Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I believe proportionate to where he will be drafted he will be the best WR in the draft

It’s kind of a meh WR draft. I don’t trust taking a guy like Johnston, Hyatt, or JSN in the first round.

I’d rather take Tillman in the 2nd or 3rd. He’s as physically gifted as Johnston is at 6’3 215. Runs a complete route tree and has that alpha dog in him.

Tillman has also produced in the toughest college conference whereas Johnston did his damage against some sus big 12 defenses. Then he got shut down by Georgia, which sure it happens to alot of guys but still only lends to the question of competition
But hasn't Hyatt produced in that same competition too?

I like them both. But I love the analysis of someone saying "take Tillman later than Hyatt"

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But hasn't Hyatt produced in that same competition too?

I like them both. But I love the analysis of someone saying "take Tillman later than Hyatt"
Hyatt honestly scares me as a draft prospect. He’s fast as hell but gives me will fuller vibes. A decent WR, but certainly not someone worth a 1st round pick

Tillman as an X receiver along with claypool, move Mooney to the slot and I feel like that’s a 3 WR set that is at least of NFL quality

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hyatt honestly scares me as a draft prospect. He’s fast as hell but gives me will fuller vibes. A decent WR, but certainly not someone worth a 1st round pick

Tillman as an X receiver along with claypool, move Mooney to the slot and I feel like that’s a 3 WR set that is at least of NFL quality

I hate the idea of moving Mooney to Z. With St. Brown, Pettis, Claypool, and Pringle the Bears would have already tried that IMO. It doesn't see. that simple. Draft a legit #1 and a true Z and be better off IMO

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Hyatt is my favorite receiver in the draft. Love the size, the hands, and of course, the speed. I think he may run a sub 4.30 at the combine and rise up the draft boards. If the Bears can get another 1st round pick in the teens, he would be my pick.

Addison, Rice, and Josh Downs are also players I like. Addison might be the most well rounded receiver in the draft, Rice has elite measurables, and Downs is probably the most productive, but doesn't have the size to be a #1.

One guy I'm keeping my eye on in later rounds is the kid from Houston, Tank Dell. He's been a human highlight reel in college the last two years, and was only a couple receptions away from leading the country in all three receiving categories.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
I like Jalin Hyatt a lot but I think he’ll be over drafted. The guy I really like for the Bears, considering where he’ll be drafted, is Parker Washington. He’s great at one thing, he catches everything, especially in traffic, and wonderful at high pointing the ball. Still only 20 years old. Catches everything with his hands. He’s the kind of receiver a guy like Fields needs. Just throw it in his vicinity, and he’ll come down with the ball.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What do you guys think of Josh Downs? I think he's a late first round pick but if he's falls to the Bears in round two I'd love him.

PLAYER COMPARISON​

Rondale Moore / Tyler Lockett

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Josh Downs has proved that despite his size he can be productive posting four 1k seasons over his career. Most of his drawbacks as a player come from his size and the others can be coached out, although he will largely profile as a slot receiver once coming onto the pro scene, he offers versatility as a special teamer as well. Downs ranks as my #2 slot receiver in this draft class only behind Jordan Addison of USC making him a projected late first-round selection. His elite acceleration will prove invaluable at the NFL combine, the possibility of a low 4.3 or high 4.2 40-yard dash is within the realm of possibility.

Downs' best chance for success is with a team that highly utilizes slot receivers and one that will not expect him to block. USC has tried to use him as a deep threat and while it has worked at the college level, it will not at the NFL level. It is important teams see Downs for what he is, an elite slot receiver and special teamer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Whole package including injuries? Right now it’s Addison.

JSN can’t stay on the field. If he could he’d be the #1 guy.

Johnston looks Andy Fantuz/Austin Collie/Brian Finneran levels of molasses-slow every time I watch him. I can see the appeal otherwise. 50/50 ball winner against lots of good college DBs. Something the bears miss without Robinson.

Downs projects as a slot WR, not an X. He’s shifty AF though.

Jalin Hyatt is a track star first, second, and third before he’s a WR—and with questionable hands—to put it kindly I’ll pass in putting him amongst the top WR talents. He also can’t block and doesn’t know when to find soft spots in a zone/understand how to hand fight back with DBs, because he’s a track star, not a football player or WR. We just drafted his older version a year ago. If we’re talking a mid rounds deep threat only, I could buy in. But in the 1st round? LOL. His teammate Cedric Tillman fits what Getsy looks for way more.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Whole package including injuries? Right now it’s Addison.

JSN can’t stay on the field. If he could he’d be the #1 guy.

