Who's the best Rock Band of all time and why is it Led Zeppelin?

Who's The Best Rock Band of All Time

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Led Zeppelin!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish Gibson would make a Les Paul with their "slim taper" neck.. I'd get one in a heartbeat.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish Gibson would make a Les Paul with their "slim taper" neck.. I'd get one in a heartbeat.

You mean like the SG? I had one of the 61 SG re-issue a while back and like a dumb kid I traded it in. I removed the stock humbuckers and put in 59 classics. It had such great tone, probably my favorite guitar I owned.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@zack54attack This is still an issue for me as well when trying to upload phone photos.

IJPH a stupid workaround that downsizes it without too much headache is to just text the picture to yourself, dl it to your phone, and then upload that version of the pic, as the text version will be a much smaller file size.

Edit: Congrats on the axe!!
I found an app called photo resize. Did the job.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Honestly, I love the neck on this one. It's so much easier for me to play than my s-style guitar with the modern C.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any of you guys into acoustic guitars? It's something I'd like to have. Eventually I'm going to be in the market and I just discovered Orangewood. They look great and sound pretty fantastic from what I can tell at that price point. Think I might have to pick one up.

@Leomaz

For an acoustic guitar make sure you check out Breedlove. They are phenomenal and are used by many top players. A very intense acoustic guitar manufacturer .

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For an acoustic guitar make sure you check out Breedlove. They are phenomenal and are used by many top players. A very intense acoustic guitar manufacturer manufacturer.

Yup, they are on my short list for an affordable acoustic. I like their organic series.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean like the SG? I had one of the 61 SG re-issue a while back and like a dumb kid I traded it in. I removed the stock humbuckers and put in 59 classics. It had such great tone, probably my favorite guitar I owned.
No..the SG has a chunkier neck too.. but not as chunky as the LP..Maybe the 61 SG had a slim taper..I dont know

The slim taper was put on the 63 ES335..I have a 63 reissue with the slim taper.

My favorite Gibson pickup is the 57 classic..I bought a new 85 Epiphone Sheraton made in Korea guitar in 85..Its awesome, but the pickups were crap..I put 57 classics in, and push pull pots!!

Last edited:

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I love the neck on this one. It's so much easier for me to play than my s-style guitar with the modern C.
Everyone has different tastes and different hands..If that works for you..GREAT!

I had a 54 LP reissue with those "staple" pickups..It had great tone, but I just couldn't get used to the chunky neck

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No..the SG has a chunkier neck too.. but not as chunky as the LP..Maybe the 61 SG had a slim taper..I dont know

The slim taper was put on the 63 ES335..I have a 63 reissue with the slim taper.

My favorite Gibson pickup is the 57 classic..I bought a new 85 Epiphone Sheraton made in Korea guitar in 85..Its awesome, but the pickups were crap..I put 57 classics in, and push pull pots!!

This LP has the 57 classic pickups. They sound really nice. I don't have all that much experience with different pickups, so I can't really compare.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Can’t you have it customized by Gibson ?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Any of you guys into acoustic guitars? It's something I'd like to have. Eventually I'm going to be in the market and I just discovered Orangewood. They look great and sound pretty fantastic from what I can tell at that price point. Think I might have to pick one up.

@Leomaz
Don’t laugh. Years ago I bought a Burswood acoustic guitar from Target.....it is an incredible sounding guitar and stays in tune for the most part. People that play it cannot believe it came from target.
Go into a Guitar Center acoustic room and just have some fun......

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Don’t laugh. Years ago I bought a Burswood acoustic guitar from Target.....it is an incredible sounding guitar and stays in tune for the most part. People that play it cannot believe it came from target.
Go into a Guitar Center acoustic room and just have some fun......

Don't matter where you got it as long is it sounds good. I could have Jimmy Page's guitar collection and still sound like some schlub trying to imitate Page lol.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can’t you have it customized by Gibson ?
Last I checked, Gibson wont make 1 off guitars...If you want something made, you have to order like 500..Dealers like Wildwood do that.

Thats why I ordered that blue guitar from a custom maker..he will make anything ya want

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just checked the Gibson site.. They offer a 61, and a 64 reissue LP that has that SG body... They both have a slim taper neck, so I'm sure your original did!!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just checked the Gibson site.. They offer a 61, and a 64 reissue LP that has that SG body... They both have a slim taper neck, so I'm sure your original did!!
Yeah it was razor thin. I had a 5150 head too through a Marshall cabinet and celestial greenback speakers. The tone was insane.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how much time I have left on this planet, but I sure hope that my wife doesn't sell all my guitars for what I told her they cost when I bought em..If she does, some guy is going to be laughing his ass off leaving my house with a trunk load of stuff!

I probably should include in my will to have all my musical equipment appraised before selling.