Why is Nick "Slow ass" Foles still on this Team?

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Can't we just cut him eat that 4 mil and get back a roster spot.

don't want to hate on Nick... actually I really wanted to root for the guy. He's from Austin, TX. Where I've lived before and such a nice guy. But geez he's slow and washed up... really disappointing. Nick needs to go run his family business with his pops..... Shake shack. Which by the way as awesome burgers and shake.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
No harm in keeping him now. Best case scenario is that you find a trade for a late round pick once rosters start being trimmed down.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Better question, why can Pace not see that aging QBs are not worthy of contracts you can't afford to cut? I expect a little more out of a GM than a football fan on a message board (but he won the super bowl thinking). But even all the message board fans knew Glennon wasn't worthy of his contract.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Honestly? I think keeping Foles is a good move.

Yeah, he's an absurdly expensive #3 QB in 2021, but let's not forget the following:
1. Dalton only signed a one-year deal, and he will be gone in 2022.
2. Someone will have to back up Fields.
3. Foles is one of the best backup QBs in the league, and is still under contract through 2023.
4. Foles also is not a bad mentor for Fields.

Unless a team (Indianapolis, most likely) makes an overwhelming offer (say a Day 2 pick and a couple late-rounders), holding on to Foles might be good for the Bears over the long term.

Liked Posts:
Honestly? I think keeping Foles is a good move.

Yeah, he's an absurdly expensive #3 QB in 2021, but let's not forget the following:
1. Dalton only signed a one-year deal, and he will be gone in 2022.
2. Someone will have to back up Fields.
3. Foles is one of the best backup QBs in the league, and is still under contract through 2023.
4. Foles also is not a bad mentor for Fields.

Unless a team (Indianapolis, most likely) makes an overwhelming offer (say a Day 2 pick and a couple late-rounders), holding on to Foles might be good for the Bears over the long term.
Foles would probably be gone by now if there was a team willing to part with a 6th for him.

Day 2 AND a couple late rounders? Pace would drive him to the airport and fly the plane himself if he got that offer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They tried to trade foles...when he refuses to go to a team that team then pulls the trade offer....he doesn't have a no trade clause and the Bears are doing favors for him.....he's using what little power he has and acting like a bitch

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I actually wonder if he does have a NTC and the bears want to keep it under wraps to avoid the backlash over what a moronic move it was

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Well, after yesterday, I don't see an increase of takers. Sadly.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
They tried to trade foles...when he refuses to go to a team that team then pulls the trade offer....he doesn't have a no trade clause and the Bears are doing favors for him.....he's using what little power he has and acting like a bitch

How are they doing him favors? They have no choice in the issue.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Dalton gets hurt they will need someone to play behind fields.

Pretty much the only reason, at this point. I doubt he makes the 53, but who knows.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Or is it other teams when he makes it clear he doesn’t want to be traded to them?
Tough shit, he has a contract and is a third string QB. Pace should press that issue but he’s gutless. Weeks ago they said that they respect Nicks wishes on where he would want to go. Maybe a trade gets done if they treated this like the business that it is.

If you’re willing to put Foles first, you’ll literally put anyone else first. Great precedent to set.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tough shit, he has a contract and is a third string QB. Pace should press that issue but he’s gutless. Weeks ago they said that they respect Nicks wishes on where he would want to go. Maybe a trade gets done if they treated this like the business that it is.

If you’re willing to put Foles first, you’ll literally put anyone else first. Great precedent to set.
Perhaps Pace was trying to save face?

See it from the other GMs perspective, why would you give up capital for a shite QB who has made it clear he doesn’t want to play for you?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Honestly I think the roster spot he is taking up is worth more than the contract we'd have to eat releasing Foles. Unless the worst happens, he won't see the field, and if the worst happens, it's not likely that he would be saving a playoff run anyway. I say give his roster spot to someone who can help the team compete.

If we can trade him for more than a 5th, my jaw would drop.