Why aren't our rb's used more as receivers?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why, between Monty, Herbert, Ebner and Blasingame, they can't combine for anywhere from 8-12 receptions a game- at the minimum. Is that too much to ask for?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This OC has somehow managed to put Kmet & Blasingame out wide in the 5 wide sets. Yes, you read that correctly

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Getsy's offense doesn't honestly look that different from Nagy's.

Run from shotgun on short yardage.

Revert to screen game when the run is working.

QB who can run but dithers with gaping holes in front of him.

Idk who doesn't understand this.... if they leave wide open 8-12 yard running lanes in front of you, you run.

And you just keep running until they chase you or you get a TD.

Instead our Offense has adopted this "Safer in the pocket protected by dipshits" philosophy.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because our tackles cannot win one on one consistently. I was asking myself the same question, for Montgomery anyway because I don't trust herbert's hands. Ebner is just a guy, I don't get the the hype with him. Anyway, yeah he (monty) is left in to protect a lot and leaks out occasionally.

Edit: they should be running hb screen until teams stop it, imo. They've executed that well the handful of times they have ran it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why, between Monty, Herbert, Ebner and Blasingame, they can't combine for anywhere from 8-12 receptions a game- at the minimum. Is that too much to ask for?
Pretty hard for them to combine for 8-12 receptions per game when the Bears only complete about 7 passes per game total.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Monty is open several times a game. When the defense has a QB spy Monty gets open underneath alot. Fields just never looks his way.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Because good RBs aren't worth drafting any more so we can put those picks on defense where it really matters. We're just waiting another 50 years for the rules to change back and we'll be ready to win.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Monty is open several times a game. When the defense has a QB spy Monty gets open underneath alot. Fields just never looks his way.
One week ago Monty lead the Bears in receiving and fans still bitched about how Fields didn’t see him on a play where he was his 5th progression. but hey, let’s bring in Jimmy G where all he does is look for the checkdown because he’s incapable of doing anything else. I’m sure that will work out great!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Because good RBs aren't worth drafting any more so we can put those picks on defense where it really matters. We're just waiting another 50 years for the rules to change back and we'll be ready to win.

they cycle is coming back now.. D's are challenging teams to run.. i said as much would happen years ago. to beat them to the punch.. anywho..

Bust

Liked Posts:
Monty was open several plays for huge gain6s . . .

#ohiostate