Who ya got?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Mayfields arm length and poor testing numbers could easily see him slide into round two because some will question whether he'd be better off at OG in the league. Sub 33 inch arms is a pretty big red flag for LT prospects. I personally love the player as well.

Shuts down 1st round pass rushers from a year ago in Chase Young and AJ Epenesa (minus 1 play/sack) in 2019, is one of the better run-blocking LTs in college in 2020. So naturally one has to find a reason not to play a guy in a position he did everything well at because of 3/8 of an inch. Insert obvious speech about learning curve from NCAA to NFL.

Also--

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Shuts down 1st round pass rushers from a year ago in Chase Young and AJ Epenesa (minus 1 play/sack) in 2019, is one of the better run-blocking LTs in college in 2020. So naturally one has to find a reason not to play a guy in a position he did everything well at because of 3/8 of an inch. Insert obvious speech about learning curve from NCAA to NFL.

Also--

I didn't make the rules. I just know what's coveted. That said, some scouting departments have different philosophies. I still don't think Mayfield sniffs the top 25. Right or wrong. It will be for lack of length AND athletic ability. I agree. I love his tape. Tape trumps all imo but some put a ton of stock in traits. I'm also a Wolverine fan so it's hard for me not to be bias af.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Who I want: Darrisaw

Who I think Pace is going to take: Newsome II

I can see some combination of Mayfield, Jenkins, Cosmi, Eichenberg, and Radunz at #52, and Pace waiting until then.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Pace will offer the farm to trade up for a qb. If that fails he will draft Rondale Moore.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There are major concerns about Darrisaw's character, with him giving up on plays and then opting out of 2020. Although very talented, I cannot draft a player that I think will not give it his all at the next level. Those guys are busts waiting to happen.

I am taking Teven Jenkins, and with a somewhat more limited ceiling, I feel he is someone that can solidify the right side of the line and fill a big position of need in the future.
No way you hold sitting out a pandemic against him. Do you question Goldman’s character now because of it??

And very rarely will you find a college player that never takes a couple plays off. That’s what the interview process is for, to find out why

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Well, when I look at our FA moves with Trufant and Ifedi and the fact that we still have Miller rostered, it actually puts us in a good place to select the most impactful player available at CB, OT, or WR.

So from the mock you e provided:

1-I think I skip WR because you can find guys into the fifth round and we really only need a role player here.

2 - It seems like we may be moving to a man coverage D scheme, so Newsome is intriguing. Further, I think CB falls off pretty hard if we wait. But there is some projection required with Newsome because as I understand it he didn’t face a ton of top talent this year.

3 - At OT I still rank Teven Jenkins pretty highly and I don’t care if only plays RT. Looking back at our two best OL from my lifetime, Kreutz and Long, they both had that nastiness that Jenkins has and I think it’s something sorely missing from our crew right now.

So why not Darrisaw? Because he doesn’t have much bully to his game. He doesn’t seem to particularly relish run blocking.

All told, I think I have to go Jenkins then simply because his attitude and style of play could change the vibe of the entire OL.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Trade down for additional picks and get Walker Little, best WR available in round 2 (Terrace Marshall pls), & then get a developmental QB (Mills or Mond).

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
No way you hold sitting out a pandemic against him. Do you question Goldman’s character now because of it??

Were are just mocking draft picks, don't get so fired up man, we are just talking football.

Darrisaw takes plays off. Alot of them. On others he doesn't give full effort. That's a big concern for me in a first rounder.

Its still a tough call on drafting him. He had a good pro day and can probably play LT in the pros. Those are rare qualities.

But problems always set it with lazy players. In a first rounder, you want a guy you are going to sign for multiple contracts, not a guy who will get paid and get lazy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Trade down for additional picks

I am of this philosophy regardless of who is on the board, because there are going to be so many underrated prospects out there because of lack of tape this season.

But I think alot of teams are going to see it this way, and are not going to pay alot to move up later in the first round.

At 20, we are right at the cusp of the end of the top talent. Maybe a guy like Kwity Payne falls or someone falls in love with Toney and wants to trade up at 20, but I believe teams picking outside of the premium spots are going to fancy their selections and want multiple shots at players throughout the draft.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
As an OT, you need that arm length when you get beat, so you can have the length to desperately lunge at the defender as he goes by you ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There are major concerns about Darrisaw's character, with him giving up on plays and then opting out of 2020. Although very talented, I cannot draft a player that I think will not give it his all at the next level. Those guys are busts waiting to happen.

I am taking Teven Jenkins, and with a somewhat more limited ceiling, I feel he is someone that can solidify the right side of the line and fill a big position of need in the future.

Definitely don't want a Isaiah Wilson problem that Tenn and Miami dealt with.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For sure. To that point if I'm looking into fill the RT spot I'm taking Jenkins and not looking back. Their style of play is similar but Jenkins is the superior athlete.

Supposedly T.Jenkins has a serious mean streak in him as well and that's something i love from my o-lineman. Really intrigued with him even at #20.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trade down for additional picks and get Walker Little, best WR available in round 2 (Terrace Marshall pls), & then get a developmental QB (Mills or Mond).

Just saw a mock draft that i posted in a mock draft thread that has us trading down to #26 with Clev and adding a 4th round pick to do it and drafting Davis Mills at #26 and Liam Eichenberg at #52.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As an OT, you need that arm length when you get beat, so you can have the length to desperately lunge at the defender as he goes by you ?

Works well for Charles Leno.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darrisaw. No brainer.

The 4 most important positions in football are:
1) QB by a mile.
2) LT to protect that QB.
3) Edge to go get that QB.
4) Shut down CB to take away a number one WR threat.

After the top 5 QB’s, the next group of Mond, Mills, Trask don’t really excite. Probably wouldn’t even invest a second round. If one of those fell to the third, I’d highly consider.

Bears are over invested at Edge, so that is out of consideration.

So down to LT and a #1 CB.
To me, Darrisaw is the full package. It’s been forever since the Bears have had a legit top end LT. Run to the podium, announce Darrisaw and forget about LT for the next decade.

Round 2 is where it gets interesting. There’s only a handful of CB’s that interest me. If one of them unlikely drops, that’s the ticket for round 2. Otherwise WR might be what is left on the board that would provide good value.
Left Tackle Mafia ala Ommy via CBMB

PickSix

Liked Posts:

Darrisaw did not opt out despite many telling him to do just that. Played in every game despite testing positive. First team all ACC. PFF graded him with the highest score for an OL since 2014. You might be confusing him with his teammate Farley.

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
I think the Vikings take Darrisaw at 14. They have a pretty glaring need at tackle after cutting Reiff. If he is there at 20, I think you take him regardless of his questionable motor. His ability and athleticism is certainly better than any tackle the Bears have on the roster.