Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is why he should watch and learn from Dalton on how to deal with pressure. Dalton is not perfect, but his experience can help develop Fields into a better QB. Smith helped Mahomes to become better. Nothing wrong to being patient unless Dalton becomes a total shitshow like Glennon.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is why he should watch and learn from Dalton on how to deal with pressure. Dalton is not perfect, but his experience can help develop Fields into a better QB. Smith helped Mahomes to become better. Nothing wrong to be patient unless Dalton becomes a total shitshow like Glennon.

Glennon was a joke. I'd think Fields can learn more from Dalton.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Glennon was a joke. I'd think Fields can learn more from Dalton.

I fucking hope so, Glennon was flat out awful.

Those under pressure stats are from impressive, Nagy better get him well prepared and to also take the occassional dump off instead of aiming for the home run every time.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Dalton way better then Glennon and if Foles sticks around he is another decent guy to learn stuff from

I can't see them keeping Foles, though it would probably be better for the Bears as a team if they did.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't see them keeping Foles, though it would probably be better for the Bears as a team if they did.

They will keep him unless some team out there is willing to pay enough of his contract to be their #2. Not seeing it yet, but who knows? Having Foles next to Fields pointing things out in real time while Dalton slings it could be very helpful. More than standing alone as the #2.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:

I watched it...you don't have to, but you should...

Shows plays where is he makes 4th reads and basically dropping dimes anywhere he wants to on the field....
That was enlightening and if Pace felt the same way, he probably felt his hand was forced to go hard at OL or risk Fields failing. He is used to having a lot of time, hopefully a revamped line can give it to him and/or he gets better with coaching.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
That was enlightening and if Pace felt the same way, he probably felt his hand was forced to go hard at OL or risk Fields failing. He is used to having a lot of time, hopefully a revamped line can give it to him and/or he gets better with coaching.
Even if our o-line improved dramatically (I'm holding out hope), NFL time is not the same as College time in the pocket.

I know they tend to think that his problem is pressure in the pocket, but most of the time you see him in trouble is when the pressure is un accounted for, and there is a free rusher. I agree about coaching, needs to get him worked up on exploiting the weakness that comes from a blitzer. He has the demeanor to be calm and collected, and I think he will learn that the unaccounted guy is his responsibility.

I know it might be boring, but the two OL draft picks are both good in run blocking, so run the ball a LOT, and help out Dalton and Fields.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it might be boring, but the two OL draft picks are both good in run blocking, so run the ball a LOT, and help out Dalton and Fields.
^^^^^^ @Matt_Nagy ^^^^^^

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My poor cock.
giphy.gif

What he's not as good at is easily fixable if you choose to believe he needs it. The bad under pressure has a lot to do with how he finds time to let plays develop instead of dumping at the 1st sign of pressure. It's how you make big pays so there's an offset and it's easy to pick the scramble plays he 'only' gets 3 yards vs the many where he burns the D.

None of the QBs coming out have figured out the perfect amount of risk reward yet but those that throw earlier on set plays or have more built in outlets will look better on that pressure compare. Especially when they don't pull down and run as much. Lots of those high % dump offs by other QBs become runs by Fields.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I fucking hope so, Glennon was flat out awful.

Those under pressure stats are from impressive, Nagy better get him well prepared and to also take the occassional dump off instead of aiming for the home run every time.
If Nagy is good at anything, it’s forcing his QBs to play small ball.
Glennon/Bray/Daniel had like 5 starts between them all trying to coach up Trubisky. Dalton has almost 5000 NFL passing attempts under his belt. If anything, he’s seen some shit, where the other QBs above were all lost on the field.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Lance - Marriota
Wilson - Jimmy Clausen
Mac Jones - Jared Goff

Only Lawrence and Fields will survive. Only Fields will be top 3.