Why do most Bears fans seem to be more optimistic right now than a year ago?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Yes, the offense got a lot better. But the team got worse in the other 2 phases of the game. Their record was also worse as well. I'm not arguing either way, just curious.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
See, I don't know if the defense is quite the mountain of rebuilding that some claim it to be.

Season Stats

In 3 of the first 6 games, the Bears defense actually held its opponents under 100 yards rushing. They forced 17 turnovers.

Then you had the simultaneous injuries to Briggs and Tillman, and everything started rolling downhill. It snowballed week after week, getting worse and worse.

But I still believe that defense that played, at least, average in the first 6 games isn't attainable for 2014. They can get to that level again. It's just going to take some smart moves by Emery and Co.

That's why I'm so optimistic.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you didnt see the D collapse coming 3 years out, than there is nothing further to talk about.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's blind faith. Everyone loves Trestman. OMG he uses math! (lol, they are so giddy few even bother to pay enough attention to see that he uses it wrong).

Please, eveyone loved Cutler too. Bearmick was his biggest fan when Cutler first came to the Bears.

Things will change and rest assured, your board negativity will be in full force again.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why do people forget the Special teams was not overal good in 2012... Is it mass Toub hysteria?

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

GoBears

Liked Posts:
We have a damned good offense and we know what it takes to have at least a serviceable defense. Things are looking good in Chicago.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
if jay can stay healthy and take care of the ball this offense could be explosive. imo this is a superbowl caliber offense with the one ? being jay. the defense and special teams are the problem. if those can be top 15 in the league we could be really rreally good next year.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better coach, at least recognizes that abeam needs an offense. Better GM. A GM that actually fixes things; offensive line, WR & TE, signed RB to long term deal. And now, a long term QB... Added the last one just to piss people off...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's blind faith. Everyone loves Trestman. OMG he uses math! (lol, they are so giddy few even bother to pay enough attention to see that he uses it wrong).

Please, eveyone loved Cutler too. Bearmick was his biggest fan when Cutler first came to the Bears.

Things will change and rest assured, your board negativity will be in full force again.

We're dealing with professional sports teams that none of us have any personal interaction with. Isn't it always blind faith?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk if this is true or not, but it seems like a defense can be turned around quicker than an offense. Also we are only a punter away from improving on st.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If you didnt see the D collapse coming 3 years out, than there is nothing further to talk about.

I think most people saw it coming but I think it's downfall was sped up due to the injuries suffered this season and the unexpected regression of Conte and Wright.

msadows

Liked Posts:
we still have a decent amount of cap room and we have the 14th pick to take either the best mlb, s, or cb. I think we will be fine

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think you can patch up enough defensive holes in one offseason to have this team be a solid playoff team in 2014. One more offseason of patching and we could be talking about something really special in 2015.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

It wasnt inevitable in 2011 that the Bears would have a shitty DC, miss on every defensive draft pick, have Melton/Tillman/Briggs all miss half the season, or have Urlachers career cut short by injuries. You can't accurately predict anything in the NFL from three years out.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think most people saw it coming but I think it's downfall was sped up due to the injuries suffered this season and the unexpected regression of Conte and Wright.

Yeah. Point being, this whole team was in a talent hole 10 years deep. When you look at what Emery has accomplished in 2 offseasons and Trest in 1... well, why wouldn't you feel some excitement and confidence about their ability to dig outta that hole.

MacBear

Liked Posts:
the is an offense-oriented league and we have the 2nd ranked offense. an average defense makes this team a superbowl contender.

we have a lot of cap and an early pick that will all be geared towards inproving the defense. it will be a huge test for emery, but if he succeeds, the bears could be dangerous.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yes, the offense got a lot better. But the team got worse in the other 2 phases of the game. Their record was also worse as well. I'm not arguing either way, just curious.

No Lovie?

Liked Posts:
A general manager that addresses the teams needs. A powerful offense. Lots of cap room. A draft where we know exactly what we need. It's an exciting time to be a Bears fan. They're geared up for a 3-5 year run if they can just put together a decent run defense that gets pressure on the quarterback. If we can hold teams to 20 points a game, we have a good chance of winning the game. We haven't had that in a long time.