Who's the best WR in this draft?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was on the Hyatt hype train but he's only had one season and that was only because of how well he did with the deep ball. His route running probably needs a ton of work.

JSN is the most pro ready WR in this draft he does everything right. He gets slack for his lack of playing time this season but there isn't much to dislike about him.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really like JSN even if he isn't quite the physical specimen as Quentin Johnson (Not saying JSN is a slouch whatsoever physically). Also Ohio State WR's have a very good track record recently.

I feel the same Addison is a close second and he's improved his drop rate at USC this season and is faster than JSN but I feel JSN is going to have a better career.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Quinten Johnston is the best WR in the draft. I do think Jalin Hyatt is the 1st off the board though after he runs a sub 4.3 at the combine. I think you'll see a run on WR around 17-30. Hyatt, Johnston, and Addison all go before 30. I think JSN could go in this range as well, but he could also be there at the beginning of day 2 as well. After that, Flowers, Downs, Boutte and Rice should all go day 2, though the order depends on preference.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Quinten Johnston is the best WR in the draft. I do think Jalin Hyatt is the 1st off the board though after he runs a sub 4.3 at the combine. I think you'll see a run on WR around 17-30. Hyatt, Johnston, and Addison all go before 30. I think JSN could go in this range as well, but he could also be there at the beginning of day 2 as well. After that, Flowers, Downs, Boutte and Rice should all go day 2, though the order depends on preference.
I think Rice has the potential to be a really good pro. He has enough of everything athletically and physically and really love the way he plucks the ball with a somewhat aggressive nature.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I feel the same Addison is a close second and he's improved his drop rate at USC this season and is faster than JSN but I feel JSN is going to have a better career.
The careers these guys have will depend on what team they go to and who they have at QB and who's calling plays. Whoever the best is might not even look it if they go to a team that doesn't use him enough or use him correctly.

My top 3
J.Addison
JSN
Z.Flowers

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
For all the angst that Poles received for the Claypool trade, I understood why he did it. For the record, I wasn't the biggest fan of the trade, partially because I wasn't that high on Claypool, but I also thought their own pick was too high of a price to pay. I don't know if Poles even made the call to Denver, but I would have been more than willing to give up that pick, and maybe more, for Jeudy. That being said, unless JSN falls to the second round, I think Claypool may be a better option for Field's development next year than any WR they could draft in the 2nd. There is a possibility the Bears could get lucky in the second if Boutte is still available

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
2023 isn't the best draft for WR but some good slot guys in this draft Jordan Addison, JSN and Downs. Quentin Johnston and Jalin Hyatt are the top prospects for outside receivers.

JSN is without a doubt the best one, next in a long line of Buckeye WR's, this goes back years, they just know how coach & develop WR's.
I'm surprised Brian Hartline isn't a HC somewhere by now.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I was on the Hyatt hype train but he's only had one season and that was only because of how well he did with the deep ball. His route running probably needs a ton of work.

JSN is the most pro ready WR in this draft he does everything right. He gets slack for his lack of playing time this season but there isn't much to dislike about him.
The only knock on JSN is that he only had 350 yards on 16 catches and around 4 TD's in the Rose bowl, what a hack, just kidding naturally.

discplayer

Liked Posts:

Having a chronic hamstring strain is something I dislike.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Do you really believe that?
I believe proportionate to where he will be drafted he will be the best WR in the draft

It’s kind of a meh WR draft. I don’t trust taking a guy like Johnston, Hyatt, or JSN in the first round.

I’d rather take Tillman in the 2nd or 3rd. He’s as physically gifted as Johnston is at 6’3 215. Runs a complete route tree and has that alpha dog in him.

Tillman has also produced in the toughest college conference whereas Johnston did his damage against some sus big 12 defenses. Then he got shut down by Georgia, which sure it happens to alot of guys but still only lends to the question of competition