Who would be your #1 FA Target?

danchi23

Liked Posts:
Solid idea. If everyone wants to use a mid round pick to get a TE. Why not see if that same draft pick is enough to get him.
My thought exactly, your wanting another weapon and more healthy than what we currently have and not taking money away from another FA that will bring high value. Especially if it will help the offense.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If the patriots keep Brady for another year you better believe they're gonna do whatever they can to get him one of Hooper or Henry. I think him not having Gronk was huge for how off he was this year. Brady needs a TE.

Every QB needs a solid TE or a power runner. Very few offenses in any era of the nfl can run without a solid contribution from the tight end group.

Cams best seasons were Greg Olsen's best seasons.

Bradys were with Gronk and Hernandez and that duo was almost unstoppable.

Every QB looks great with Tony G.

Brees best were with Jimmy Graham.

Rivers best were with gates.

Manning looked great with dallas clark.

Farve had a great TE until he got in trouble.

TEs when productive can carry an entire offensive scheme and their presence on the field disguises the offense to the dedense.

5 WR is tipping of almost 100% a pass play

4 WR 1 RB likely a pass

3 WR 1 TE 1RB could be a run or a pass but you lean pass

2 WR 2TE and a RB could be everyone going out for a pass or everyone blocking and is a great setup fo PA

3 TEs 2RB you lean run.

3 TE 1 WR and 1 RB heavy lean run but could still somehow be all guys running routes.

3 TE 1 6 OL 1RB still you have 4 passing options but you are leaning heavily towards the run.

The better your TEs the better your team is on offense. How many no names WRs have developed because of Gronks or Tony Gs or Antonio Gates abilty to draw so much attention. The answer is alot.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Figure out a way to free up enough to grab Glasgow and Hooper. Back load their cap a bit with Burton, Leno, etc freeing up funds after the year to cover later years.

Dump Floyd, Prince, Gabriel, Ben B, and Shehe.

Sign back a few of our own....Kwiat, Danny T (should be reasonable), RRH, and Bush.

Draft CB and OT in 2nd rd.

Dumpster dive on a strong safety (free up Jackson to roam) and OLB (any boob off the street could put up Floyd type production). And just say no to that brain dead penalty machine Lynch.
At the right price, Floyd can be contribute on 1st & 2nd downs. Also he can go into coverage when Bears blitz Smith, Kwit or KPL. But that's only if Pace budgets for an additional OLB FA who can get 10+ sacks a year. Nobody plays there starting two OLB all game, they tend to be gassed. Floyd would be a useful 3rd OLB.

The best value is an OT in the 2nd Rd (because teams never let great OT get to FA), we can all agree , who will simply compete to start in 2020.

We could draft a G with the other 2nd (if there was a DeCastro), but still we must get the best RG in FA (before the draft), cause rookies are too risky.

As always, Pace will fill the holes with FA. He'll get a good G and TE, and a decent Free Agent CB and OLB.

For the second 2nd Rd pick, just go BPA from the positions of OLB, CB, WR, OT and TE.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
how the hell we got $37 million invested in pass rush and can't get to the qb
low key this shit was painful AF. but that is actually the offense's fault and nagy's.

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why not just trade a pick or 2 for O.J Howard and see if he can revert to his draft value and come alive with us.
If Bears go for Howard it could be something like, our 2nd + 6th for Howard + 3rd & 4th. The net draft value for Bucs would be equivalent a late 3rd/early 4th rd pick.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Bears go for Howard it could be something like, our 2nd + 6th for Howard + 3rd & 4th. The net draft value for Bucs would be equivalent a late 3rd/early 4th rd pick.

I would rather sign Ebron and keep the 2nd. I would look to trade down with both 2nd round picks and pick up an additional 3rd or 4th rounder each time.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Pace is going to pray Clancy Barone the new TE coach can save his busted pick Adam Shaheen lol..he lost his ass on Burton already so he may shy away from spending top dollar on another FA TE..I think the O line could use some better, smarter players. O line help and a FA QB should be first on the menu imo..

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
My main FA target is 33 year old Emmanuel Sanders. Give him as much as you can

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tank for Lawrence. Gotta go 1-15 before you can go 15-1.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Brandon Scherff with an offensive tackle drafted in the second round.
If not then maybe someone like Anthony Castonzo and a guard drafted in the second round.

Liked Posts:
what about Derrick Henry ? I know RB is not a need per say, but I’m a little concerned with what I saw from Cohen and Montgomery. If we’re going to have Mitch we might as well have the best RB in the game. I would then sign Eric Ebron and Andrus Peat. Fills multiple needs . Use draft to pick up a tackle and Edge Rusher .

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This team is a mess. Limited cap space, limited draft capital while having no QB, OL, TE, Speed Wr, and and aging defense being wasted since 2017. All this lead by a struggling coach and a reeling GM.

My #1 FA target is a time machine!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suspect we end up with Ebron. Henry and Hooper will probably get PAID! and Ebron likes Mitch so may be more reasonable. A quick solid pitch to Ebron may just work well enough to prevent a bidding war. I have no idea what we can do about the line. LT is our weakest spot and I don't see a fix coming via FA.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every QB needs a solid TE or a power runner. Very few offenses in any era of the nfl can run without a solid contribution from the tight end group.

Cams best seasons were Greg Olsen's best seasons.

Bradys were with Gronk and Hernandez and that duo was almost unstoppable.

Every QB looks great with Tony G.

Brees best were with Jimmy Graham.

Rivers best were with gates.

Manning looked great with dallas clark.

Farve had a great TE until he got in trouble.

TEs when productive can carry an entire offensive scheme and their presence on the field disguises the offense to the dedense.

5 WR is tipping of almost 100% a pass play

4 WR 1 RB likely a pass

3 WR 1 TE 1RB could be a run or a pass but you lean pass

2 WR 2TE and a RB could be everyone going out for a pass or everyone blocking and is a great setup fo PA

3 TEs 2RB you lean run.

3 TE 1 WR and 1 RB heavy lean run but could still somehow be all guys running routes.

3 TE 1 6 OL 1RB still you have 4 passing options but you are leaning heavily towards the run.

The better your TEs the better your team is on offense. How many no names WRs have developed because of Gronks or Tony Gs or Antonio Gates abilty to draw so much attention. The answer is alot.

It would sure as hell help if Nagy remembered that Cohen can catch more than just dumpoffs when going with 2 back sets. I've been praying for a return to greatness at the TE position for fucking years. Since we made the mistake of trading away Greg. I remember nutting when training camp reports spoke of a lot of passing plays out of 2 TE sets being used then we get to the regular season and its like...where the fuck did that go?

Last edited:

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If Hunter Henry could stay on the field, it'd be him.....even though the Chargers have plenty of cap room (56.3 mil per Sportrac) to keep him if they wanted to.

Pace wont cut Leonard Floyd (even though he was garbage in 2019) so Bud Dupree and Shaq Barrett aren't likely and 13.2 million in cap space will be wasted.

I'm not expecting Brady, Rivers, or Prescott to be available.

So, Danny Trevathan it is.