Johnston looks Andy Fantuz/Austin Collie/Brian Finneran levels of molasses-slow every time I watch him. I can see the appeal otherwise. 50/50 ball winner against lots of good college DBs. Something the bears miss without Robinson.

Downs projects as a slot WR, not an X. He’s shifty AF though.

Jalin Hyatt is a track star first, second, and third before he’s a WR—and with questionable hands—to put it kindly I’ll pass in putting him amongst the top WR talents. He also can’t block and doesn’t know when to find soft spots in a zone/understand how to hand fight back with DBs, because he’s a track star, not a football player or WR. We just drafted his older version a year ago. If we’re talking a mid rounds deep threat only, I could buy in. But in the 1st round? LOL. His teammate Cedric Tillman fits what Getsy looks for way more.

Cedric Tillman was projected as the top dog in Tennessee before his injury not sure why he decided to play again as a second year senior, Bears already have an older Tennessee player on the roster with their old teammate Velus Jones Jr.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Cedric Tillman was projected as the top dog in Tennessee before his injury not sure why he decided to play again as a second year senior, Bears already have an older Tennessee player on the roster with their old teammate Velus Jones Jr.
Tillman turns 23 just 8 days before the draft. I won’t call that old, even if other guys are 20 going on 21 or 21 going on 22. Actual scouts won’t care about him being 23, so I really have no clue what point you’re trying to make with him being old because he’s not 25 going on 26.

The injured part I get, but we can’t have it both ways. You can’t scout a guy, who has a 1000+ yard receiving year and you want to see it again to make sure he’s not a flash in the pan type, so he comes back then gets hurt trying to boost his own stock.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The best wr is probably Addison. Addison has consistently put up very good production at 2 different programs. JSN is right there, but missing the whole year makes his evaluation a little tougher. Johnston has bust written all over him. I agree with @knoxville7 about Tillman > Johnston. I really like Hyatt, but his combine is going to have his draft stock go crazy

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tillman turns 23 just 8 days before the draft. I won’t call that old, even if other guys are 20 going on 21 or 21 going on 22. Actual scouts won’t care about him being 23, so I really have no clue what point you’re trying to make with him being old because he’s not 25 going on 26.

The injured part I get, but we can’t have it both ways. You can’t scout a guy, who has a 1000+ yard receiving year and you want to see it again to make sure he’s not a flash in the pan type, so he comes back then gets hurt trying to boost his own stock.

It was a joke but still his age should play a factor.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The best wr is probably Addison. Addison has consistently put up very good production at 2 different programs. JSN is right there, but missing the whole year makes his evaluation a little tougher. Johnston has bust written all over him. I agree with @knoxville7 about Tillman > Johnston. I really like Hyatt, but his combine is going to have his draft stock go crazy

I agree with you 100% here. Johnston hands are pretty weak and that scares me.

• Johnston isn’t as good as you expect given his athletic traits on contested catches.
  • He also had problems with focus drops when coming back to the action (8 drops in 2002). Johnston has some issues against press coverage, sometimes spending too much time hand-fighting at the line of scrimmage.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Give me JSN the Slot God!

He would be a huge help to Fields since he has a knack for getting open, especially when the play breaks down. He has great hands. People say he’s not fast but neither is Cooper Kupp. I think JSN has the potential to have similar impact.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like boutte in the 2nd

Think he has a good skillset for the NFL.

I expect us to draft rashee rice now tho that Getsy is coaching him in the senior bowlol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like boutte in the 2nd

Think he has a good skillset for the NFL.

I expect us to draft rashee rice now tho that Getsy is coaching him in the senior bowlol
Hope you can keep Boutte away from the sex parties!

I guess that’s why he loafed and took plays off this year, he was so worn out from the orgies!

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
And this is exactly why poles made the move for clay pool. The free agent wrs who won’t be tagged are weak and so is this wr draft class. Time is ticking

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I believe proportionate to where he will be drafted he will be the best WR in the draft

It’s kind of a meh WR draft. I don’t trust taking a guy like Johnston, Hyatt, or JSN in the first round.

I’d rather take Tillman in the 2nd or 3rd. He’s as physically gifted as Johnston is at 6’3 215. Runs a complete route tree and has that alpha dog in him.

Tillman has also produced in the toughest college conference whereas Johnston did his damage against some sus big 12 defenses. Then he got shut down by Georgia, which sure it happens to alot of guys but still only lends to the question of competition
yeah I like Tillman as well, right behind JSN.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

I agree, he reminds me of Fuller as well.