Why I don’t want Colin

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You had such a great post until you said this at the end. The league has tried for years now to get the younger hip basketball market to watch. Just listen to the hip hop and pop music they put out for the halftime superbowl shows and now the MNF games. Then compare it to the music from the 90s and 2000s. Redneck USA loves Country music. They did in the 90s and they do now.

The league is all about making the most amount of money possible. And that means catering to all demographics as equally as possible and trying to minimally offend anyone.
Halftime music isn’t going to drive away consumers. Ignorant white outrage of a black man kneeling during the national anthem during a time when ratings dipped is why Kaep will never play in the NFL again.

How many people do you know stopped watching football because they played Black Eyed Peas instead of Cat Scratch Fever?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Halftime music isn’t going to drive away consumers. Ignorant white outrage of a black man kneeling during the national anthem during a time when ratings dipped is why Kaep will never play in the NFL again.

How many people do you know stopped watching football because they played Black Eyed Peas instead of Cat Scratch Fever?

the bears were so bad that year so I can’t lie when Sunday ticket gave the option for a refund if I was offended by the kneeling I took advantage and got my money back lol lol

I hated the kneeling but that didn’t stop me from watching. Bears being perennial losers does a better job of keeping us fans away

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why aren’t you including rushing yards though?

Why aren’t you including QBR?

Why aren’t you including his playoff stats? Kap did take his team to 3 NFC championships games and 1 Super Bowl you know. 2 of my favorites performance of his were against the packers too.

San Fran vs Green Bay
45-31
17-31 245 yards passing 2tds
16 carries 182 yards 2 tds

QBR 91

San Fran vs Packers

23-20
Cap 16-30 270 yards passing 1td
Rushing 8 carries 98 yards

QBR 87

Kap is absolutely Clutch in big moments and had a lot of good playoffs games an success

You keep assuming he's going to have the same athleticism at 32 after being out of football for three years. Even then, he was a low quality starter/high quality backup at best, which is why he wasn't signed. If he was a legit MVP candidate in 2016, there is no way teams would've blackballed him the way they did. But not only is he a walking controversy, he wanted too much money and was going to be a backup. I don't think he'd be an upgrade from Mitch, quite honestly. Not a significant enough one to make a difference anyway.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick fucked some teams up at his height. I still find it baffling that he's a heat magnet cause of a silent peaceful protest. proves that rednecks have nothing else better to do with their lives than to manufacture controversies and be whiny cunts about everything imaginable. just for the record, actual veterans have stated that they fought for Kaepernick's right to do that... everyone else needs to sit down and shut the fuck up already.

that said, he was kind of the prototype of what Trubisky used to be, albeit with a better arm. I appreciate him and Harbaugh shitting on the Packers heads for a few years. you can call Harbaugh an obnoxious meatball dickhead, his offense at least worked.
Ok first I find the whole “several vets back him” argument to be shitty. Lots don’t, so that has zero meaning to me.
second, I had zero issue with his protest, and knowing several cops well, they all said that as long as it got bad cops off the streets and didn’t make all cops targets, they were all for it.
third, I LOVED him for shitting on the Packers regularly.
fourth: his wearing pig socks was a bitch move that tainted his protest. Also wearing a Che shirt and claiming that Cuba treated its citizens better than the US just proved his ignorance and that he was likely being led around by someone, probably his chick.
In the end I don’t think he helps the Bears, but if he does I’m all for it. The Bears winning is all I care about.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Sign me up for 2016 when he was coached by one and done Kelly.

Record is an idiotic way to judge QBs. Mitch was a 12-4 QB at one point.

A 12-4 quarterback that put his team in position to win in the postseason after the "vaunted defense" shit the bed and let Philly score with under 2 minutes remaining. The assist goes to Parkey on blowing it though.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
So it turns out less than 1/2 the teams showed and the tryout was all a ploy to get him to sign a waiver that he won't sue them again.

It appears the NFL forgot to include future non-employment in the settlement, so of course he's going to sue again.

Why doesn't the NFL just let their teams sign him? That would make this go away.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So it turns out less than 1/2 the teams showed and the tryout was all a ploy to get him to sign a waiver that he won't sue them again.

It appears the NFL forgot to include future non-employment in the settlement, so of course he's going to sue again.

Why doesn't the NFL just let their teams sign him? That would make this go away.
What happens if the NFL tells a team not to sign him and they do anyway? What are they gonna do, tell all the officials to call BS calls on them all season?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...what if during that narrative of decline the guy lost 25 lbs of muscle and stopped working hard, lost his teammates respect and the physical ability to win on the football field?

When are we allowed to doubt him or we aren't because he protested outside the lines of football?

He had one chance left and he wasted it on distractions.
Wtf?

3 surgeries

Coach Chip Kelly hinted that Kaepernick would get a shot sometime soon when he’s healthy, but until then, it’s Gabbert’s team. Kelly said Kaepernick is the backup because he’s not “100 percent,” and even Kaepernick admits that.

He’s lost weight and is still working toward getting his strength and mass back. However, he has a plan for doing so.

Teammates

The quarterback was named the winner of the team's Len Eshmont award on Friday, which is the most prestigious team award that the 49ers hand out each season. The award was voted on by San Francisco players and is given to the 49er who "best exemplifies the inspirational and courageous play of Len Eshmont,"

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Who Jim Jones?

Captivated by the charismatic style of Pentecostal and Methodist preachers, Jones became a preacher himself. He rose to prominence in the 1950s and founded his ministry, the Peoples Temple, in which Jones, who was white, promoted social justice, racial and class equality and desegregation.

#dont drink the cool aid

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
What happens if the NFL tells a team not to sign him and they do anyway? What are they gonna do, tell all the officials to call BS calls on them all season?
The NFL is a partnership of the 32 teams, which means when they put things to a vote whomever has ruffles the most feathers will probably lose.

Any team can sign him, but come the next owners meeting it's easy for the other 31 to nominate something that negatively impacts the team that signed Kaep. Just as an example, let's say the team that signs him receives more shared revenue than they produce. They can adjust that mix. We also should remember that the NFL typically pays for a portion of stadiums and supports teams that want to move. They can use that as leverage.

There are many ways the NFL can keep its owners in line and we have to feel the decision to not sign him wasn't memo from the commish. It was a close door meeting where they all bought in and swore to secrecy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are basing this on what?
Kaepernick asked for $20M+/Yr to play in the fucking AAF. More than 250x what his teammates would have be making.

Kaep’s camp said they aren’t demanding starter money and that he just wants to get into a camp.

Of course he said that about the AAF. He wasn’t going to that gong show.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
The "because he sucks" crowd always cracks me up. They must not watch a lot of football because there a lot bad qb play out there. I could see if a 32 teams had a starter lighting it up. You might have point in that case. But wash up Kaep is probably good enough to be at the top of the bottom half of the league.

If he's able to get in and shake the rust off he might be even be better than bottom half.

There's no excuse for not at least sending a scout to the workout.
truth. what have we got to lose pride haha that left town a loooong ass time ago. I want wins unless he's slappin babies in post game interviews i say for the price we could get him we are stupid not to.... and we are pretty stupid.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I would absolutely offer him a vet minimum deal with a team option for a second year at $4-5m right now and take a look.

It would take some of the spotlight away from Trubisky, Pace, Nagy and the 4-6 record.

And honestly, what do you have to lose? Some dumbass supporters who willfully misunderstand a protest? Fuck these guys.