Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Are BAD trolls allowed to run rampant on this board? If they are funny or clever, fine, but the lack of moderation seems to attract the laziest of trolls to this place. And more so, WHY do you idiots feed them? Why is a thread calling our rival’s 2nd string QB a star after putting up 7 points against a bad defense angering enough of you to where it’s become a multi page thread? No other NFL team board would entertain such stale, blatant trolling. Literally any other team board bans these kinds of posters on sight. No wonder the bears consistently suck, look what the fan base tolerates. Shame!

Rant over. Discuss. Yes I am angry, seething even.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are BAD trolls allowed to run rampant on this board? If they are funny or clever, fine, but the lack of moderation seems to attract the laziest of trolls to this place. And more so, WHY do you idiots feed them? Why is a thread calling our rival’s 2nd string QB a star after putting up 7 points against a bad defense angering enough of you to where it’s become a multi page thread? No other NFL team board would entertain such stale, blatant trolling. Literally any other team board bans these kinds of posters on sight. No wonder the bears consistently suck, look what the fan base tolerates. Shame!

The bears didn't play today. The game is tomorrow night.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
To answer your question, boredom.
The Bears simply haven’t been entertaining enough to create long threads, so trolls create troll threads and we all react because we’re bored.

And if you think what fans tolerate on a message board equates to what is on the field, you might want to take a break from the internet for a bit.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You want the honest reason?

Because the owner of the board, Rush, promised the trolls they would have free run of the joint.

Yes this place is a cesspool and although there are a couple of nice mods, they won't ban anything short of murder.

I spent too many years of my life trying to fight that fight. Take it from someone who's been there, it's a losing effort.

It's actually better to use the ignore feature. It does the moderators job for them and you get some really good football discussion.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

This thread feeds the trolls.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, Don't give a Jean Claude Van DAMME
Because the owner of the board, Rush, promised the trolls they would have free run of the joint.
The hell you say
they won't ban anything short of murder.
Cyber murder? How does one pull that off? Asking for a friend.
It's actually better to use the ignore feature.
Think you're mistaken. It's actually called the soppy pussy feature.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Yes this place is a cesspool and although there are a couple of nice mods, they won't ban anything short of murder.

I spent too many years of my life trying to fight that fight. Take it from someone who's been there, it's a losing effort.

It's actually better to use the ignore feature. It does the moderators job for them and you get some really good football discussion.
When you talk to your therapist do you assign your weight gain to internet trolls and cyber bullies?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

You made a thread that is basically inviting those same trolls to come into your thread and troll you. I see the replies and the usual suspects (trolls) are doing just that. These same people really don't have much going on their lives. They are in here posting and replying 24/7. Make a thread and certain people will ALWAYS respond within minutes. CCS is their life, their reason to exist and a place they might actually have friends.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's a freedumb space as long as on topic. Board does a reasonable job of moderating itself until political zealots can't keep it in their pants. I wouldn't mind more moderation but it would be too great a burden with the sort of humor that adds to the mix.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

1636379276942.png

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Disappointed, when I saw the thread title, I thought Nagy had a coaching breakthrough, and the Bears would go on to greatness now that the "Why?" had been identified.

It's a message board, and Trolls gonna Troll:. You know the old saying: Tolling Trollers and the Trollishness they Troll.

Sometimes It's pure entertainment. What's fun is if you secretly psy-ops Troll them back without them realizing, then they really get pissy (even more entertaining).

When in doubt, relax, have a few of these (moderation please), and channel your inner Troll: 1636380200492.png

Status
Not open for further replies.