Why not be optimistic.............

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Optimism died the day Phillips, Pace, and Nagy were retained. I don't give a shit anymore.
This board is the only Bears related thing I've looked at in a while now and that's because it can at least be amusing.
Maybe I'll watch the Bills this year. They're my 'local' team and at least they're entertaining.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The Bears have conditioned us to always hope for the best, but expect the worst...

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Germaine Ifedi is a key free agent?

A backup swing tackle, 33 going on 34-year-old Andy Dalton, and Damien Williams equate to a 'bolstered offense?'

Ryan Pace is excited and thinks guys drafted last year will grow?

LOL bears PR director told Larry Meyer to troll fans...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To the OP:

I cannot. It just isn't possible. Like asking me to believe Mohammed ascended to heaven on a horse on faith. It just isn't possible.

I get it. I'm just posting the article not writing it but as most know i do stay as positive as i possibly can when it comes to any of my sports teams and i can see this team being better than most think they can be and can see Dalton playing good football as well. A lot needs to come together for that to happen like not trying to make Dalton do too much in the passing game and becoming more run oriented offense and using our TE's more. We have ARob who's shown he can put up great numbers no matter who's at QB and if Dalton can use ARob and the TE's more in the short game and then use Mooney for that occasional deep ball and on slants.

I know i'm reaching here but nobody knows until we actually see it and lets see just what we have on offense after free agency and the draft are over.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We have plenty of offensive weapons and a veteran QB that's shown he can win games in this league.

ARob
Mooney
Graham
Kmet
Monty
Cohen
D.Williams

Yeah the o-line isn't gonna be one of the best in the league but we get J.Daniels back and Ifedi played well at RT to finish the year and maybe we still add in the draft or free agency to not only the o-line but at WR.

LOL, as if this list of "weapons" instill fear into opposing DCs. GTFO.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
LOL, as if this list of "weapons" instill fear into opposing DCs. GTFO.

Yes plenty of those guys will be schemed for and are absolutely good weapons to have. It's okay if you wanna hate everything Bears but to think we don't have weapons on offense is just idiotic.

Liked Posts:
Yes plenty of those guys will be schemed for and are absolutely good weapons to have. It's okay if you wanna hate everything Bears but to think we don't have weapons on offense is just idiotic.

It's honestly an underwhelming list and it starts with the QB. Of course we have guys that needs to be schemed for and a few of them are good to very good players, but there's no true game changers on that list.

Maybe ARob is one, but it's a moot point if the QB sucks ---- and honestly ARob had some boneheaded plays big time WRs wouldn't make last year.

Others - Mooney if he develops could be one, Monty if he's part of the gameplan and OL does well, Kmet if he takes the next step in his development. All are big IFs though.

Then you add Nagy and his terrible game-plans, play-calling & lack of adjustments and you lower the potential of all those players another peg.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Bears do have weapons on offense, but I lost a ton of faith in the man behind the trigger in 2020.

I have a little faith in Andy Dalton, but I lost all my faith in Matt Nagy.

I think that is where a lot of pessimism is coming from.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Yes, because only a true Bears Hater would challenge your assertion that your list of [ARob, Mooney, Graham, Kmet, Monty, Cohen, D.Williams] are absolutely good weapons.

First, no they are not. Second, no OL in front of them. Third, no QB to deliver the ball. It amounts to a Defensive Coordinator's wet dream.

It's fine. The team sucks and will continue sucking in 2021, most of us can handle the reality. Grow up and stop pretending that adults and realists are Haters.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, because only a true Bears Hater would challenge your assertion that your list of [ARob, Mooney, Graham, Kmet, Monty, Cohen, D.Williams] are absolutely good weapons.

First, no they are not. Second, no OL in front of them. Third, no QB to deliver the ball. It amounts to a Defensive Coordinator's wet dream.

It's fine. The team sucks and will continue sucking in 2021, most of us can handle the reality. Grow up and stop pretending that adults and realists are Haters.

I still can't get over the fact @dabears70 is over 40 years old. I thought for sure he was like 14-15.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
lets see just what we have on offense after free agency and the draft are over.

Even if we set trades on Madden rookie setting and collected last year's Pro Bowlers and starters, we have Nagy who is constantly trying to complicate things in a desperate attempt to re-capture the "genius" label so prematurely bestowed upon him in 2018. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. Laugh at the buffonery and enjoy the ride.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Why are people posting or even paying attention to the Bears if it's not enriching your life in some way? Are you obligated to spend your time doing this? If the Bears have personally wronged you by not being as good as your standards dictate then why waste your time even paying attention?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why are people posting or even paying attention to the Bears if it's not enriching your life in some way? Are you obligated to spend your time doing this? If the Bears have personally wronged you by not being as good as your standards dictate then why waste your time even paying attention?

My guess is.....nothing better to do with their lives then whine all day and night on a message board. Shit the haters get mad at Bears fans who are optimistic in any way what so ever towards the Bears. How sad is that...LOL.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am still a big fan of Pro Football and I live in Chicago so they are kind of the hand I am delt these days because the Lions are worse and the Vikes ain't much better and just fuck the Packers & Colts...so Bears it is.

I do wonder if I moved out of this city, would I ever watch another Bears game???

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My guess is.....nothing better to do with their lives then whine all day and night on a message board. Shit the haters get mad at Bears fans who are optimistic in any way what so ever towards the Bears. How sad is that...LOL.
Imagine thinking that people have nothing better to do with their lives while you do the same thing as them, except with a much worse idea of what a good GM is.

Special person.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you should only post if you’re optimistic about the bears right now, you should probably also stop posting and get your ged