how effective and how willing Trubisky will be with his legs. The formula against GB has always been to chew up clock and keep Aaron Rodgers off the field. That means extending plays with your feet and not turning it over.

My head is telling me Packers in a close game, but my gut tells me the Bears keep rolling and win this pretty comfortably.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing this narrative that Nagy tried to make Mitch a "pocket passer" yet I have never seen anything that substantiates that claim. Does anyone have any links to prove this theory?

Not saying that Trubs is not playing different than the first half of the season.
The only inkling of an indication we've gotten all year about that is Mitch himself reiterating in his press conferences that he wants to be a pass first guy. However, the play calling by Nagy in the first 8 or 9 games of the season would suggests that he's in on it too. He didn't start calling roll outs and moving Trubisky around until their backs were against the wall after the Rams game.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Holtz and Horsted are going to be keys in this game. If they can force Pettine to actually respect a TE in the bears offense Mitch is gonna get his chances to run. Bears should come out and run the ball though against their soft ass front plus it keeps Rodgers on the bench.