why wilson likes Chicago

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The last 2 years of Nagy's offense are a good place to start on why to not believe it.
and apparently russell wilson disagrees. he would not want to come to a situation where he didn’t think he could succeed. i would think that much would be obvious.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lmao - this article gave me a good laugh.

While the Seahawks have no plans to trade him, the Bears appear to have found their quarterback target this offseason in Russell Wilson.’

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao - this article gave me a good laugh.

Hmm, not sure how this meshes with our huge offer "on the table" for Watson. yeah no one knows shit.

Would be fun few years though if this happened and we didn't give up the next few drafts to do it.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My god, the cunting from Bears fans who hate nagy but can't wrap their heads around why a top 5 qb would want to come here and play for him is getting downright hilarious.

It's not rocket science because it's already out there in the reports.

Wilson WANTS to run a system like Patrick Mahomes is in. Nagy happens to run that system.

Wilson also wants input. Which is exactly what all the other really good quarterbacks in the league ALSO GET (and what Pete Carroll is really fucking up right now).

I KNEW SOME OF YOU GUYS WERE MENTALLY STUCK IN THE '80S BUT OH MY GOD THIS IS REALLY FREAKING BEYOND THE BEYOND.

The NFL's modern now. Try to mentally catch up...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
My god, the cunting from Bears fans who hate nagy but can't wrap their heads around why a top 5 qb would want to come here and play for him is getting downright hilarious.

It's not rocket science because it's already out there in the reports.

Wilson WANTS to run a system like Patrick Mahomes is in. Nagy happens to run that system.

Wilson also wants input. Which is exactly what all the other really good quarterbacks in the league ALSO GET (and what Pete Carroll is really fucking up right now).

I KNEW SOME OF YOU GUYS WERE MENTALLY STUCK IN THE '80S BUT OH MY GOD THIS IS REALLY FREAKING BEYOND THE BEYOND.

The NFL's modern now. Try to mentally catch up...
Howdy, Hal -- curious... what does anyone being stuck in the 80s have to do with Nagy or Wilson? I think some folks don't assume Wilson wants to play for Nagy for his offensive mind because Nagy hasn't been successful at offense with the Bears. And apparently, Bears O immediately did much better the day he stopped calling plays. Seems logical to me. What are they missing?

I'm pretty sure Nagy's play calling included a higher percentage of passing, but I do know most of the 'unbalanced' games didn't go well, and again, just not notably successful. Would 'Nagy's system', which we suppose looks more like the Chief's, work better with Wilson than Trubisky? No doubt. I agree with you there. Wilson can read defenses and throw better.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Howdy, Hal -- curious... what does anyone being stuck in the 80s have to do with Nagy or Wilson? I think some folks don't assume Wilson wants to play for Nagy for his offensive mind because Nagy hasn't been successful at offense with the Bears. And apparently, Bears O immediately did much better the day he stopped calling plays. Seems logical to me. What are they missing?

I'm pretty sure Nagy's play calling included a higher percentage of passing, but I do know most of the 'unbalanced' games didn't go well, and again, just not notably successful. Would 'Nagy's system', which we suppose looks more like the Chief's, work better with Wilson than Trubisky? No doubt. I agree with you there. Wilson can read defenses and throw better.

The stuck in the 80s mentality for me is more of the people who are saying they would rather the Bears draft a quarterback in rounds two or later or settle for some trashier quarterback off the scrap heap because they think there is such a thing as too high of a cost to get a legit top five franchise quarterback.

never mind the fact that once you have the quarterback even if you sell the rest of the team to do so, you can then build around that quarterback and by the very nature of having a quarterback like that you will likely be in playoff contention more years than not as you are rebuilding.

But people bitch and cunt, and some of the same people who are whining in one thread about something are the same ones who in another thread did exactly as I described regarding having a mentality of team building and player acquisition that is mentally stuck in a period prior to free agency and the modern NFL

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he vote for Trump or something?

I cant believe Seattle is ready to move on after his last two years.

I think you have to have a longevity plan in place, to get a fresh Wilson in January.

1. Let him pump stats and make happy WRs in September/October.

2. Turn into a 1st down grind machine sometime around Halloween and put into place Wilson preservation rules except on third down and 4th quarter.

3. Unleash Nagys chalkboard with hell and fury for the playoffs. Blow the collective minds of the football world.

4. Replace Bears logo on all web media with a giant picture of Cohen smiling wide like a de-virgined teen for January.

5. Release the rap video you made with the Dolphins cheerleaders back in August when the team thought they were off collecting a $50,000 appearance fee for an Australian Rugby team touring the U.S.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The stuck in the 80s mentality for me is more of the people who are saying they would rather the Bears draft a quarterback in rounds two or later or settle for some trashier quarterback off the scrap heap because they think there is such a thing as too high of a cost to get a legit top five franchise quarterback.

never mind the fact that once you have the quarterback even if you sell the rest of the team to do so, you can then build around that quarterback and by the very nature of having a quarterback like that you will likely be in playoff contention more years than not as you are rebuilding.

But people bitch and cunt, and some of the same people who are whining in one thread about something are the same ones who in another thread did exactly as I described regarding having a mentality of team building and player acquisition that is mentally stuck in a period prior to free agency and the modern NFL
I agree with you, you can build a team around a franchise QB. So yes, I think it would be worth it to lose some other good players to get Wilson or Watson. But it's likely Bears will have to trade 1st Rds, and make some cuts to afford Wilson.

Maybe they can trade Robert Quinn. ?

With Wilson, being age 32, and Pace/Nagy being on the chopping block, I'm sure they don't want to rebuild, but rather keep as many good young (and good vet) players as possible to make a run this year.

I got ya... in the 80s some teams did well with top defenses and running games, like the 85 Bears being #1 in both. So I'm sure that mentality lingers. They should still know better, as McMahon was the 5th overall pick, and made the Probowl in 85.

Last edited:

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Much better than who Bleacher Report says we’ll end up with:

“Chicago Bears: Jameis Winston

The Bears could go a million different directions in pursuit of their next quarterback, but they don't have the draft capital for a blue-chip rookie and they likely can't afford someone like Watson or Dak Prescott. Winston still has plenty of upside and should come a little cheaper because of his baggage. Beggars can't be choosers. I'd also expect them to bring back Nick Foles (who remains under contract with guaranteed money) while letting Mitchell Trubisky walk.”

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How? With Wilson, Nagy would probably give Monty 10 carries a game. Wilson is going to throw the ball 60x a game

Yeah, but probably 10-12 of those will be dump offs. With teams focused on stopping Wilson, Monty will be getting the ball at the second level more often. He’ll be a YAC monster. His game picked up exponentially when Mitch came back because teams had to respect the mobile QB. Wilson loves moving the pocket.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Wilson wants to come to Chicago becase he knows Nagy would give him the keys to the offese.

Russ wants to be The Man - Seahawks already have their man in Pete Carol and right now those two aren't seeing eye to eye.

Also don't discount the huge market and exposure he would have in Chicago compared to in Seattle. He knows he could achieve god status here.

That said im all in

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Why so many assumptions Nagy will hand over the offense to Wilson are mind boggling. The only thing Nagy has proven in 3 years is cannot get out of his own fucking way when it comes to his shitty offense. Lazor calls play, O starts putting up points and Nagy gotta go screw that up. Nagy ego 2 big or he’s not smart enough to hand the keys to Wilson.