Who's the best Rock Band of all time and why is it Led Zeppelin?

Who's The Best Rock Band of All Time

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Led Zeppelin!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't know how much time I have left on this planet, but I sure hope that my wife doesn't sell all my guitars for what I told her they cost when I bought em..If she does, some guy is going to be laughing his ass off leaving my house with a trunk load of stuff!

I probably should include in my will to have all my musical equipment appraised before selling.

Name and Address please @Leomaz

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
All the old timers say.."The tone is in the fingers"

There is a lot of truth to that

No doubt. Jimmy Page can make a Epiphone sound like a Gibson, while I make a Gibson sound like an Epiphone. It's all in the fingers, and the amp :)

Monster

Liked Posts:
I will not fight this... If I made a list they would be there no doubt.
But in all honesty picking a best ever rock band is like picking a best ever beer... it is at times mood dependent.
That and if I stick too much to one I miss out on many other really good beers.

That said when I was young I got a tad lit and attempted to draw a forrest echoing with laughter.... it was an epic fail.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
FTR, the rest of the band are pretty spectacular.

Jimmy Page is crazy talented. I just wish he held out for someone better than Robert Plant.

I know it's literally impossible, but imagine Led Zeppelin with someone like Janis Joplin singing and songwriting.

That band probably would have been GOAT.

Songs like this are why you can fuck off (no disrespect to you or janis joplin or joan baez)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
FTR, the rest of the band are pretty spectacular.

Jimmy Page is crazy talented. I just wish he held out for someone better than Robert Plant.

I know it's literally impossible, but imagine Led Zeppelin with someone like Janis Joplin singing and songwriting.

That band probably would have been GOAT.
Also this one, best led zep song ever

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@Leomaz got me a PRS SE Angelus acoustic. Found a couple month used one for around $500. Looks brand new and saved me a solid $150. Plays and looks real nice imo. Came with a hard case too.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
@Leomaz got me a PRS SE Angelus acoustic. Found a couple month used one for around $500. Looks brand new and saved me a solid $150. Plays and looks real nice imo. Came with a hard case too.
Damn dude , you are going to catch up to me in the guitar owning category. Nice find.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Damn dude , you are going to catch up to me in the guitar owning category. Nice find.

I have three. Got the acoustic, which I was something I've always wanted, and the Gibson Les Paul, which is my holy grail. I still have my first guitar, a Washburn S-Style that I'm going to do a complete tear down and rebuild. It's a solid base, but the electronics in it are meh. I'm going to sand it, repaint it, and put in all new hardware. I'll post some pics whenever I get it finished.

Only thing I'm not touching is the neck, because it's already a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. I'm toying with the idea of putting my own decal on the headstock. Should be a nice summer project. Now if I could just get really good at playing them LOL. Still practicing and getting better, still got a lot to learn. I'm insanely busy so it's hard to play much outside of the weekends.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Does it have birds for the fret marker inlays?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Looks nice. I like the cut-away, and and inlays that are something besides dots.

Thanks. Yeah, the cutaway was a must. I also love the PRS headstock on top of the inlays.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have three. Got the acoustic, which I was something I've always wanted, and the Gibson Les Paul, which is my holy grail. I still have my first guitar, a Washburn S-Style that I'm going to do a complete tear down and rebuild. It's a solid base, but the electronics in it are meh. I'm going to sand it, repaint it, and put in all new hardware. I'll post some pics whenever I get it finished.

Only thing I'm not touching is the neck, because it's already a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. I'm toying with the idea of putting my own decal on the headstock. Should be a nice summer project. Now if I could just get really good at playing them LOL. Still practicing and getting better, still got a lot to learn. I'm insanely busy so it's hard to play much outside of the weekends.
Sounds like you got a bit of work ahead of you. Its always good to get personal with your guitars. I always do a intonation when i get a new one. Gibson has a pretty decent video on how to do it.
I have a project I'm getting ready to undertake as well. My son bought an Epiphone Strat at a garage sale for $20. I'm going to redo the pickups and also redo the finish. Its all black at the moment.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sounds like you got a bit of work ahead of you. Its always good to get personal with your guitars. I always do a intonation when i get a new one. Gibson has a pretty decent video on how to do it.
I have a project I'm getting ready to undertake as well. My son bought an Epiphone Strat at a garage sale for $20. I'm going to redo the pickups and also redo the finish. Its all black at the moment.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this undertaking, and the main reason I wanted another guitar was so I had something to play for a while when the other one's in pieces LOL. The thing needs a rebuild anyway, as the jack and one of the pots are trashed. It seems Washburn put the value in the wood and not so much the electronics, which makes for a great base. You going to keep your son's black or go for something different? I'm changing the color on mine to match a different aesthetic. I didn't even know Epiphone made a strat.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this undertaking, and the main reason I wanted another guitar was so I had something to play for a while when the other one's in pieces LOL. The thing needs a rebuild anyway, as the jack and one of the pots are trashed. It seems Washburn put the value in the wood and not so much the electronics, which makes for a great base. You going to keep your son's black or go for something different? I'm changing the color on mine to match a different aesthetic. I didn't even know Epiphone made a strat.
I’m going to let him decide. I think he wants a Purdue themed color scheme.