Who's Better: Nagy or Pace?

Who is better at their job overall: Nagy or Pace?

• Total voters

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was really interested to see the results before the season starts.
Me personally I would say Pace because he will at least have a decent amount of top tier moves where Nagy is only really top tier in maintaining a locker room so far, which isn't that major.

903488876.jpg.0.jpgAR-150229714.jpg

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The only knock I have on Pace is his tendency to trade away the future.

Even if I excuse Nagy of a lot of things his playcalling sucks and he demands he is the one who does it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This is a no-brainer.

Nagy has yet to show any brain when it comes to doing his job.

Pace has shown a little brain.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Probably Pace

but i think Pace has done more to handicap Nagy than most realize

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace I think. If Nagy were to stick to playing head-coach instead of trying to be the "offensive genius" or even play-caller, I think Nagy is a very good head-coach.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeepers.

Is death an option?

I mean Ryan Pace hired Matt Nagy, so doesn't that automatically make him worse?

Do you think he will get that hire any better the third time around?

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jeepers.

Is death an option?

yes, because at least Pace has shown he has the ability to learn from his mistakes. I think Pace is not doing the best job, but is growing into it and learning and improving slowly where as Nagy is just stuck on "his way" and will not adjust to the evidence before everyone's eyes, instead reminding me of a toddler jumping up and down throwing a fit going "you're not doing it right!" but unable to make a scheme that they can do right. unable to adjust. unable to adapt. stubborn. That's nagy. Pace may not be all that clever but at least he makes efforts to adapt.

Romo27

Liked Posts:
How can Nagy say with a straight face that his system takes three or four years to be fully implemented? You're talking about the length of time it takes to earn a bachelor's degree. Is the system so awesome that it just takes that long for the players to be able to take it all in?

While I think Pace is better at his job than Nagy is at his, Pace continues to enable this clownshow.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If Pace survives the inevitable Nagy firing, it will be interesting to see him build a team with the QB position filled. So many resources went into that position its a huge advantage to have it settled personnel-wise.

There is no doubt that Pace can build a defense. He did that.

If Pace can hire a quality head coach and be able to draft (and not buy) his pass rushers I think he is a quality GM. But he really needs to get the coaching hire right if they keep him or otherwise you are just a director of pro personnel/director of college scouting.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
How can Nagy say with a straight face that his system takes three or four years to be fully implemented? You're talking about the length of time it takes to earn a bachelor's degree. Is the system so awesome that it just takes that long for the players to be able to take it all in?

Great point. How many players will get career ending injuries because they can't understand his system until a big chunk of their careers are over? He's wasting the best years of their career even if he doesn't waste their whole career.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace.

Pace hired Nagy.

The trade ups for Mitch & Jenkins should be fireable on their own.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
The only knock I have on Pace is his tendency to trade away the future.

Even if I excuse Nagy of a lot of things his playcalling sucks and he demands he is the one who does it.
It's really hard to say Nagy is worse, but then give the guy who hired him a pass. However, that's what I'm going with.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And we have our first derail post of the thread.....shocker.
at least you’re announcing your thread details now. Because my post is simply telling BBB that the rats opinion can’t be taken seriously based on his past posts. I’m actually saving this thread.

what is also shocking is you having nothing to say in the Foles thread when proven wrong but you run here to start a pissing match, so way to go Melty McMelterson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
at least you’re announcing your thread details now. Because my post is simply telling BBB that the rats opinion can’t be taken seriously based on his past posts. I’m actually saving this thread.

what is also shocking is you having nothing to say in the Foles thread when proven wrong but you run here to start a pissing match, so way to go Melty McMelterson.
Please try to stay on topic.

thanks

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I have to say Nagy. He has shown more versatility in being bad without much added merit in any way I can really think of. The biggest net positive from Nagy was probably the club dub celebrations from 2018. Which, who knows how much he had to do with anyway.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeepers.

Is death an option?

Well, obviously... S o m e o n e didn't vote.