Why Bears won't draft a QB in 2020

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It would take a Herculean effort for Trubisky to work his way up to the middle of the pack by season's end.

You ever watch The Mighty Hercules cartoon as a kid? Mitch reminds me more of the boy centaur Newton.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Everyone's fault but the QB.
Never said that. There are too many things wrong with this offense too know what Trubs really is. My thought is he could be a good qb and we would not know with all the other stuff going on.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s too early to tell if we draft a qb. It just doesn’t look likely at this time without a first round pick.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
Never said that. There are too many things wrong with this offense too know what Trubs really is. My thought is he could be a good qb and we would not know with all the other stuff going on.
his mechanics are shit he cant hit wide open out routes and he has a terrible feel for the pocket so he takes Special person sacks......none of those things are on anyone but him

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No way. Trubisky will either be competing with a high draft pick/fa or he will be cut. Barring a 180 on his play the rest of the season, his days or being handed anything are done. He's one of the worst rostered quarterbacks in the NFL.

Pace has too much tied up in 10.

Campbell and Weiderer both agreed on their podcast after doing their major piece that the Bears were going to be patient with Trubisky and Pace.

“All QBs are on their own path” was the quote.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that depends on how well Mitch does the rest of the year. And how much Pace likes the QB options in 2020 draft. Expectations on Bears success now is high. There's pressure on Pace. Drafting a new QB also means the focus switches from Pace's failed Mitch pick, to looking at the new QB pick. You don't have to pay a draft QB big bucks. Gives the Bears options at QB. See if Trub takes a big step out the gate in 2020, or play the new QB. Pace gets to see who their QB is going to be by the end of Mitch's contract. That's where you want to be.

I don’t think a 2nd round pick switches the focus.

I think it puts a spotlight on Mitch’s failure and the fact that his GM is giving up on him.

His entire job security would be tied to whatever QB falls to round 2.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
his mechanics are shit he cant hit wide open out routes and he has a terrible feel for the pocket so he takes Special person sacks......none of those things are on anyone but him
Disagree. His mechanics are fine when he gets a pocket. He hits WRs in tight windows all the time. He has a few bad throws here and there and that gets blown out of proportion by meatball haters. You are welcome to your opinion but I disagree.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

With a clean pocket he regularly misses easy throws to wide open receivers. He's awful. Stop kidding yourself.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
forget a QB all we need is a real RB, Oline, Defense and a kicker like this

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think the draft plans will have anything to do with Mitch’s play this season, because he has been painful.

Pace has a huge amount of Juan job security tied to him.

His money is guaranteed and they don’t have a ton of cap room.

A 2nd round QB probably has little impact on 2020. A 2nd round CB, OT probably starts and impacts being good in 2020.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I think we are all ready for the January Pace press conference...

- Mitch needs to get better
- But the whole offense needs to improve
- Hell, I need to improve as a GM
- We're fired up for next season

I'm so bored of the situation. The season is over, the offensive personnel are bad, Trubisky is trending towards bust and was a huge blown evaluation even if he turns it around and becomes a borderline starter.

No-one will be held accountable that matters. We will still have players like Burton and Massie on the team next year. We don't even really have the draft to get excited about.

All I have left is to laugh at dumb shit like Garrett Brownsing up a victory in the dumbest possible way. And hoping for a Packers one and done.

I give the 2019 season one and a half out of ten.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
There has been a shortage in good QB's in the NFL as of late and the teams that desperately need QB's is probably bigger than any period in NFL history. Bears stand a very low chance at getting a Qb in the next two years unless we draft top 3 in 2021.

Dolphins, Bengals, Buccaneers, Redskins, Jets, Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, Titans, and possibly Jaguars, Colts, and Patriots.

Let's examine these a little closer.

Dolphins. Definitely in the market to draft a QB.
Bengals. Also all in to draft a QB.

Redskins. Just spent a 1 on Haskins. They aren't going QB after the owners hand picked choice hasn't had a full year and they'll get him a new coach. They are NOT in the QB market in 2020.

