Why Bears won't draft a QB in 2020

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He doesn’t have the worst OL in football, not even close.

NYJ
Cle
Cin
Miami, starting J Webb Nation
AZ
Den
LAC
LAR
Was
NYG

All have worst OLs talent wise.
Pass protection, the Bears line is not that bad. Probably bottom half of the league but acceptable. Run game though they are absolutely horrible.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
They won't because Pace has so much on the line with Mitch.

My guess is we go

2. OT
2. TE

Double down on having more around him and him not looking like a bust.

True but regardless of if the bears bring in a vet or draft a QB those are still positions of need.... I’d love to see hurts fall to the bears but they still need an OT, a guard or a center, a second WR (assuming robinson stays), and they need a TE.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

NYJ
Cle
Cin
AZ
Den
LAC
LAR
Was
NYG

What about performance wise? Lmao you even prefaced your own statement.

it’s not an excuse for trubisky but the line sucks. Bring in Jalen hurts and the o line still sucks. You don’t switch your guard and center because of good play.

Draft a QB and the TE’s don’t magically become good. They suck regardless.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

NYJ
Cle
Cin
AZ
Den
LAC
LAR
Was
NYG

Seeing that I took that from another poster and only changed the Trubisky portion AND it does not say that he has the worst O line in football, what are you talking about?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I’m not defending Trubisky here but they’re all valid points. Take Trubisky out of the equation and you still have the aforementioned problems, with a gimmicky offensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach.

This is bigger than Trubisky, rotten from the head down.
Please notice the "Trubisky also ..." part. That says that there are all of these horrible things happening with the offense and then you add Trubisky not playing well either.

To make things clear, get Belichick and let him choose his offensive coordinator plus his starting 5 offensive linemen from any place on any roster in the NFL, etc.

Trubisky is STILL going to have some major problems.

No one gets a free pass on what is happening with the Bears' offense. Not Trubisky, nor Nagy, nor the offensive coordinator, nor the offensive line coach, not the offensive linemen, nor the TEs, nor the QB coach, nor the TE coach, nor the WR coach, nor most of the receivers (Robinson is the only one with a chance of getting a pass and he might not either), nor the running backs as runners, receivers or blockers.

Take any one of the ones mentioned above, have them improve and the offense becomes a little bit better. I understand that with Nagy getting his play calling out of his ass, with the offensive line blocking better and at least trying to sell the play-action run, the offense can improve a ton. So too can it improve a ton with Trubisky not playing scared or over and under throwing his receivers.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Please notice the "Trubisky also ..." part. That says that there are all of these horrible things happening with the offense and then you add Trubisky not playing well either.

To make things clear, get Belichick and let him choose his offensive coordinator plus his starting 5 offensive linemen from any place on any roster in the NFL, etc.

Trubisky is STILL going to have some major problems.

No one gets a free pass on what is happening with the Bears' offense. Not Trubisky, nor Nagy, nor the offensive coordinator, nor the offensive line coach, not the offensive linemen, nor the TEs, nor the QB coach, nor the TE coach, nor the WR coach, nor most of the receivers (Robinson is the only one with a chance of getting a pass and he might not either), nor the running backs as runners, receivers or blockers.

Take any one of the ones mentioned above, have them improve and the offense becomes a little bit better. I understand that with Nagy getting his play calling out of his ass, with the offensive line blocking better and at least trying to sell the play-action run, the offense can improve a ton. So too can it improve a ton with Trubisky not playing scared or over and under throwing his receivers.
Perhaps he would struggle despite having an actual coach or an o-line, but we don’t know because the guy has never mastered the basics because of Naggy obsessing over gimmick & gadget football.

Defensive coordinators must have been laughing the entire off season about this Bears offense, Trubisky included, but give us Tom Brady, this o-line & coach end his career. If we’re playing hypothetical games.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Sadly knowing the bears they’ll wait until Mitch plays like a complete dumpster fire next year to get rid of him =\

And any resemblance of a good qb this year is ‘hope’

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was actually pretty close to being right with what he said.

See below.

Totally disagree. He is in the most fkd position of all qbs. No oline bad coach no te no run game wrs leading the league in drops. Trubs also has very little talent and is too scared to go through progressions or use his legs.

