Whomst has the best RB room that will put the fear of GOD into other teams - Baers or Lions?

which room is better with the RBs currently inside of it?

• Total voters

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Answer me this, who is the fastest? Defenses will not have to game plan for Foreman or Herbert, while Gibbs will put the fear of god in them. Herbert, Rojo, Foreman, none of those lined up in the slot or out of the backfield as a receiver scare anybody.
Odd how last year you were telling me how much a better back Monty was than Swift, and when I pointed out Swift had more YPC, you said that did not mean anything, now this year it means everything. Talking out of both sides of your mouth again, I see.

You have spent a considerable amount of time telling me the Bears have a better run blocking line than the Lions, let's see what happens to Monty's YPC this year to see how that pans out.

Herbert is so one dimensional, he telegraphs to the defense what the Bears are going to do when he is in. Getting 5.7 YPC when you are used on third and 8 is a win for the defense.

But hey, Bears have a Qb that is a running back, and now they have a Rb that is a QB.
Brilliant!
Monty is a better back than Swift. The stats prove it. Swift can’t stay healthy. End of story on that narrative.

Herbert is one dimensional yet he averaged 5.7 ypc. That’s pretty impressive. Don’t know how you are trying to turn that into a negative.

RBs having speed doesn’t mean they are going to be successful. It just means they have speed. And LMAO x7,836,098 that Gibbs will put the “fear of god” into opposing teams.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Herbert is so one dimensional, he telegraphs to the defense what the Bears are going to do when he is in. Getting 5.7 YPC when you are used on third and 8 is a win for the defense.
It's not that hard to go to Khalil Herbert's 'splits' on espen or whatever sports website you prefer to find that you're entirely full of shit...

He averaged 7 ypc on 1st down (69 carries), 4.1 ypc on 2nd down (51 carries), 5.0 ypc on 3rd down (8 carries), and 0 ypc on 1 4th down rush.

8 carries for 40 yards on 3rd down last year. Yet your dumb ass tries to make it seem like he can only get garbage yards on 3rd and long when the defense can afford to give up a decent chunk.

I get its a pretty big, nay--extraordinary feat to be somehow dumber than Visionless and BR combined, and its almost respectable how you will not be deterred in your undertaking of said endeavor. But you're a complete and utter reh-tard on this matter, and you should sit the fuck down because you don't know what you're talking about.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not that hard to go to Khalil Herbert's 'splits' on espen or whatever sports website you prefer to find that you're entirely full of shit...

He averaged 7 ypc on 1st down (69 carries), 4.1 ypc on 2nd down (51 carries), 5.0 ypc on 3rd down (8 carries), and 0 ypc on 1 4th down rush.

8 carries for 40 yards on 3rd down last year. Yet your dumb ass tries to make it seem like he can only get garbage yards on 3rd and long when the defense can afford to give up a decent chunk.

I get its a pretty big, nay--extraordinary feat to be somehow dumber than Visionless and BR combined, and its almost respectable how you will not be deterred in your undertaking of said endeavor. But you're a complete and utter reh-tard on this matter, and you should sit the fuck down because you don't know what you're talking about.
Fact. You were the worst team in the league last year.
It was an example, sorry you took it so literally. I could have just as easily used goal line carries. Situations matter. Nobody fears Khali Herbert, No one. How many times do you hear his named mentioned outside of Chicago? Zero.
I see you conveniently didn't reply to the first part of my post, typical.
So why did Getsy start Monty over Herbert, if he was clearly the better of the two backs?

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree completely but one could also offer up that if the hype around ROJO is justified, Baers could be in better shape all around. Can Gibbs throw the ball????

Also lol @hyatt151 picking Loins. He's obv a closet lions fan if you look at his recent post history.
The thing about RoJo is that he's that 3 down back that can pass block or do so downfield, run elusive, with power or speed, catch at any level, even pass competently etc. No other back amongst the other 7 has the entire package that he possesses though some may do some things better. I really liked Mims in this draft but not at 12. You can forget tough yards or pass blocking but he's got a lot of big play in him. I think this draft basically fell asleep on Achane and RoJo. I expect both to have better careers than others taken before them (after the 1st round) outside of Miller.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If Gibbs is an elite player, it will be the Lions.

The Bears are deeper with three guys that could carry the load if necessary.

Foreman is a real wild card. He’s capable of putting up some nice games. He absolutely scorched the Lions in Carolina last season.
This is a good take.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what Foreman is capable of doing. Anything he does seems like gravy to me.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Nothing about my post is opinion. Herbert and Foreman were two of the most efficient backs in the NFL last year, Montgomery was one of the least efficient backs. Gibbs and Johnson are unknown since they are rookies. Gibbs has a lot of upside. Johnson has 3 down potential.. Montgomery is a better receiver and blocker than Foreman or Herbert. What did I say that was an opinion?
You opinion is the bears have a better backfield. I think you’re cherry picking stats to prove your opinion while not telling the entire story (or even understanding it).

