CCS Hall of Fame '20
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You both must have missed how everything transpired this offseason. When the 49ers moved up to #3 it was widely reported it was for Mac Jones. This was still well before the draft when Mac wasnt viewed very highly. But still most nfl teams and their beat writers were reported to be under the belief that the 49ers wanted Mac Jones. This was the stance for a while.

Yet, the 49ers were getting alot of pushback from the media and the fanbase who were mad they traded the farm for a guy they could have got at their original spot.

Meanwhile it was reported 49ers scouting department loved Lance after seeing him in person.

It seemed Shanahan was on an island by himself with wanoting Mac and I don't think it's a far stretch that he was guided toward agreeing with drafting Lance.
LMAO. No.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not going anywhere for a year with his chosen QB.

Mighty Joe Young

He's looked miserable in San Francisco this season mentally but he is under contract until 2025.

insy9hxkolqhejegaaut
Wait a second......

Matt-Nagy.png

insy9hxkolqhejegaaut

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

TL1961

Shanahan has a worse winning percentage than Kelly who was fired so SF could hire Shanahan.
Kelly had a worse winning percentage than Singletary who was fired so SF could hire Kelly.
Singletary was widely ridiculed and run out of town because he wasn’t good enough.

This is the organization many still contend stuck it to the Bears. SF got picks and turned them into nothing.

SF traded away picks for their QB of the future who is sitting while they endure their fourth losing season in five years under Shanahan.

The previous three all saw double digit losses.

But he is elsewhere, thus many still consider him (and his GM) to be geniuses.

Chicagosports89

Shanahan has a worse winning percentage than Kelly who was fired so SF could hire Shanahan.
Kelly had a worse winning percentage than Singletary who was fired so SF could hire Kelly.
Singletary was widely ridiculed and run out of town because he wasn’t good enough.

This is the organization many still contend stuck it to the Bears. SF got picks and turned them into nothing.

SF traded away picks for their QB of the future who is sitting while they endure their fourth losing season in five years under Shanahan.

The previous three all saw double digit losses.

But he is elsewhere, thus many still consider him (and his GM) to be geniuses.
The thing I appreciate about them is that they are usually building strong offensive lines and defensive lines. Shanahan has consistently had solid offenses when he's had his starting qb. He puts his qbs in good situations for success by running effectively and getting play action off of that. I would absolutely take Shanahan to teach a young qb at this level.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The thing I appreciate about them is that they are usually building strong offensive lines and defensive lines. Shanahan has consistently had solid offenses when he's had his starting qb. He puts his qbs in good situations for success by running effectively and getting play action off of that. I would absolutely take Shanahan to teach a young qb at this level.
He got rg3 killed and essentially ruined his career in one season. Jimmy g hasn't really developed into anything. Where do these narratives about Shanahan come from?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You both must have missed how everything transpired this offseason. When the 49ers moved up to #3 it was widely reported it was for Mac Jones. This was still well before the draft when Mac wasnt viewed very highly. But still most nfl teams and their beat writers were reported to be under the belief that the 49ers wanted Mac Jones. This was the stance for a while.

Yet, the 49ers were getting alot of pushback from the media and the fanbase who were mad they traded the farm for a guy they could have got at their original spot.

Meanwhile it was reported 49ers scouting department loved Lance after seeing him in person. It also didn't help Mac doesn't quote have an NFL chiseled physique.

It seemed Shanahan was on an island by himself with wanting Mac and I don't think it's a far stretch that he was guided toward agreeing with drafting Lance.
You're gonna have to link this cause I don't remember hearing anything about this.

pablovi

And that year that “Shanahan took Jimmy G to a Super Bowl”?

SF had the #2 defense in the NFL.
I agree, but Nagy had the #3 defense in 2018 and couldn’t even win a single playoff game. But he did send Trubisky to the pro bowl.

pablovi

He’s had a top 10 offense(total Yds), 7 out of his 14 seasons as an OC and or HC. Total points, only 3 years out of 14. Passing Yards, 6 out of 14, passing TD’s 2 out of 14. He seems to be a good OC, but don’t really know the stats of the best OC’s in the league.
He’s not a good HC with that record.

Chicagosports89

He got rg3 killed and essentially ruined his career in one season. Jimmy g hasn't really developed into anything. Where do these narratives about Shanahan come from?
Rg3 got himself killed. If I remember right, Shanahan didn't really call designed runs, rg3 just scrambled a lot. Jimmy G is what he is. There isn't much to develop, but Shanahan got to the super bowl with him so he maximized what he had out of him.