Why I'm NOT SOLD on TCU WR Quentin Johnston: NFL Draft Film Breakdown

msadows

Liked Posts:
4.4 40

He's clocked a 4.4 40 and back-squatted 575 pounds. Despite missing three games in 2021, he still made first-team All-Big 12. Johnston's 33 catches went for 634 yards and six touchdowns."

Thats like saying your dick is 12 inches long but you barely got it wet.

Dude is the WR version of will levis in this draft.

Avoid.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
4.4 40

He's clocked a 4.4 40 and back-squatted 575 pounds. Despite missing three games in 2021, he still made first-team All-Big 12. Johnston's 33 catches went for 634 yards and six touchdowns."

Thats like saying your dick is 12 inches long but you barely got it wet.

Dude is the WR version of will levis in this draft.

Avoid.

LOL well I don't know about genital size, barely got it wet examples. ? I was just sharing info on the guy that
ties into thread

TCU wide receiver Quentin Johnston set to declare for 2023 ...

https://www.on3.com › college › tcu-horned-frogs › news

Dec 31, 2022 — Blessed with a tremendous combination of size and speed, Johnston stands at 6-foot-4, 215-pounds and runs a 4.4 40-yard dash. He torched the ...Michigan secondary on Saturday night in propelling his team to a 51-45 win in the Fiesta Bowl

Numinous710

Liked Posts:
OSU receivers Olave and Wilson are both on the record in 2021 saying that JSN was better than both of them, FWIW.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4.4 40

sounds like VJJ, great speed, bad hands

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
4.4 40

sounds like VJJ, great speed, bad hands
So I hear ya on the drops. I watched the video above #24. It seems like most of issues can be cured with good wr coaching. But no.....ya don't want the drops, especially in critical situations

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I hear ya on the drops. I watched the video above #24. It seems like most of issues can be cured with good wr coaching. But no.....ya don't want the drops, especially in critical situations
If the bears draft him are you going to give him a gay nickname like you did with Velus?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Everything I heard about this WR class is that it is a very weak class, and there isn't much separating the round 1 guys from the guys in round 3 in terms of production and potential, just better measurables.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everything I heard about this WR class is that it is a very weak class, and there isn't much separating the round 1 guys from the guys in round 3 in terms of production and potential, just better measurables.
where'd you hear the second part of this statement? Or did you just make that up?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

then it's gonna come down to these wr's getting good coaching.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Jalin Hyatt from Tennessee is going to be one of if not the best receiver from this class. Im as sure about him as i was Mahomes coming out of college. All the criticisms be damned that dude is special. Catch it short can take it to the house. Can outrun the secondary and take it to the house. 50/50 balls and take it to the house. This dude is a td threat from anywhere on the field. Im telling you all if the bears dont get him and i dont think they will we are going to be dick ripping for years on why the hell didnt Poles take him when he had the chance.
I usually agree with your comments but not in this instance, not high on him, actually think Tillman will have a better career.

DB012031

Liked Posts:

I also think we really need to see him with a real QB. I love Duggan's heart and the kid is a leader that guys will follow, no doubt. But if we are being honest, he doesn't throw a great ball and most of the TCU passing offense was arm punt it up and hope their fast leapy/jumpy guys can get it. Duggan reminds me of alot of the Penn State QBS the past few years...Just arm punt the ball down field and hope your guy can get it.

If QJ had CJ Stroud/Bryce Young (hell I would give you Stenton Bennett) throwing him the ball...I believe he would be a no doubt Top 10 pick.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
OSU receivers Olave and Wilson are both on the record in 2021 saying that JSN was better than both of them, FWIW.
That's true and should tell you something. I want JSN really bad and Harrison Jr. next year would be great as well.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
JSN is the answer to the Bears offense.
One underrated thing about JSN that people aren't talking about is that he's a pretty good blocker. I know part of the reason everyone wants JSN is that they are trying to re-create some Ohio St magic for Fields, especially after seeing Tua/Waddle, Burrow/Chase, Hurts/Smith as QB/WR combos reunited from college....but he really is the perfect fit for this team. Between separation ability, blocking, versatility, and fit in the slot, he may very well be the answer.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Pretty much.

Solidify the lines, especially the offensive line in this draft - it's shaping up to be a good draft for O-line. Draft another WR in the late 3rd to 4th rounds (assuming you have them as part of trading down). I would really like them to target Paris Johnston, Dawand Jones, and the center, Schmitz.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I also think we really need to see him with a real QB. I love Duggan's heart and the kid is a leader that guys will follow, no doubt. But if we are being honest, he doesn't throw a great ball and most of the TCU passing offense was arm punt it up and hope their fast leapy/jumpy guys can get it. Duggan reminds me of alot of the Penn State QBS the past few years...Just arm punt the ball down field and hope your guy can get it.

If QJ had CJ Stroud/Bryce Young (hell I would give you Stenton Bennett) throwing him the ball...I believe he would be a no doubt Top 10 pick.

Interesting. I didn't know this about the TCU Qb.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Pretty much.

Solidify the lines, especially the offensive line in this draft - it's shaping up to be a good draft for O-line. Draft another WR in the late 3rd to 4th rounds (assuming you have them as part of trading down). I would really like them to target Paris Johnston, Dawand Jones, and the center, Schmitz.

Agreed
There has to be intense OL competition. The OL has to be solidified.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think QJ is going to be pretty good. I think there is a negativity bias on drops which makes people ignore their actual production.