Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sooo, everyone wants them gone or maybe one of the two. Fine, cool. Just who replaces them? Who the hell would want to walk into train wreck that Pace has put together? His rebuild after all this time has improved the Bears from horrible to mediocre. Great job!!!
i agree but Pace's failures is also on NAGY, the Undevelopable coach. bye teddy, pace promoted, Hire GM, Fire Nagy.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Didn’t scroll around to see if it was mentioned in depth, but saw that article from A-Rob post game saying he (and said the team I believe) didn’t know if Nagy or OC were calling plays. Disgusting (even if it isn’t true I still loathe Nagy and Pace at this point). They all need to go.
hope that, arob probably wants Nagy gone if he decides to stay.. ?‍♂️

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
BTW, just mentioning, local Philly media is blasting both owner (Jeff Laurie) and GM (Howie Roseman) saying Pederson was the fall guy. They seem to love Doug and hate Howie. The owner's press conference after letting Doug go did nothing to satisfy the savages who want GM blood...

Laurie doesn't seem like he knows football at all, and with Howie's recent draft misses, I think Philly might be heading into more trouble before they win again. But I am not on the inside like you, just outside view here.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
2 yrs for nagy, 1 yr for pace,
when nagy got his deal the average HC salary was around 6-8 mill, so anywhere around 12 -16 for nagy and not sure about pace but i'd assume a few mill for pace and then 4-6 for teddy. If teddy retires i guess that number would be closer to 17 mill...nonetheless there is a reason why the mccaskey's usually wait till HC/GM's have 1 yr left unless there are crazy circumstances like trestman.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
20 million?

when nagy got his deal the average HC salary was around 6-8 mill, so anywhere around 12 -16 for nagy and not sure about pace but i'd assume a few mill for pace and then 4-6 for teddy. If teddy retires i guess that number would be closer to 17 mill...nonetheless there is a reason why the mccaskey's usually wait till HC/GM's have 1 yr left unless there are crazy circumstances like trestman.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Sooo, everyone wants them gone or maybe one of the two. Fine, cool. Just who replaces them? Who the hell would want to walk into train wreck that Pace has put together? His rebuild after all this time has improved the Bears from horrible to mediocre. Great job!!!

LOL! Why the fuck do people say this??? It isn't gonna take long to get either position filled. There are plenty of people who would take it.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nagy would be owed exactly 8 million ( 5 years contract for 20 million) for the 2 years remaining. Pace at the very max is 3million. Phillips is retiring so that is wiped of the books.

11 million is all

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL! Why the fuck do people say this??? It isn't gonna take long to get either position filled. There are plenty of people who would take it.

Two decent coaches and zero good GM's in the last 30+ years tell a different story. There have been "plenty of people".....the vast majority have been the wrong people.

That's why people say this......

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two decent coaches and zero good GM's in the last 30+ years tell a different story. There have been "plenty of people".....the vast majority have been the wrong people.

That's why people say this......
Angelo put together a pretty good roster.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is this confirmed? This would be like finding a peanut in the turd, I'll take it.
I’m going go ahead and book it. I have only this.....According to David Kaplan of ESPN1000 and NBC Sports Chicago, longtime Bears' President Ted Phillips will likely retire after this season. Phillips has been with the team since 1983 and became the Vice President of Operations in 1993 before being promoted to President in 1999....

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Nagy would be owed exactly 8 million ( 5 years contract for 20 million) for the 2 years remaining. Pace at the very max is 3million. Phillips is retiring so that is wiped of the books.

11 million is all

not that it matters since everyone has now said they are all coming back but did they release nagy's salary info?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
One 1st round pick (Tommie Harris) that wasn't a bust in 10 years. One of the few reasons he got a pass on dealing two of them for Cutler. He would've blown both of them anyway.
Let me rephrase, the first half of his tenure with the Bears he put together a hell of a roster. 2002-2006 were money. (minus Haynes wtf) especially his 2-5 rounds. I mean.. 2006 SuperBowl.. hello?

Bad deal with Columbo and Tommie injuries. Grossman hard to tell if he had not had that knee injury, he was never the same after that.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Let me rephrase, the first half of his tenure with the Bears he put together a hell of a roster. 2002-2006 were money. (minus Haynes wtf) especially his 2-5 rounds. I mean.. 2006 SuperBowl.. hello?

Bad deal with Columbo and Tommie injuries. Grossman hard to tell if he had not had that knee injury, he was never the same after that.
His worst draft was the 2005 draft.

While needing a quarterback badly, he drafted Cedric Benson with the 4th pick, the highest player drafted by the Bears since Dan Hampton, when you had a decent running group of running backs. Benson held out for 36 days. They passed on Aaron Rodger......AARON RODGERS!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

His 10 year story was blown first rounders although I agree he did much better in the middle rounds( sound familar?) Although Pace has ways to go to equal Angelo's first round ineptness. They simply don't hire the right people for the job. I really don't remember who some of the people they passed on over the years to hire the GMs they did....I wish I did. It would be interesting.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His worst draft was the 2005 draft.

While needing a quarterback badly, he drafted Cedric Benson with the 4th pick, the highest player drafted by the Bears since Dan Hampton, when you had a decent running group of running backs. Benson held out for 36 days. They passed on Aaron Rodger......AARON RODGERS!

A lot of teams passed him....but not teams that needed a QB....not teams that have NEVER had a franchise QB!!!

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A lot of teams passed him....but not teams that needed a QB....not teams that have NEVER had a franchise QB!!!
23 teams to be exact but yes, some of them did not need a quarterback.