Who's running the scouts now?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is Sanchez finally earning his keep or are they getting Glennon all the practice they can to develop him? (For our defense's sake I hope it's Sanchez.)

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Is Sanchez finally earning his keep or are they getting Glennon all the practice they can to develop him? (For our defense's sake I hope it's Sanchez.)

I think the opposite: when Trubisky was running the scout team, he was tearing up the defense. When Glennon started running the scout team, the defense started gaining confidence with all of the interceptions they were getting against Glennon. Eventually, the confidence level rose enough and the Bears got 2 interception, one being a pick 6.

If Glennon continues on the scout team, this will be the scene from the game after the bye week:

Fangio: I want a pick 6 from everyone.

The entire Bears defense: What do you mean everyone?

Fangio: Everyone!

[video=youtube;JB_deAcoC2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB_deAcoC2I[/video]

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sanchez really appears to be a QB coach. On the sidelines, he's constantly in Trubiskys ear. I would prefer it be someone with a little more success in the NFL, but kudos to Pace for going out and getting a Vet who was going to be content with that role.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sanchez really appears to be a QB coach. On the sidelines, he's constantly in Trubiskys ear. I would prefer it be someone with a little more success in the NFL, but kudos to Pace for going out and getting a Vet who was going to be content with that role.

The shoopster has noticed this as well. And Sanchez - despite the infamy of the butt fumble - had pretty good success at one time in the NFL. He's more than qualified to help nurse "Frisky" Trubisky along.

It makes one wonder, though, exactly what Mike "Glen or" Glennon is doing. I actually feel a little sorry for Glennon. Sure, he's got the $18 million, and it's not his fault that Ruan Pace is an awful evaluator of pro talent and put him in a situation he couldn't possibly succeed in. But the competitor in Glennon has got to be going thru hell right now knowing what a complete and utter failure he is as an NFL quarterback.

Frankly, if The Frisky One gets injured or has to sit for some reason (Halas forbid), the shoopster would rather see Sanchez . . .

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The shoopster has noticed this as well. And Sanchez - despite the infamy of the butt fumble - had pretty good success at one time in the NFL. He's more than qualified to help nurse "Frisky" Trubisky along.

It makes one wonder, though, exactly what Mike "Glen or" Glennon is doing. I actually feel a little sorry for Glennon. Sure, he's got the $18 million, and it's not his fault that Ruan Pace is an awful evaluator of pro talent and put him in a situation he couldn't possibly succeed in. But the competitor in Glennon has got to be going thru hell right now knowing what a complete and utter failure he is as an NFL quarterback.

Frankly, if The Frisky One gets injured or has to sit for some reason (Halas forbid), the shoopster would rather see Sanchez . . .

You really need to stop with nicknames. You really suck at it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Seems most of the best coaches were journeyman or failed players.