Jets. They are still completely committed to Darnold. They are NOT in the QB market in 2020.

Broncos. You'd like to think the Broncos would be in...but you have to consider a few things. They traded up in the 2nd round last year to get Drew Lock. He hasn't played yet so he still has "potential". Vic Fangio....who is old. and old school, and in year 1 of the only HC job he'll ever have....isn't interested in going QB in round 1 in 2020. Furthermore...if you decide you need a QB in 2020 in Denver, that means Fangio isn't your coach. They'll get a coach who is equipped to develop a QB, and that coach would have input on who that QB is. They are content to play out the rest of this year and see what Lock can do in 2020, "when he is ready". Also. Elway has gone through 3 coaches in 4 years...they really don't want to be hiring a 4th HC in 5 years. They are NOT in the QB market in 2020.

Chargers. Rivers is in the twilight of his career.....but he's still got gas in the tank and the won't be picking high enough to get someone they'd want in 2020. They'll roll with Rivers for now. NOT in the QB market in 2020.

Steelers. Big Ben is getting up there in years...but he'll be back and has plenty of gas in the tank. Enough left that they don't need to invest a high pick in his replacement soon. NOT in the QB market in 2020.

Titans. Unless Tannehill guides them to the playoffs...they are in.

Jags. Foles under contract a while longer, and they have Minshew to fall back on. they are NOT in the QB market in 2020.

Colts. They very much like Brissett. They are NOT in the market in 2020.

That means you have 3 teams who are in. Burrow, Tua, Fromm (I don't like Fromm) Herbert? If the Bears wanted to go QB, there will be one graded as a round 1 prospect available that they'd be able to obtain if they wanted to.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Holy fuck It's Cutler all over again (minus the talent) ?
He was actually pretty close to being right with what he said.

See below.

Totally disagree. He is in the most fkd position of all qbs. No oline bad coach no te no run game wrs leading the league in drops. Trubs also has very little talent and is too scared to go through progressions or use his legs.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pace has too much tied up in 10.

Campbell and Weiderer both agreed on their podcast after doing their major piece that the Bears were going to be patient with Trubisky and Pace.

“All QBs are on their own path” was the quote.

Cardinals moved on from Josh Rosen after one season and drafted Kyler Murray the next year and I'm pretty sure they've had the same GM.

Why can they draft a QB but not us?

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

See below.

Totally disagree. He is in the most fkd position of all qbs. No oline bad coach no te no run game wrs leading the league in drops. Trubs also has very little talent and is too scared to go through progressions or use his legs.
I’m not defending Trubisky here but they’re all valid points. Take Trubisky out of the equation and you still have the aforementioned problems, with a gimmicky offensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach.

This is bigger than Trubisky, rotten from the head down.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cardinals moved on from Josh Rosen after one season and drafted Kyler Murray the next year and I'm pretty sure they've had the same GM.

Why can they draft a QB but not us?

They hired a new coach that runs the Air Raid. Rosen ran a drop back, pro style system at UCLA.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think we are all ready for the January Pace press conference...

- Mitch needs to get better
- But the whole offense needs to improve
- Hell, I need to improve as a GM
- We're fired up for next season

I'm so bored of the situation. The season is over, the offensive personnel are bad, Trubisky is trending towards bust and was a huge blown evaluation even if he turns it around and becomes a borderline starter.

No-one will be held accountable that matters. We will still have players like Burton and Massie on the team next year. We don't even really have the draft to get excited about.

All I have left is to laugh at dumb shit like Garrett Brownsing up a victory in the dumbest possible way. And hoping for a Packers one and done.

I give the 2019 season one and a half out of ten.

We have literally see the exact end of season press conference multiple times before.

The last 3-4 years of Lovie and Angelo.

“We are pissed, things need to get better, but nothing will change.”

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

See below.

He doesn’t have the worst OL in football, not even close.

NYJ
Cle
Cin
Miami, starting J Webb Nation
AZ
Den
LAC
LAR
Was
NYG

All have worst OLs talent wise.