Why the double standard?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see a lot of people really down on Getsy after this last game.

In his ROOKIE season as a play caller nonetheless!

Does Getsy have a great cast to work with? Does he have a pro bowl QB? WR? An ass kicking oline?

No!

But everyone is all shitting on him in his second game calling plays as a rookie OC.

Now Justin Fields we need to love and hug. If he doesn't produce it's because: "wE diDn'T gET hIM aNY hELP!!!" "iTS hIS fIRST yEAR IN a NEW sYStEm!!!"

Well why aren't you fuckers saying that about Getsy? Why aren't you bitching at Poles for not getting him help?? Where's the patience for him??

Why the double standard? Is it because CCS hates chubby white guys? ?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Does Getsy have a great cast to work with? Does he have a pro bowl QB? WR? An ass kicking oline?

No!

But everyone is all shitting on him in his second game calling plays as a rookie OC.

Now Justin Fields we need to love and hug. If he doesn't produce it's because: "wE diDn'T gET hIM aNY hELP!!!" "iTS hIS fIRST yEAR IN a NEW sYStEm!!!"

Well why aren't you fuckers saying that about Getsy? Why aren't you bitching at Poles for not getting him help?? Where's the patience for him??

People understood this would be a growing year. Their brains still can't reconcile between logic and emotion. It's football. It's emotional.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
We know this team is not a playoff team, we need to figure out what we have on offense to see who to keep, and what positions are needed.

We need to give fields experience to improve, and if he doesn’t show growth then they need to move on from him.

This is entirely dependent on the playcalling. If you only call 11 pass plays we will never see anything from o line pass pro, from fields, from the receivers…

Essentially wasting time. We’ve all seen this play out before. Getsy called this game like a guy that wanted to lose with dignity, not a guy trying to win the game or give his players an opportunity.

11 pass plays?? What’s that going to get the bears this year or the next?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We know this team is not a playoff team, we need to figure out what we have on offense to see who to keep, and what positions are needed.

We need to give fields experience to improve, and if he doesn’t show growth then they need to move on from him.

This is entirely dependent on the playcalling. If you only call 11 pass plays we will never see anything from o line pass pro, from fields, from the receivers…

Essentially wasting time. We’ve all seen this play out before. Getsy called this game like a guy that wanted to lose with dignity, not a guy trying to win the game or give his players an opportunity.

11 pass plays?? What’s that going to get the bears this year or the next?

It's his SECOND game as a play caller! I'm a little concerned that you won't give him time to develop.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there a single coach on this team that has proven success at developing a young QB?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

No!

I'm in trouble if that's the case.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Is there a single coach on this team that has proven success at developing a young QB?

Headcoach is a first timer
GM is a first timer
D coordinator is a newb
O coordinator is a newb

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I totally understand a rookie OC is going to take some lumps and yes the subpar supporting cast can limit a playbook.

What has me all upset with Luke Getsy right now is that they spent all offseason selling me on building an offense around players strengths, particularly Justin Fields.

Two games in and the Getsy offense is all about hiding it's deficiencies, particularly Justin Fields and I am starting to feel like I got conned.

It doesn't trust the OL to block.

It doesn't trust the QB to throw.

It doesn't trust the WR get past the sticks.

It's like riding a bike with the training wheels welded on.

If the training wheels start to look like they are coming off next week, I will chalk it up as a new coach being overly cautious with his new offense.

If this Fisher Price offense keeps until the bye week, I will chalk it up as a new coach being a chickenshit loser.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i don’t blame Getsy for having a job he’s unqualified for. Not often someone goes from errand runner to OC.
This is EXACTLY the double standard I’m talking about. In two games you’ve already determined Getsy is unqualified. Yet you’re non stop whining about not getting Fields any help and needing to give him time. The double standard is disturbing.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I totally understand a rookie OC is going to take some lumps and yes the subpar supporting cast can limit a playbook.

What has me all upset with Luke Getsy right now is that they spent all offseason selling me on building an offense around players strengths, particularly Justin Fields.

Two games in and the Getsy offense is all about hiding it's deficiencies, particularly Justin Fields and I am starting to feel like I got conned.

It doesn't trust the OL to block.

It doesn't trust the QB to throw.

It doesn't trust the WR get past the sticks.

It's like riding a bike with the training wheels welded on.

If the training wheels start to look like they are coming off next week, I will chalk it up as a new coach being overly cautious with his new offense.

If this Fisher Price offense keeps until the bye week, I will chalk it up as a new coach being a chickenshit loser.

this here.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is EXACTLY the double standard I’m talking about. In two games you’ve already determined Getsy is unqualified. Yet you’re non stop whining about not getting Fields any help and needing to give him time. The double standard is disturbing.
There is no double standard. Justin Fields was a talented prospect coming out of college and after the disaster that was Matt Nagy, they needed to bring in someone who wasn’t totally green. This isn’t hindsight after 2 games. This was always my position.

Luke Getsys resume includes getting coffee for Aaron Rodgers and developing Jordan Love into someone who played so well that they gave Aaron Rodgers $50M a year. Getsy is someone who also needs to be developed and I’m sorry but I’m putting the importance on the Qb over a guy who only has this job because of the QB he coached. He was 4th in the pecking order.

you talk about double standard but you’ve defended Getsy more than you have Fields. None of the personnel issues seemed to matter until we questioned the great Getsy. Whining? Foh

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
This is what I've come to expect from most things Bears related.

This team would have to be playing near perfect ball on all three phases for people to be at ease with where the team is at.

It's not been any different in all the years I have followed them online.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is no double standard. Justin Fields was a talented prospect coming out of college and after the disaster that was Matt Nagy, they needed to bring in someone who wasn’t totally green. This isn’t hindsight after 2 games. This was always my position.

Luke Getsys resume includes getting coffee for Aaron Rodgers and developing Jordan Love into someone who played so well that they gave Aaron Rodgers $50M a year. Getsy is someone who also needs to be developed and I’m sorry but I’m putting the importance on the Qb over a guy who only has this job because of the QB he coached. He was 4th in the pecking order.

you talk about double standard but you’ve defended Getsy more than you have Fields. None of the personnel issues seemed to matter until we questioned the great Getsy. Whining? Foh
Clearly you don’t see your own double standard. Getsy was interviewed for a HC job this year too. He was also a “talented prospect” just like Fields. Yet one of them you make excuses for at every turn. The other one you’ve immediately discarded. ?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Normally, when you have a young QB you have an understanding they will take time to develop.

When you hire a coach, you would assume they would already be proficient at the job they were hired for.

Is this line of thinking wrong?

**I do know it will take this coaching staff some time to understand what works in the offense and what doesn't**

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Clearly you don’t see your own double standard. Getsy was interviewed for a HC job this year too. He was also a “talented prospect” just like Fields. Yet one of them you make excuses for at every turn. The other one you’ve immediately discarded. ?
Not surrounding the QB with any substantive talent or proven coaching is not excuse making. It’s a valid criticism of an organization that year after year, regime after regime fails to produce a team resembling the era they play in.

There is a reason why everyone and their mother said the Bears aren’t doing enough to help fields. This includes local and national media. Football analytic sites. The only thing we had to hang out hats on this season was the hope of the unknown.

Also what makes Getsy a talented prospect outside of people saying nice things about him?