Why are the Bears so bad in the 1st quarter if our plays are scripted?

Southside

Liked Posts:
I was taught growing up that coaches script their first dozen plays EVERY game, so why are we always having 3-and-outs or cant move the ball to midfield in the first quarter? The Bears one of the worst first quarter teams I've EVER seen.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It’s completely opposite than last year. TRU and the offense would come out early in games and score because of the scripted plays.

This whole season is just ass backwards. Fucking nightmare!

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I've said it before and I'll say it again... its because of Nagys ego and stubbornness. The less Navy's fingerprints are all over the play calling, the more successful Trubisky is.

I'm not sure if there is tracked, but Trubisky almost has to be a top 5 quarterback within the 2 minute warning when hes running the hurry up offense.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I've said it before and I'll say it again... its because of Nagys ego and stubbornness. The less Navy's fingerprints are all over the play calling, the more successful Trubisky is.

I'm not sure if there is tracked, but Trubisky almost has to be a top 5 quarterback within the 2 minute warning when hes running the hurry up offense.

I keep reading this on here, but there’s no real validity to it. A lot of teams move the ball better in those 2 minute situations because the defense goes vanilla.

seems like a lot of scoring in football is done on the very first drive of each half and at the end of halves in two minute situations.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Because we're running a Brad Childress offense

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch damn near always misses the third down throw.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He has a 107 rating in the 3rd quarter this season, quarters 1, 2 & 4 not so much.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was taught growing up that coaches script their first dozen plays EVERY game, so why are we always having 3-and-outs or cant move the ball to midfield in the first quarter? The Bears one of the worst first quarter teams I've EVER seen.
Maybe because Tariq Cohen fair caught 2 punts at the 7 yard line?

He is the worse punt returner in the NFL

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
We have an offensive line that can’t run block, wide receivers who can’t catch, and a QB that is having a bird box inspired season.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe because Tariq Cohen fair caught 2 punts at the 7 yard line?

He is the worse punt returner in the NFL
Is there a thread not about Tarik Cohen that you aren't using to h8 on Tarik Cohen? Or did you get them all?

thanks.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there a thread not about Tarik Cohen that you aren't using to h8 on Tarik Cohen? Or did you get them all?

thanks.
I hope I got em all..If I missed one, please let me know

BTW..I hate Nagy just as bad

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
On a weird related side note: The Bears are beasts coming out of halftime. They've scored TDs on the last 5 games now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ever see a bad movie?