Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cam will cost draft picks, 20 million, and he has had 2 major injuries in the last 2 season.

Kaep is cheaper, cost nothing to sign, and is healthy.
You are basing this on what?
Kaepernick asked for $20M+/Yr to play in the fucking AAF. More than 250x what his teammates would have be making.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Weird how arguably his two best years aren’t included. One where he startS 7 games, won 5 and played well enough in the playoffs to almost win a SB.
His career numbers are worse than Trubisky and his most recent 2 seasons were shit. And if you want to base things on team acheivments then Mitch was 10-4 last season and is 4-4 this one. You know... if you want to be honest

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
His career numbers are worse than Trubisky and his most recent 2 seasons were shit. And if you want to base things on team acheivments then Mitch was 10-4 last season and is 4-4 this one. You know... if you want to be honest
Crediting Mitch with the Viking win hahahaha. If by honest you mean using a bs start to credit Mitch with something he contributed nothing towards, then thanks for being honest.

Kaep has a better TD and INT %. Better passer rating and YPA. He has led his teams to playoff wins and isn’t a complete moron

anybody who has watched both of these QBs in their entirety knows Kaep is better. Look at his first start vs the Bears which they threw every formation in the book vs the Bears and he ran it flawlessly. Mitch shits his pants handing the ball off.

Mitch has played 20 good minutes of football all season. Most of his TD production is on short fields and 2 of them the coach won’t even count. You literally can only go up from Mitch. Kaep is a better QB and more accomplished. Unfortunately he’ll never get to prove it because the NFL has to cater to redneck USA.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
What possible harm could there be in working him out? If there's an affordable option the Bears don't at least kick the tires on Pace should be flogged.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What possible harm could there be in working him out? If there's an affordable option the Bears don't at least kick the tires on Pace should be flogged.
As you can see, boomer USA is already upset at the mere thought of Kaep. And of course Mitch’s fragility.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaep was good. Harbaugh knew how to exploit his strengths. After multiple surgeries he lost muscle mass AND speed. He no longer succeeded even for Harbaugh, multiple other coaches failed miserably with him. He lost his job to Blaine Gabbert and was promptly outplayed.

I think he deserves a shot to be a back-up and his ideal would be Baltimore for many reasons.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I’d give Kap a shot in a heartbeat...
worst case you have an athletic back up.
The guy made a point he believed in and stood his ground... kinda what freedom is about. People need to let that shit go...

I hope he does well, finds a team and kicks ass.

Anyone who wanted Kareem Hunt but not Kaep makes no sense to me.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
Nobody is signing che. This is a gimmick pr move by the nfl. The dumbass team that signs him would never be able to get rid of the guy or 'racism'.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
As you can see, boomer USA is already upset at the mere thought of Kaep. And of course Mitch’s fragility.
What's with you people and boomer? Only the dim witted would find that clever. Dont you have your own neighborhoods to terrorize?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Crediting Mitch with the Viking win hahahaha. If by honest you mean using a bs start to credit Mitch with something he contributed nothing towards, then thanks for being honest.

Kaep has a better TD and INT %. Better passer rating and YPA. He has led his teams to playoff wins and isn’t a complete moron

anybody who has watched both of these QBs in their entirety knows Kaep is better. Look at his first start vs the Bears which they threw every formation in the book vs the Bears and he ran it flawlessly. Mitch shits his pants handing the ball off.

Mitch has played 20 good minutes of football all season. Most of his TD production is on short fields and 2 of them the coach won’t even count. You literally can only go up from Mitch. Kaep is a better QB and more accomplished. Unfortunately he’ll never get to prove it because the NFL has to cater to redneck USA.

You had such a great post until you said this at the end. The league has tried for years now to get the younger hip basketball market to watch. Just listen to the hip hop and pop music they put out for the halftime superbowl shows and now the MNF games. Then compare it to the music from the 90s and 2000s. Redneck USA loves Country music. They did in the 90s and they do now.

The league is all about making the most amount of money possible. And that means catering to all demographics as equally as possible and trying to minimally offend anyone.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch will get injured. Special person can't even fall down without hurting himself. Guarantee you if Colin came in it would boost the morale of the team a fuck ton. A lot more than Chase or some other poor fuck.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kaep was good. Harbaugh knew how to exploit his strengths. After multiple surgeries he lost muscle mass AND speed. He no longer succeeded even for Harbaugh, multiple other coaches failed miserably with him. He lost his job to Blaine Gabbert and was promptly outplayed.

I think he deserves a shot to be a back-up and his ideal would be Baltimore for many reasons.

Kelly sat him bcuz of injury. Baltimore has RG3.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well...what if during that narrative of decline the guy lost 25 lbs of muscle and stopped working hard, lost his teammates respect and the physical ability to win on the football field?

When are we allowed to doubt him or we aren't because he protested outside the lines of football?

He had one chance left and he wasted it on distractions.
And that is EXACTLY why you need to kick the tires.

How is he physically? Mentally? Does he look like he can still run? Does he miss wide open receivers by country miles?

I am not saying that the Bears should sign him. What I am saying is that the Bears need to prove or disprove those "what ifs" that you mentioned.

To answer your question, you are allowed to doubt him when you go to the damn try out and actually see things to doubt.

I can always go the opposite way: what if he has been training 12 hours a day for the past 1000 days or so and can run a 4.24 40, can bench press 500 pounds, is a solid 250 pounds, can be an all-pro player as a running back, receiver and linebacker, has been working with QB gurus for the past 3 years and practices his accuracy by throwing footballs into Lamborghinis going 100+ miles per hour and he hasn't missed an open window in the past year.

Perhaps, he has been practicing the play-action, screen-action hail Mary where he throws the ball up at an extremely high arc and then proceeds to run under the ball, perfect because the defense is busy defending the run and the screen and there is nobody there to defend him as he runs from the pocket to the endzone uncovered.

That can be dispelled by ... going to the damn tryout.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So, are you saying teams shouldn't even kick the tires? A GM's job is to make the team better. Why wouldn't after an injury or identifying a QB weakness in training camp at least fly him in for a tryout?

Kaep is 32 years old. That's no spring chicken, but going into the start of this season it's younger than 10 of the season starting QBs (Brady, Fitz, Ben, Dalton, Rivers, Flacco, Eli, Rodgers, Brees & Ryan).

If the GM of a team who needed a QB was a doctor not bringing in Kaep would be cause for a malpractice lawsuit. It's like your patient saying their chest feels tight and have pain in their shoulders/neck and your refuse to send him to the ER to see a cardiologist. He's getting black balled, period. I'm not debating if he 'deserves' to be black balled or not, because that branches into your thoughts on racial tensions, patriotism and just rules in general, which I have no interest in discussing.

Teams are going out of their way not to give him a chance to work.
It isn't even if Kaep is better than Trubisky, it is if Kaep is better than Daniel.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick fucked some teams up at his height. I still find it baffling that he's a heat magnet cause of a silent peaceful protest. proves that rednecks have nothing else better to do with their lives than to manufacture controversies and be whiny cunts about everything imaginable. just for the record, actual veterans have stated that they fought for Kaepernick's right to do that... everyone else needs to sit down and shut the fuck up already.

that said, he was kind of the prototype of what Trubisky used to be, albeit with a better arm. I appreciate him and Harbaugh shitting on the Packers heads for a few years. you can call Harbaugh an obnoxious meatball dickhead, his offense at least worked.