flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
was watching the Eagles playoffs and Superbowl win I noticed a few things, Nick has some mobility to buy time in the pocket and not a statue, he thows the ball out of bounds instead of taking sacks, he has a really sweet spirol on his passes and almost always led his recievers so they had a good chance of gaining yards afer the catch, he stood tall in the pocket under pressure and wasn't afraid of taking a hit to complete his passes, his feet were calm unlike trubiscits feet that were all over the place ,he read the defence well and was very good with the RPO game, thoughts anyone? Who you got and why, Mitch vs Foles

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If you were watching the Eagles playoff run then I hope you appreciated the play from arguably the best OL in the game. He will not have that luxury in Chicago....

That being said - Foles 100% must start the year in order for the Bears to have any semblance of a functioning team this year. If Mitch starts and he has even a bad quarter or a bad half the team is going to implode and be calling for Foles .... Foles must start and be allowed to fail or get killed behind the OL. I don't see any other way the Bears succeed unless Mitch comes out guns a blazin.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
one thing about Mitch that drives me crazy is his taking sacks when he could have just thrown it out of bounds, but your right about the offensive line play and Mitch has crazy feet when under pressure. I started this post to have a football conversation which is lacking here sometimes, damn I miss football. I never realized how much man to man coverage the Pats play with corners right up on the line of scrimage

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Bears have an easy schedule out of the blocks "on paper". They need to be 4-2 minimum to start the year to have a realistic shot at the post and to build team confidence.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles will be surprisingly good on our offense. My biggest concern is Nagy, not the offensive line. I could see Nagy still being boneheaded about mixing up the run and forcing Foles to throw most of the time. I could see the "opposite of John Fox" where defenses just sit back in coverage, and Foles has to throw it out of bounds a lot. We still need someone besides AR to step up. Either AntMill or Kmet. I don't see anything special happening with Ginn or Graham.

My guess is Nagy gets exposed mightily as being a fraud. I just got that feeling.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
was watching the Eagles playoffs and Superbowl win I noticed a few things, Nick has some mobility to buy time in the pocket and not a statue, he thows the ball out of bounds instead of taking sacks, he has a really sweet spirol on his passes and almost always led his recievers so they had a good chance of gaining yards afer the catch, he stood tall in the pocket under pressure and wasn't afraid of taking a hit to complete his passes, his feet were calm unlike trubiscits feet that were all over the place ,he read the defence well and was very good with the RPO game, thoughts anyone? Who you got and why, Mitch vs Foles
Foles wont be starting soz

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitchell is the starter, Nick will get slaughter over and over again behind an unknown offensive line. can't go looking at a different tape that gives Nick 10 seconds to throw the ball compared to bears 3 seconds and hoping that it'll be the same elsewheres..just wait til we all watch BRADY AND ARIAN'S offense..Tom Brady is gonna be looking at a lot different. same thing for Cam and Belichick (ex. belichick to Garoppolo to Shanahan)..Teddy and whatshisface in Carolina...can't wait.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's Mitch's job to lose but he's going to have very short leash if he struggles out of the gates early

This. I fully expect mitch to start because he's the one who is more familiar with this team and has been working with the offensive personnel all offseason.

I also fully expect mitch to shit the bed by week 4 and foles to start the rest of the season....well, until he sucks balls due to lack of run game and pass pro, around week 12, and we put mitch back in.

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
I’ll take Trubisky because our franchise would be in better hands if things click for him and he’s able to put everything together and be the player we deserve. You gotta love the person and he’s easy to root for. I just really hope in five years we’re looking back and laughing about how we doubted him. All that and I don’t want to retire another jersey in the closet of shame (unfortunately there are quite a few jerseys that are taking up space: Enis, Jeffery, Grossman, Salamm, Terrell, Cutler, McNown, and quite a bit more)!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch starts the season. Probably gets pulled early unless he does well. I hope he plays lights out but hold little hope of that anymore.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Who knows exactly what’s going on right now inside the coaches’ heads on Mitch vs. Foles.

But I do think the people assuming Trubisky has an advantage because of the abbreviated offseason may not be taking into consideration that every new offensive coach on staff has worked with Foles, trusts him, and likes him. That might end up being an important factor.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Where does all this new found Mitch optimism come from?

Also if Foles can't succeed behind the o-line despite being the much better passer of the two there's no way Mitch will thrive.

Some people are in for a shock at how much better the line will look with respectable passer who can at least keep defenses honest. Same goes for the run game as well.