Why all the trust in Poles?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
What's the alternative? Organize a strike outside of Halas Hall? Send death threats?

What's encouraging is that Poles is doing this the right way, tearing this thing down to the joists. What remains to be seen is if he can turn all that cap space and draft picks into quality players that can win some games. It's refreshing to see after watching Pace kick the financial can down the road while trading picks away and trying to keep the ship together with duct tape.

36special

Liked Posts:
I mean, if someone told me that we would be giving away Mack, Smith and Quinn for a few draft picks and letting Robinson, Hicks and Daniels walk out the door while replacing them with what we have now..... I wouldn't have been happy.

We will see what he does this coming offseason. If it is more of the same then I hope he is out in a year or two.

I have no confidence in him.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I mean, if someone told me that we would be giving away Mack, Smith and Quinn for a few draft picks and letting Robinson, Hicks and Daniels walk out the door while replacing them with what we have now..... I wouldn't have been happy.

We will see what he does this coming offseason. If it is more of the same then I hope he is out in a year or two.

I don’t understand why people wanted the team to tread water with Ryan Pace’s team.

He was honest from the get go that he wanted the team to get younger and build through the draft, yet some are surprised.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Mack was turned into Jaquan Brisker. Remains to be seen what Smith and Quinn are turned into.

Robinson has done jack schitt in LA. Hicks is hurt, again. Daniels is good but not like he was a total game changer. And his presence here likely would have prevented Jenkins from taking that position and looking like a potential pro bowler there.

Meanwhile, Poles made a savvy move to pick up Armon Watts off waivers, who's a better player than Akiem Hicks at this point, so he effectively did replace him. He also signed Justin Jones who's been a serviceable player, which is all Hicks is at this point even if he can stay on the field.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What has he done to make you trust him so much? Asking for a friend.
I wouldn’t say that he has my trust, but I appreciate that he is steadfast in his approach to the rebuild. He’s not all over the place. He showed that he was loading up on picks for next year, and with the 2 latest trades, it’s obvious that he is staying disciplined in his decisions.

I can respect that.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If you can’t trust your poles, what can you trust?!

36special

Liked Posts:
I don’t understand why people wanted the team to tread water with Ryan Pace’s team.

He was honest from the get go that he wanted the team to get younger and build through the draft, yet some are surprised.
In order for a buy in for the build younger and better you have to reward players. Poles has not shown he is willing to do that with both Roquan and Daniels... Roquan is a cornerstone type of player and should have been taken care of. James Daniels is a solid young OL who got a reasonable contract from another team.... The hole just got deeper is all I am saying. Poles is not building anything. He lost a bunch of talent from a team that lacks talent.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
In order for a buy in for the build younger and better you have to reward players. Poles has not shown he is willing to do that with both Roquan and Daniels... Roquan is a cornerstone type of player and should have been taken care of. James Daniels is a solid young OL who got a reasonable contract from another team.... The hole just got deeper is all I am saying. Poles is not building anything. He lost a bunch of talent from a team that lacks talent.
Not sure why you think Roquan is a cornerstone type player. Teams don’t build around linebackers unless they are a Parsons type talent.

Daniels didn’t even play a down for Poles, why would you think he is obligated to pay him?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t say that he has my trust, but I appreciate that he is steadfast in his approach to the rebuild. He’s not all over the place. He showed that he was loading up on picks for next year, and with the 2 latest trades, it’s obvious that he is staying disciplined in his decisions.

I can respect that.
This is where I’m at as well.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
What has he done to make you trust him so much? Asking for a friend.

I like his rebuild approach, increase cap space and acquire draft picks. I think that’s what everyone else likes, his approach. He will earn trust after he proves he can turn that cap space and those draft picks into a pool of talent.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles wants to put his stamp on this team, while building a contender. He can't do that from the deep hole the previous regime left him.
It's gonna suck for a while, but I'll wait to see what he does with the next off-season given he should be in a much better position to make his idea of improvements.