msadows

Liked Posts:
What you also should have noticed about his Philly tape

LT-HOF
C-HOF
RG-All Pro
RT-All Pro
TE-All Pro

Truthfully the only chance this team has is if mitch somehow figures it out this season.

Not very likely, but I'm sure the coaches know that too. If it looks even in camp mitch is the obvious guy with more upside. I just doubt it will look even.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

LT-HOF
C-HOF
RG-All Pro
RT-All Pro
TE-All Pro

but they dont throw the ball or read defenses. I mean you can either do it or you cant and while a good Oline gives you more opportunities to do those things they are not the ones that give you the skills to do those things successfully.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point, with no open practice sessions and no preseason... Flip a coin.

dag54

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears are lying when they say it'll be a "competition". I think they've known all along that Foles was going to start regardless of what Trubisky did in the offseason and in training camp. The coaches don't trust Mitch. I think Nagy's had it with Mitch. jmo.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
5f2935f758c24d3a4d241ce2
What's that a picture of? looks like an intriguing interview.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears are lying when they say it'll be a "competition". I think they've known all along that Foles was going to start regardless of what Trubisky did in the offseason and in training camp. The coaches don't trust Mitch. I think Nagy's had it with Mitch. jmo.
I disagree. I think they're begging for one of these guys to play much better than their last 4 outings. If they see it, they'll tap it. I don't see how Pace/Nagy loses by starting the better QB... can you?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

LT-HOF
C-HOF
RG-All Pro
RT-All Pro
TE-All Pro
So you are saying Foles makes the people around him better? .......

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t buy that the Bears are automatically rooting for Trubisky to win the competition. They have more money and years wrapped up in Foles into the future than they do Trubisky.

It’s probably actually in the Bears’ best interest for Foles to win the job, unless Mitch just blows the doors off and looks like a guy you can win because of for the next decade-plus. But I think we all know the chances of that are slim....very slim.

msadows

Liked Posts:
but they dont throw the ball or read defenses. I mean you can either do it or you cant and while a good Oline gives you more opportunities to do those things they are not the ones that give you the skills to do those things successfully.

These are all nfl qb's for a reason.

Even journeymen can look decent if put in good situations.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think people will be shocked to see what this offense can do under a decently competent quarterback.

“Holy shit. **That’s** what that play is supposed to look like.”

I think people will be shocked to see what this offense can do under a decently competent offensive line.

Maybe that will happen in 2024 or some shit....

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed. The closed off nature of this season will only aid Nagy and CO with making Foles the starter. I believe his comments about Kmet and the playbook this week speak to Trubisky's situation.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people will be shocked to see what this offense can do under a decently competent quarterback.

“Holy shit. **That’s** what that play is supposed to look like.”

I bash Nagy plenty and he deserves it. From his clock management to his decision making and play-calling at times. But I'll be goddamned if there weren't WIDE OPEN WR's the likes these eyes have never seen watching the beloved over the past two years. Especially in '19.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
What's that a picture of? looks like an intriguing interview.
That's the look I give the Mrs. when she puts me in check and I didn't see it coming.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
This. I fully expect mitch to start because he's the one who is more familiar with this team and has been working with the offensive personnel all offseason.

I also fully expect mitch to shit the bed by week 4 and foles to start the rest of the season....well, until he sucks balls due to lack of run game and pass pro, around week 12, and we put mitch back in.
Thats exactly what i see happening.