I don't buy these excuses. Minus Howard it's the same offense as last year when the CCS homers were calling the Bears the most talented team in the league and Nagy was COTY. Trubisky's deficiencies were masked by 36 short fields and the easiest schedule in the league.

This year he's even worse and is bringing everyone around him down and suckling the life out of everything. Even the defense seems to be half hearted because they know their efforts are wasted. He's awful even with clean pockets. A competent QB would rejuvenate this whole team.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't buy these excuses. Minus Howard it's the same offense as last year when the CCS homers were calling the Bears the most talented team in the league and Nagy was COTY. Trubisky's deficiencies were masked by 36 short fields and the easiest schedule in the league.

This year he's even worse and is bringing everyone around him down and suckling the life out of everything. Even the defense seems to be half hearted because they know their efforts are wasted. He's awful even with clean pockets. A competent QB would rejuvenate this whole team.

Not to mention, multiple analysts pointed to his Bortles like tendencies last year. Of course, you, myself, and @PrideisBears #calledit and were completely lambasted by all the CCS fanbois.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t it be nice if Trubisky shut most of us up for the week and went out and flame throwed the Rams.

Won’t happen, but it would be fun.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wouldn’t it be nice if Trubisky shut most of us up for the week and went out and flame throwed the Rams.

Won’t happen, but it would be fun.

At least the Bears don't have Goff. Imagine playing as bad as Trubisky but with a huge contract.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At least the Bears don't have Goff. Imagine playing as bad as Trubisky but with a huge contract.

And the whole team will suffer for it. No other position in sports can single handedly influence a team like a QB. Even starting pitchers have a five man rotation so if someone ends up sucking balls it can be overcome. Bad QB play brings whole teams to their knees.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Dude, they are not excuses. I AM saying that Trubisky sucks. I am also saying that the coaching and the offensive line suck too.

The suckiness does not have to be exclusively Trubisky. There is enough suckiness to go around.

Please explain what Trubisky's suckiness has to do with offensive linemen crappy blocking? Please explain what Trubisky's suckiness has to do with receivers running routes where they end up less than 1 yard away from each other, quite often running into each other. Explain what Trubisky's suckiness has to do with the offensive line being taught to immediately go into pass blocking when they are trying to run a play-action play. Please explain how Trubisky's suckiness has caused Nagy to force Trubisky to be a pocket passer when that was never his best asset. Please explain what Trubisky's suckiness has to do with the receivers dropping lots of the rare passes that are right on target. Please explain what Trubisky's suckiness has to do with how the team seems to be so much more undisciplined, getting a ton of stupid penalties even before the ball is snapped.

We all know that you and Halftime have been hating Trubisky since last year. Finally, when people are starting to get on your "Trubisky Sucks" bandwagon, you are deciding that you want your exclusive "Trubisky, and only Trubisky, Sucks" bandwagon ... and you are just plain wrong. Everyone involved in the offense sucks, Trubisky might be the top in the suckiness department, but he is far from being alone.

I have to agree that the defense can easily be brought down to not caring because of the offense.

I am just saying that Trubisky is a major part of the problem, but there are coaching and offensive line problems that are huge contributors to the Bears crappy play this year.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
Everyone said Lamar Jackson was terrible last year, sometimes a young QB can turn it around. His s accuracy is what worries me the most idk If that can be fixed or not at this point.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don’t think a 2nd round pick switches the focus.

I think it puts a spotlight on Mitch’s failure and the fact that his GM is giving up on him.

His entire job security would be tied to whatever QB falls to round 2.
If a draft QB is starting the 2020 season... that switches the focus of Pace's choice of QB to the draft QB playing the game.

His "entire job security would be tied to whatever" he decides to do about QB. If Pace buys a FA QB, especially a big contract, he's tied to the success of that QB choice. He has to decided which of the two options has the best chance of winning games.

And so a 2nd round QB, or maybe even a trade up into the bottom of the 1st... might be better than the specifically named FA QBs on the board? We'll see... but in either case, he's tied to it, FA or draft.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Idc what anyone ranks the OL. They are garbage. And Mitch isn't good. Idc whose to blame for either it is what it is. With no 1st, I'd draft all the OL talent I can get. Bring in any and everyone I can to compete with Mitch (including Kaep).