Who's the best Rock Band of all time and why is it Led Zeppelin?

Who's The Best Rock Band of All Time

• Led Zeppelin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Led Zeppelin!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
@Leomaz @HeHateMe have you guys ever played a G&L? And if so, thoughts?
I have not but if you are buying one just go to a place, if possible, and plug it in. When I wanted to purchase an Epiphone Les Paul I went to Chicago Music Exchange and played a few guitars there. Guitar Centers also will let you plug in and play as well. You’ll know after a few times playing it if it’s what you want.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Martin.jpg
Sorry, having editing issues. This is my guitar. My team got a a nice gift card from Guitar Center a few years back after my passed down old acoustic took a tumble and broke. She is the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen. Not super high end Martin (About $700) but she's perfect for me.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
View attachment 7104
Sorry, having editing issues. This is my guitar. My team got a a nice gift card from Guitar Center a few years back after my passed down old acoustic took a tumble and broke. She is the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen. Not super high end Martin (About $700) but she's perfect for me.
I love that guitar. It has a great tone and nice sustain for an acoustic.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love that guitar. It has a great tone and nice sustain for an acoustic.
I am not the best player but I adore it. I always wanted a Martin.

cruizea5

Liked Posts:
I'm a fan of Queen too. I was just drunk and listening to Zep I hadn't heard in a long time when I made this poll.
mx player

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am not the best player but I adore it. I always wanted a Martin.
I would take it in a heartbeat. Many great songs have been written and performed on a Martin guitar.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been wanting to get my last hollow body guitar for several months now. I had brought the choice down to between a Gretsch White Falcon, an Ibanez artcore, and the Godin Montreal Premiere.

Then, just for fun, I picked up one of the newer Fender Starcasters, and now I feel like an indecivise twit, and backed away for a bit.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just can’t do Zeppelin.... no matter how hard I try it does literally nothing for me. Like I’ll change the channel on the radio.

My list:

1: Pink Floyd
Everything else: Stones, AC/DC, Mettalica, GNR, Radiohead, Beatles, Queen, Springsteen, Eagles, etc.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've been wanting to get my last hollow body guitar for several months now. I had brought the choice down to between a Gretsch White Falcon, an Ibanez artcore, and the Godin Montreal Premiere.

Then, just for fun, I picked up one of the newer Fender Starcasters, and now I feel like an indecivise twit, and backed away for a bit.
Wow. The Gretchen is a great guitar. Haven’t had the chance to check out the Ibanez Artcore or the GMP. The new straits are pretty nice as well. But if you can get an older one it’s worth it as well. I wouldn’t mind getting a Fender Mustang or Jaguar. I also would like to get a Gibson Explorer or Flying V.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I just can’t do Zeppelin.... no matter how hard I try it does literally nothing for me. Like I’ll change the channel on the radio.

My list:

1: Pink Floyd
Everything else: Stones, AC/DC, Mettalica, GNR, Radiohead, Beatles, Queen, Springsteen, Eagles, etc.
Been listening to Zeppelin since I was 11.....can’t stop. Just my opinion. I like 99.9% of the Bands.... the Police has been the 1 band that I will not listen to but I wouldn’t tell anybody not to listen to them, if that makes sense.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow. The Gretchen is a great guitar. Haven’t had the chance to check out the Ibanez Artcore or the GMP. The new straits are pretty nice as well. But if you can get an older one it’s worth it as well.

Not a strat I was looking at, but a starcaster, semi hollow body. They were kind of a failure in the 70s, but they and the Coronado have been re-imagined by Fender. Inexpensive, but a nice feel.

The Gretsch and the Godin are high end expensive guitars. The Ibanez artcore and the Starcaster are much more reasonably priced.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not a strat I was looking at, but a starcaster, semi hollow body. They were kind of a failure in the 70s, but they and the Coronado have been re-imagined by Fender. Inexpensive, but a nice feel.

The Gretsch and the Godin are high end expensive guitars. The Ibanez artcore and the Starcaster are much more reasonably priced.
My Bad, I actually was just looking at the Coronado. Resembles the Gretsch a bit. I bet it plays nice. What do,you play thru?

The star caster for is reasonably priced!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Been listening to Zeppelin since I was 11.....can’t stop. Just my opinion. I like 99.9% of the Bands.... the Police has been the 1 band that I will not listen to but I wouldn’t tell anybody not to listen to them, if that makes sense.

All good. It's all just personal opinion.

Sting is definately not one of my favorite singers so I'm with you there. Roxanne is obnoxious and Every Breath You Take is creepy as fuk.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
All good. It's all just personal opinion.

Sting is definately not one of my favorite singers so I'm with you there. Roxanne is obnoxious and Every Breath You Take is creepy as fuk.
I don’t like any of it...the guitar sounds gets on my nerve... I am not saying they aren’t talented because just to put a song together and get it recorded takes a bit of talent. And off the record.. I hate the song Don’t fear the reaper.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don’t like any of it...the guitar sounds gets on my nerve... I am not saying they aren’t talented because just to put a song together and get it recorded takes a bit of talent. And off the record.. I hate the song Don’t fear the reaper.

I saw the Police open for Talking Heads. IMO Copeland made that band bearable.

Blue Oyster Cult should be no more than a passing phase for a teenage boy.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Pretty interesting little segment here with TomScholz of Boston

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am gonna have to call b.s. on zep.
Gonna have to say Queen.

And we have a winner.

(I'll overlook your "page beats may" folly since you got the big picture right. May's precision and uniquely delicious melodies piss all over Jimmy page).