Who's the best WR in this draft?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Uhhhmmm we spent our WR1 money on a guy named Chase.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wicks looks interesting.

The more I watch this class the more I feel it may set up well for the Bears. Yeah there’s no clear cut #1 WR but I’m still seeing some guys that are intriguing

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I get what you're saying, but he CLEARLY was making a (smart) business decision (to not play). He's going to the NFL draft.
I suppose so, but does it not also pop up a red flag that he put more value on preserving his draft stock than joining his teammates in the CFP, when they very well could win it all? How about all the teammates who also were risking draft status by playing?

I dunno for certain, of course, but all signs point to his hammy strain lasting the entire season. THAT is definitely a concern. Hamstring strains can become chronic and end careers (esp for speed athletes who have to sprint), can lead to a torn ACL and other compensatory injuries.

Nutshell, if investing a high pick (#1a, 1b or a #2) on a WR, it should not be spent for an athlete with JSN's type of injury. If he couldn't get healthy all season... Good heavens, that's a big ol' RED flag!

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I suppose so, but does it not also pop up a red flag that he put more value on preserving his draft stock than joining his teammates in the CFP, when they very well could win it all? How about all the teammates who also were risking draft status by playing?

I dunno for certain, of course, but all signs point to his hammy strain lasting the entire season. THAT is definitely a concern. Hamstring strains can become chronic and end careers (esp for speed athletes who have to sprint), can lead to a torn ACL and other compensatory injuries.

Nutshell, if investing a high pick (#1a, 1b or a #2) on a WR, it should not be spent for an athlete with JSN's type of injury. If he couldn't get healthy all season... Good heavens, that's a big ol' RED flag!
And skipping out on a bowl game to protect agains injury is one thing, but the CFP?!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Simply put, no. It's becoming more and more common now. Many players are doing this.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I suppose so, as just realized UGA's defensive captain did so. Oh, well. The shape of things these days :~/
UGA’s defensive captain is Nolan Smith. He was hurt

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Honestly ive watched several videos of Johnston and im not all that impressed. I thought the Bears should take him early on if possible but i was buying into the hype. Went and did my own research and i agree id pass. Tillman could be the best but i think Hyatt could be the best reciever in this draft.

Hyatt had a great year and had to cash in because of it, but even the most die hard Tennessee fans will admit he could have really used another year to prove this past season wasn't a fluke. Year's prior he had a case of the drops. Not the best hands, and I fear he could encounter a situation like Velus did entering the NFL. In that he may drop/fumble one or two passes and have a hard time building trust and regaining confidence.

I also am not sure how utilized he would be in our offense. A guy like Shannahan who can scheme him in open space would have a hayday with him. Hyatt will be a guy who will stretch the field and take the top off the defense. But, for us, I want a security blanket that Justin can go to when he needs a play the most.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hyatt had a great year and had to cash in because of it, but even the most die hard Tennessee fans will admit he could have really used another year to prove this past season wasn't a fluke. Year's prior he had a case of the drops. Not the best hands, and I fear he could encounter a situation like Velus did entering the NFL. In that he may drop/fumble one or two passes and have a hard time building trust and regaining confidence.

I also am not sure how utilized he would be in our offense. A guy like Shannahan who can scheme him in open space would have a hayday with him. Hyatt will be a guy who will stretch the field and take the top off the defense. But, for us, I want a security blanket that Justin can go to when he needs a play the most.

Look no further than Nathaniel "Tank" Dell out of Houston

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Look no further than Nathaniel "Tank" Dell out of Houston

My initial take is that he reminds me of another Darnell Mooney. Not really what I would be looking to add to our offense. More of a big body guy. I like the Rashee Rice kid for example.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Dell will slot. Don't sleep on a Tank

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
My initial take is that he reminds me of another Darnell Mooney. Not really what I would be looking to add to our offense. More of a big body guy. I like the Rashee Rice kid for example.
Parker Washington. Remember the name.