Why I'm all in on Rick Smith

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
1642880389414.png

A while ago, I posted my hopeful GM and settled on Dodds as Team President and Champ Bailey as the GM. Well, times have changed.

I am all in on Rick Smith, who, at that time, was my solid #2, with my thinking that Dodds was in the game and Smith had been out for a few years.

Even before Dodds pulled out, unlike your daddy, I felt that we should go with Rick Smith.

Here's why:

1.) First and foremost, this dude has worked for possibly the most toxic ownership in the league. He knows how to close a door and do business. I want a guy that will treat McCasky and Sweaty Teddy as so much fucking noise. I hope he outright blocks them and schedules them a sounding hour from 2-3 pm each Wednesday during his nap because he needs white noise to help sleep and meditate. Straight up, fuck George and Ted. Let them plan the next stadium out of Legos in the next room while this guy builds a football team.

So, we need a guy that would never have to run a thing by George and Ted and use Ted as a defacto rubber stamp, thereby keeping him in his place while he plays with his Legos and Hotwheels on his model racetrack/stadium.

2.) He can see talent. Look at his draft record. 'nuff said.

3.) He knows how to actually run a team.

Since, as far as I can tell, we haven't interviewed him yet, I hope that we hire Rick Smith as soon as the interview ends. Just be like, "you're hired.". He'd be like, okay, show me my office, now there's the door boys, see yourselves out. And, he'd only see the duo of dumb in awkward moments in the stall and during the heretofore said needed white noise for naptime.

Who else is all in on Rick Smith?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has he interviewed with anyone?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would be all in if he is interested.

But the one whisper I keep hearing is that since he left and I believe his wife died or he's still taking care of her, he just doesn't have his heart in it.

Regardless, if he wants back in, I am all in.

But it's not like we can force him back at gunpoint. If he doesn't want to come back there's nothing we can do.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He is my top choice but he doesn’t have the time to be all in right now. Wish the guy the best, completely respect wanting to be available for his kids, he doesn’t need the money. When he is read to come back some lucky team will jump at the chance.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He had a few hits late in his career but was generally known as a subpar drafter. Not sure where you are getting that he was good at the draft.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:

But the one whisper I keep hearing is that since he left and I believe his wife died or he's still taking care of her, he just doesn't have his heart in it.

But it's not like we can force him back at gunpoint. If he doesn't want to come back there's nothing we can do.
You literally hear so many whispers and literally all of them are in the inside of your head which I'm sure makes you feel special in terms of how you regard yourselve versus others whomst do not hear your whispers that you feel are special and unique to you but I can literally assure you that the whispers of people whomst are not psychotic think that your whispers are udderly rubbish and that you are out of your mind to feel like anyone literally gives a **** about your ****ing ignoramus voices in the inside of your brain!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

You don't hear whispers dude. You aren't a reporter.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the article. I thought he had better drafts than that. Here’s to hoping that I’m right about Champ Bailey being the reason for the later round success the Bears have had.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the article. I thought he had better drafts than that. Here’s to hoping that I’m right about Champ Bailey being the reason for the later round success the Bears have had.
I think bigger picture, despite some miss drafts was he had to contend with Peyton manning twice a year and managed to stay relatively competitive. Also , his first round picks were usually home runs

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Not impressed. You clowns have low standards

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll miss Paces ability to discern character traits.

it’s too bad about his early rounds and trade up clowning.

I think the early rounds are a test of ability to assess physiological traits applied to sustained success on a football field.

it’s those later rounds we keep hitting on character guys like Bilial Nichols and Tarik Cohen and Khalil RB now…there are more because Pace did a good job of team building in that one department.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
He drafted DeAndre Hopkins, JJ Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, and Deshaun Watson. Smith would be my number one choice, but then again I don't own the Bears so wtf do I know, right?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are GMs I believe out there who could be good if the coaches can articulate the needs they have in a player. Like Mayock…is a pure scout.

I think I would have kept Pace as a GM talent evaluated and put a stronger football President in charge to take over asset management and team construction.
Pace has enough quality skills you are losing a step somewhere for every one you gain.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He drafted DeAndre Hopkins, JJ Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, and Deshaun Watson. Smith would be my number one choice, but then again I don't own the Bears so wtf do I know, right?
And Champ Bailey was better than all of those not named after a power measurement.