It’s okay, you can believe what you want. I don’t really care enough to do a deep dive into something this silly. I got better things to do.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The thing about RoJo is that he's that 3 down back that can pass block or do so downfield, run elusive, with power or speed, catch at any level, even pass competently etc. No other back amongst the other 7 has the entire package that he possesses though some may do some things better. I really liked Mims in this draft but not at 12. You can forget tough yards or pass blocking but he's got a lot of big play in him. I think this draft basically fell asleep on Achane and RoJo. I expect both to have better careers than others taken before them (after the 1st round) outside of Miller.
So, better in terms of well-rounded and more proven. I'll take it. Not going to say "fear of GOD" about them but it's CLOSE!!!!!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The bears have a rookie wild card that could be a force.

The Lions have a rookie that could be a force.

The rest of the bears guys have been back ups their whole career.

The Lions have the bears starter from last year, who started over the Bears most likely number 1 guy to start the season.

You have to be a homer to think our backfield is better than the lions.
The Bears starter last year was let go because the backup is better. Lions get the Bears sloppy seconds.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bears starter last year was let go because the backup is better. Lions get the Bears sloppy seconds.
Don't know why this is so hard for him to understand, must be brane disabled or really, really hungover or both.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Don't know why this is so hard for him to understand, must be brane disabled or really, really hungover or both.
He doesn't even know RoJo is the better version of Monty

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He doesn't even know RoJo is the better version of Monty
well that's yet to be NFL proven but I would agree he's a better pure runner, better catcher, better blocker, better special teams player, and overall better. Only thing I don't see is the jump-cut, but if that keeps him from dancing behind the line then that's fine with me.

MAYBE @nc0gnet0 should WATCH SOME TAPE

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well that's yet to be NFL proven but I would agree he's a better pure runner, better catcher, better blocker, better special teams player, and overall better. Only thing I don't see is the jump-cut, but if that keeps him from dancing behind the line then that's fine with me.

Yet he failed to impress anyone in the combine with meh measurables, slow, not athletic, can't jump, and went in the 4th round.
But he is a Bear, so he is going to be GREAT!!!! Pass the Kool-Aid.
People thinking Gibbs is a frail small back are going to be surprised. Short (5'9), yes, but stocky and built.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Monty just hurt himself in OTAs, probably from dancing too much. Add that to Gibbs already dealing with injury and Baerz RB room is clearly superior.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Imagine trying to justify that your fourth-round draft pick RB is better than a first round pick, then saying a RB that was clearly the starter for your team last year is somehow less than the guy that played second fiddle. That is some good shit you be drinking.

1st overall pick Ki-Janna Carter must have had a way better career than that bum ass 6th rounder Terrell Davis. Let's be real, we don't know how these dudes will be in the NFL. But late round runningbacks strike just as often, if not more often than 1st rounders historically.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yet he failed to impress anyone in the combine with meh measurable, slow, not athletic, and went in the 4th round.
But he is a Bear, so he is going to be GREAT!!!!
Pass the Kool-Aid.
  1. Deneric Prince — Tulsa — RAS: 9.84
  2. Bijan Robinson — Texas — 9.81
  3. Zach Charbonnet — UCLA — 9.68
  4. Chase Brown — Illinois — 9.62
  5. Evan Hull — Northwestern — 9.18
  6. Camerun Peoples — Appalachian State — 8.75
  7. Keaton Mitchell — East Carolina — 8.53
  8. Roschon Johnson — Texas — 8.09 WITH ELITE BROAD JUMP!
  9. Jahmyr Gibbs — Alabama — 7.95
  10. Tank Bigsby — Auburn — 7.49

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st overall pick Ki-Janna Carter must have had a way better career than that bum ass 6th rounder Terrell Davis. Let's be real, we don't know how these dudes will be in the NFL. But late round runningbacks strike just as often, if not more often than 1st rounders historically.
On a percentage basis, this is not correct.
Of course, there is 30x more rbs selected in the "later rounds"

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  1. Deneric Prince — Tulsa — RAS: 9.84
  2. Bijan Robinson — Texas — 9.81
  3. Zach Charbonnet — UCLA — 9.68
  4. Chase Brown — Illinois — 9.62
  5. Evan Hull — Northwestern — 9.18
  6. Camerun Peoples — Appalachian State — 8.75
  7. Keaton Mitchell — East Carolina — 8.53
  8. Roschon Johnson — Texas — 8.09 WITH ELITE BROAD JUMP!
  9. Jahmyr Gibbs — Alabama — 7.95
  10. Tank Bigsby — Auburn — 7.49
lol
elite broad jump.....nice