Who would you like to see as our next head coach?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. He's not an accountant, he's a lawyer
2. He would become GM, not team president
he negotiates contracts and runs security and you want to make him the GM, great way to set the team back another 10 years

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
he negotiates contracts and runs security and you want to make him the GM, great way to set the team back another 10 years
Considering Pace has obliterated our cap, yes. You want a GM who can handle setting contracts value, is a great at negotiating and understands players. You’d have to redo the scouting org, really the only box he doesn’t check. apparently the current scouting personnel suck as it is

pair him with a football oriented team president

The only time I can remember the bears getting into cap issues (when Stein was the lead negotiator) was with peppers.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering Pace has obliterated our cap, yes. You want a GM who can handle setting contracts value, is a great at negotiating and understands players. You’d have to redo the scouting org, really the only box he doesn’t check. apparently the current scouting personnel suck as it is

pair him with a football oriented team president

The only time I can remember the bears getting into cap issues (when Stein was the lead negotiator) was with peppers.
I agree Stein was good with contracts with the exception of Peppers, and I'd throw Cutler in there as well

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I really don't want Bienemy or Leftwich. Bienemy has some off-field stuff from the past and with either I'm not really sure how much of their team's success they are responsible for.

A defensive coach that brings a young offensive coordinator from a good offensive coaching tree would be interesting. But a lot of those guys are retreads like Todd Bowles or Raheem Morris. I wouldn't hate either hire depending on the staff they bring.

But to me, this is the perfect fit for Brian Daboll. He kinda looks like a guy Bears fans would love. Big, bald, meatball-ish. He has shown he can develop a run game. Shown he can develop a QB. He'd be a typical Bears hire, in that he's about as "safe" as a hire as they could get (so was Nagy), but one that might actually work out for a change.

The wildcard to me is Joe Brady. He had some interviews last year and a lot of teams probably felt he wasn't quite ready. But if Darnold is truly turned around and if Teddy Bridgewater keeps playing decently in Denver, his stock will rise a bunch. This is more of a high-risk, high-reward hire. And Brady strikes me as a guy that could be able to be involved in the GM hiring process should Pace go as well. He's the guy if you're swinging for the next Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Maybe we'll learn from the Nagy swing and miss? Ugh. Maybe.

Yes...Maybe.
We gotta get back to accountability, not tolerating losing and mediocrity. Who ever is just here to pick up a check....needs to be gone.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is Pace staying?

Top candidates are unlikely to look at a GM on his 3rd coach who has been taking a ton of heat as a safe place. Not when they can go to another team and possibly pick their own GM.

Pace will be a negative in the HC search if he is back.

Rumors are Pace is tied to the hip of Nagy. So if one goes, they both go.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes...Maybe.
We gotta get back to accountability, not tolerating losing and mediocrity. Who ever is just here to pick up a check....needs to be gone.
Trestman
Fox
Nagy

No real accountability since Lovie. And even then. We just accepted the offensive mediocrity. Now we don't accept it, our coach is just too much of a fucking headcase to realize it, or something. I honestly think he might be mentally ill.

We think we may have gotten the QB, now it's time to get the coach and the offense to go with it. For fuck's sake. Lol.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trestman
Fox
Nagy

No real accountability since Lovie. And even then. We just accepted the offensive mediocrity. Now we don't accept it, our coach is just too much of a fucking headcase to realize it, or something. I honestly think he might be mentally ill.

We think we may have gotten the QB, now it's time to get the coach and the offense to go with it. For fuck's sake. Lol.

True....no accountability since Lovie and Ditka. Nagy is more interested in being recognized as a so called "genius with the 'complicated offense' ". Nevermind adjusting to the existing talent and winning football games. Yeah....Nagy needs to be gone. I never wanted him here. There were better HC candidates out there.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
1Sean Peyton
2 Rex Ryan
3 Mike Tomlin

Obviously Peyton would be a dream. I really like Red and feel like he has learned in time from former mistakes, and he never got to coach a player of fields caliber. And Tomlinson would definitely bring fire on the sideline, and accountability with the players. Anyone would be a legit NFL ready head coach. Two former champs and a great candidate to come full circle with Chicago roots in Rex. Would be great to get the new stadium and have one of these coaches win a championship. Need a experienced GM and it wouldn't hurt to have some ex bears in the building for some much needed brutal honesty in holding staff ACCOUNTABLE!

Sorry for the rant, been away for a bit and was looking for this particular subject.
Bear down!

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Any of Daboll, Moore, Brady, or Roman would be an upgrade. We need someone that can design an offense to the strength of the players and calls plays that get his quarterback in rhythm. I also think that the offensive line has to be a primary focus and the oline coach and personnel is going to be hugely important.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Greg Roman is my #1 at the moment, followed by Joe Brady and Brian Daboll.

I think Roman has the best resume out of all the OC's. Brady is a young up and comer who's done some nice work with the Panthers so far, and Brian Daboll has had a hand in shaping Josh Allen into becoming an MVP candidate.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tradigrade HC, Hehateme DC, Grimson OC, and BearsBud ST.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Mike Tomlin

Brian Daboll

fuck everyone else!!!!!!!
I wonder what it’d take to get tomlin? Have to hope he is thinking it’s time to move on now that Big Ben is trash and on his way out

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Greg Roman is my #1 at the moment, followed by Joe Brady and Brian Daboll.

I think Roman has the best resume out of all the OC's. Brady is a young up and comer who's done some nice work with the Panthers so far, and Brian Daboll has had a hand in shaping Josh Allen into becoming an MVP candidate.
I wanted Daboll or Moore but after seeing what Roman has been able to do with Lamar Jackson, Who is so limited in the passing game, I now think he’s the one that can help Fields reach his full potential.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I wonder what it’d take to get tomlin? Have to hope he is thinking it’s time to move on now that Big Ben is trash and on his way out

Big Ben has been washed for like 5 years yet he always keeps them in playoff contention. He’s the “dream” scenario for HC