Why isn't Pagano being held accountable for this putrid defense?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Defense has not been able to close out games and for the most part looked like a shell of their former selves... Fuller continuing to give large cushions because he's uncomfortable playing press is a problem. Fangio at least forced him into playing press, Pagano seems content letting fuller sit and wait allowing easy pitch and catch. Not sure what happened to the dline and OLB's...How do you let a scrub like driskel play with minimal pressure. If it wasn't for kwik blitzing, driskel on multiple occasions he would have had lots of time pick apart the secondary. Everyone wants to point to the offense being bad and rightfully so but there have been plenty of years where the defense has had to carry the load because the offense was inept. Something is broken with the defense and they need to figure it out fast.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd rather the defense go back to a 4-3
The team has the pieces to make it happen with minimal turnover

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Defense has not been able to close out games and for the most part looked like a shell of their former selves... Fuller continuing to give large cushions because he's uncomfortable playing press is a problem. Fangio at least forced him into playing press, Pagano seems content letting fuller sit and wait allowing easy pitch and catch. Not sure what happened to the dline and OLB's...How do you let a scrub like driskel play with minimal pressure. If it wasn't for kwik blitzing, driskel on multiple occasions he would have had lots of time pick apart the secondary. Everyone wants to point to the offense being bad and rightfully so but there have been plenty of years where the defense has had to carry the load because the offense was inept. Something is broken with the defense and they need to figure it out fast.
sO

Um Dline has injuries and I'm pretty sure that Pagano is the one calling for Kwiatkoski to blitz, Homie!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Disagree.

Almost everyone said during the off-season there's no way they were going to duplicate the dominant defense of '18 because they got so many turnovers and everyone was healthy.

The defense has not fallen off as much as some posters think they have.

Edit: Just checked ppg stats:

2018: 17.7 ppg
2019: 17.4 pgg

Lol. They are better than last year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Disagree.

Almost everyone said during the off-season there's no way they were going to duplicate the dominant defense of '18 because they got so many turnovers and everyone was healthy.

The defense has not fallen off as much as some posters think they have.
Dude says the defense is PUTRID lmfao

BTW, aside from injuries and predictable decline in turnovers year/year, the defense gets absolutley ZERO help from the offense keeping them off the field/scoring/being an actual NFL offense...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
PoinPoinPoin
RkTmYearWLTW-L%PFPAPD
1CHI20186300.66726917594
2CHI20194500.4441621575

[thead] [/thead]

Provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 11/11/2019.

Yes.... defensive regression is obviously the problem, and not the 107 fewer points scored. PUTRID! Hold 'em accountable!

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Any "regression" has more to do with the complete ineptitude of the offense and the loss of Hicks. You can't lose an elite player and not get worse, and you can't expect any defense to thrive when they're constantly on the field. They've had a slight regression in yards per attempt but they're top 5 in points, yards per pass and yards per run.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any "regression" has more to do with the complete ineptitude of the offense and the loss of Hicks. You can't lose an elite player and not get worse, and you can't expect any defense to thrive when they're constantly on the field. They've had a slight regression in yards per attempt but they're top 5 in points, yards per pass and yards per run.

yeah but putrid

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd rather the defense go back to a 4-3
The team has the pieces to make it happen with minimal turnover

Pretty much no turnover.

Mack - Hicks - Nichols - RRH

Floyd (s) - Roquan (m or w) - Trevathan (w or m)

Fuller - Jackson - Bush - Shelley

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
"should switch to a 4-3/3-4" is this fanbase's defense equivalent of "we need more time to evaluate the QB".

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty much no turnover.

Mack - Hicks - Nichols - RRH

Floyd (s) - Roquan (m or w) - Trevathan (w or m)

Fuller - Jackson - Bush - Shelley

What about Goldman?
I'm assuming Danny T is gone but Kwit can be the Hillenmeyer

And Liverpool fucked up Man Shitty yesterday...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What about Goldman?
I'm assuming Danny T is gone but Kwit can be the Hillenmeyer

And Liverpool fucked up Man Shitty yesterday...

Completely forgot about Goldman lol.

Yeah Liverpool are winning the PL this year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The only thing I see as a big difference from last season defense is I don’t feel we are getting to the qb and the turnovers that we had last year aren’t happening.
Focus on the garbage ass offense. People are ecstatic our qb had 3 tds ignoring that he couldn’t even get 200 yards passing. Kyle orton would be proud

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think the defense would look better if they weren't tired by the end of the game. I believe the Bears are bottom 5 in the league

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They lost Hicks.... fuq u expect Pagano to do?

Like ask some other guy who isn't Hick to play Hick's position?

When one of my staff members is out sick I don't fucking tell one of the other staff who isn't sick to do their work because they've been trained and assigned as some kind of fucking backup.

That would be absolutely silly... who does that kind of thing?!?!?