Why no Myles Murphy?

RomeoSantiago81

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
  2. Illinois Fighting Illini
  3. Loyola Ramblers
Hi everyone,

Newbie to this forum. I have not seen much hype for Myles Murphy to the Bears! He is younger than some others and as he showed on pro day got outstanding tools, very productive in Clemson.

Any thoughts? I would love it if Bears trade a few picks back to like 11 or 12th and pick him up.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
@dentfan hates him. Maybe he can give you some info on why.
No prob, bro. I got you. It’s simple: he doesn’t get sacks. He has little production. If a guy with his physical skills can’t perform at the college level, why would anyone think he could suddenly get sacks in the pros.

He’s trash. Let somebody else draft him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No prob, bro. I got you. It’s simple: he doesn’t get sacks. He has little production. If a guy with his physical skills can’t perform at the college level, why would anyone think he could suddenly get sacks in the pros.

Myles Murphy 23 games last two years. 14.5 sacks

Tyree Wilson. 23 games last two years. 14 sacks

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Watch him become one of the best pass rusher from this draft

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
I like when NFL fans pretend they are player evaluators and draft experts. The best is when they use words like "kid" or "film." When they refer to the "film" they claim to have viewed they are normally referring to a couple YouTube videos they watched. 99% of the time they never saw the player they are calling "crap" play a full game.

For sure no All-22 tape was ever viewed.

CCS Draft prospect evaluations Live:
FrigidSecondaryIndianelephant-max-1mb-1.gif

meangreek

Liked Posts:
3/25/23: In 2022, Murphy totaled 40 tackles, 6.5 sacks, one forced fumble and two passes defended. He tailed off down the stretch and seemed to be protecting himself. Murphy is a freak athlete who has a crazy combination of size, speed, athleticism and strength. He should work out well and impress in the eye ball test. Murphy has the skill set to do whatever he wants on the football field; he can burn tackles with speed, use his strength to set the edge in the ground game, dominate tight ends, and simply take over games.

7/6/22: Murphy was excellent as a freshman defensive end for Clemson in 2020, recording 51 tackles, 12 for a loss, four sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass broken up. Murphy has versatile size and could grow into being a defensive tackle for the next level. In 2021, Murphy recorded 37 tackles and seven sacks.

Career Stats​

SeasonTeamGamesSackUASackASacksTFLTacklesFF
2020Clemson1232416413
2021Clemson1362717382
2022Clemson13536.513401

Game Log​

DateOpponentResultSacksTFLTacklesFF
9/5/2022@ Georgia Tech41-100000
9/10/2022Furman35-120030
9/17/2022Louisiana Tech48-201230
9/24/2022@ Wake Forest51-45 (2).5150
10/1/2022NC State30-201.5240
10/8/2022@ Boston College31-30130
10/15/2022@ Florida St.34-282461
10/22/2022Syracuse27-21.5120
11/5/2022@ Notre Dame14-351140
11/12/2022Louisville31-160010
11/19/2022Miami (FL)40-100120
11/26/2022South Carolina30-310040
12/3/2022North Carolina
@ Charlotte, NC
39-100030
12/30/2022Tennessee
@ Miami Gardens, FL
14-310000

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like when NFL fans pretend they are player evaluators and draft experts. The best is when they use words like "kid" or "film." When they refer to the "film" they claim to have viewed they are normally referring to a couple YouTube videos they watched. 99% of the time they never saw the player they are calling "crap" play a full game.

For sure no All-22 tape was ever viewed.

CCS Draft prospect evaluations Live:
View attachment 28469

I love when Packers fans pretend to have hot wives. ?

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
I love when Packers fans pretend to have hot wives. ?
You are really stuck on this huh?

You don't comprehend comments well do you? Someone implied Stetson Bennett's mother was the "hottest" mother on the planet. I merely stated that she is mildly attractive and there are indeed more attractive mothers out there. One being my wife.

If that is some obnoxious "brag" to you, or you are upset that I am married to a beautiful woman, then that is on you kiddo.

Work out your own issues before coming at me.

Last advice or attention you will receive from me.

Have a nice life!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He gets by with a little help from his friends. No way at 9. Slow off the snap and not that bendy. If he had that quick 1st step, I'd consider him inside but nope. If Van Ness can bend enough, he's a better choice. Awareness and get off are much better. Even Keion White 's get off is clearly better and has similar lack of moves/bend but projects better in a move to 3 tech. The sort of player you can move around the line depending on down. I'd say the same about Murphy but if you're slow off the snap, you can't be a good 3-tech in this system and he's not a passing down bender either. He could be a good 3-4 end but not here.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

You don't comprehend comments well do you? Someone implied Stetson Bennett's mother was the "hottest" mother on the planet. I merely stated that she is mildly attractive and there are indeed more attractive mothers out there. One being my wife.

If that is some obnoxious "brag" to you, or you are upset that I am married to a beautiful woman, then that is on you kiddo.

Have a nice life!
Maybe posters like to take shots at a Green Bay dipstick who acts like he’s a life sensei and is monumentally self-important because he thinks his fandom makes his opinion on anything relevant.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Maybe posters like to take shots at a Green Bay dipstick who acts like he’s a life sensei and is monumentally self-important because he thinks his fandom makes his opinion on anything relevant.
Only here to educate misinformed Bears fans. If that bothers you, you are more than welcome to use the ignore feature.

Back to the topic at hand....

Myles Murphy would be an outstanding selection for the Bears at 9. I'm not a hater that wants the Bears to draft all bad players. The stronger the NFC North gets, the better, I have always said.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Have a nice life!

You said that last time.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Myles Murphy 23 games last two years. 14.5 sacks

Tyree Wilson. 23 games last two years. 14 sacks
I read a comp of tyree Wilson to myles Garrett and had to laugh. They may look alike in physical stature but Wilson shows zero of the explosiveness and freak athleticism on tape that Garrett has

TheRightWay

Liked Posts:

You just described Jalen Carter= No Sacks & No Tackles, yet everyone wants this trash

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
To me, he seems like he's got elite burst. Aside from that, he almost exclusively relies on speed to get around the edge. He also has a weak bull rush.

Outside of that, he has no other moves. He doesn't spin, rip, etc. He needs to develop at least one other move that he is good at to make the leap. If he does develop more, he could be really good (10+ sack guy). If he doesn't, his ceiling isnt high.

He also could be moved to DT I think