Wilbon over reacting?? a little bit I think.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
To me, it seems like he didn't even watch the 2nd game. That whole site seems like it lost game 2, imo. He probably watched a couple of the first plays and wrote an article. Either way, I agree, what's the guy expect? Didn't he see any of the good stuff? Lazy ass opinions from someone who is a poser, imo.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I mostly agree with Wilbon actually. He is right, so far they have looked like the same old Bears this preseason. However, they have more talent this year and I want to see a difference during the season.

I agree as well. Remember it was the D that set up one of the scores. And it would have been the D again had Cutler not thrown that int.

Combined that with the 3-and-out 2 sack first series. So far, we've seen this movie before....

BEARS

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree as well. Remember it was the D that set up one of the scores. And it would have been the D again had Cutler not thrown that int.

Combined that with the 3-and-out 2 sack first series. So far, we've seen this movie before....

BEARS

While this may be a true statement is another 10 or 11 win season all that bad? I mean, as bad as we were last year, we weren't THAT bad. Could we improve, yes for sure! However, to look at this years team and say (dare we say)the Bears are improved, talent wise, would be a fair statement.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Remember the old saying about preseason.

Its never as bad as it looks or as good as it looks.

Truth is till they go for real we will never know for real.

The QB shouldn't be openingly telling everyone he will intentionally throw into double coverage when his receiver isn't close to being open. That is a bit concerning.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes he is overreacting. Trestman was very methodical with finally BENCHING WEBB. That act alone should make our offense tremendoulsy better than Lovie's teams.

Fixed.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
While this may be a true statement is another 10 or 11 win season all that bad? I mean, as bad as we were last year, we weren't THAT bad. Could we improve, yes for sure! However, to look at this years team and say (dare we say)the Bears are improved, talent wise, would be a fair statement.

No that would be not be bad at all. In other years it would have been good enough to make the playoffs( had the goudaheads not choked). But it wasn't enough to save Lovie, and I thought the point of moving on from Lovie was that finally the offense was going to pull it part of the load and that the Bears are moving into an offensive philosophy.

If we stick with the same formula, then nothing was gained from firing Lovie. Am I wrong? Just asking..

BEARS

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
No that would be not be bad at all. In other years it would have been good enough to make the playoffs( had the goudaheads not choked). But it wasn't enough to save Lovie, and I thought the point of moving on from Lovie was that finally the offense was going to pull it part of the load and that the Bears are moving into an offensive philosophy.

If we stick with the same formula, then nothing was gained from firing Lovie. Am I wrong? Just asking..

BEARS

No, you're not wrong, you bring up a very valid point. However, we are seeing a difference, difference in Kromer vs. Lovie et al. You don't perform, you're moved out of the way, ala Webb... If you do perform no matter your experience he will move you in ala Long/Mills. Kromer has a different attitude than anything I saw in the Lovie years. Lets hope it translates to W's.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Saying Bears don't look different by referencing the Defense, Special Teams, Cutler throwing to Marshall, interceptions, and Forte rushing, denotes the wrong thing to be looking at...

Who said the Bears would look different in any of those areas?

Testman's offense and new OL members are things to look at. They're different. Trestman is old guard NFL WCO orientated offense. It's not like anyone should be expecting some newfangled Chip Kelly offense. We'll see passes to M.Bennett and Forte soon enough.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
wasn't it reported that cutler checked out of a boatload of run plays against the panthers?

yeah it must have been a boat load of run plays he checked out of since he only threw the ball eight fucking times all game....and one of those was checking out of a run play as described in a recent Grantland.com article I guess you missed.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah it must have been a boat load of run plays he checked out of since he only threw the ball eight fucking times all game....and one of those was checking out of a run play as described in a recent Grantland.com article I guess you missed.

such bitterness. I blame webb's demotion.

and sorry if I take actual pro journalists' word over your blog

Cutler still for the most part appeared to be sharp, completing 6 of 8 for 56 yards to finish with a passer rating of 54.2. Cutler also kept the Bears in advantageous situations that exploited mismatches in Carolina's coverage. Although Chicago's starters executed only one running play, resulting in a 1-yard loss for Matt Forte, Trestman called multiple runs that Cutler checked out of at the line of scrimmage.

8 passes, 1 run. that's a relative boatload to me

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
No, you're not wrong, you bring up a very valid point. However, we are seeing a difference, difference in Kromer vs. Lovie et al. You don't perform, you're moved out of the way, ala Webb... If you do perform no matter your experience he will move you in ala Long/Mills. Kromer has a different attitude than anything I saw in the Lovie years. Lets hope it translates to W's.
It's one thing to have that attitude, it's another to have the players to step up. One thing people tend to forget, is that Webb was one of our best OL players during the Lovie era. It's not like there was someone else to play instead of Webb, that Lovie could have the attitude you say. THERE WASN'T ANYONE BETTER!

Emery/Kromer have virtually provided more OL players in one year (Bushy,Slaus,Long,Mills), then Angelo/Tice did in 10 years (Pace, Omiyale,Williams,Carimi,etc.). I don't see how any of this translates to Lovie neglecting the offense! It's absurd! Lovie's best OL was Webb, his best WR was Hester. What was Lovie, a defensive coach, supposed to do with these offensive weapons?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I think Love should be blamed for never having a good offensive coordinator. However, Jerry Angelo should be blamed even more for the offensive woes. He was terrible at drafting, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Good players can cover up bad coaching, but Angelo really only drafted bad players.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Yeah bitterness....nope just so tired of the utter stupidity I come across. People thinking before they post. You're posting like it's mid-season and it's week two and a half of the preseason. It's like you don't even watch the games when you make some asinine statement like that...either that or you're purely pulling shit out of your ass.

My guess is you're doing both of those things, neither watching the game and creating shit as you go along in the hopes no one will call you out on your bald faced bullshit. You are what make people around here stupid.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow dude or whatever you're a little worked up for a MB.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I hope you're right

I kinda think this too but here was a lot of talk about this same idea over Tices offense last year. I'm just gonna stay cautiously optimistic until preseason is over. Even then I'm not going to expect the O to be truly legit until at least halfway through the season

The big difference here is Tice has no where near the same knowledge of a way an offensive should run as Trestman does. He needed a "passing coordinator" for fucks sake.

We've seen some small parts of this offense so far (quick high percentage passes). That's really all though.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
wasn't it reported that cutler checked out of a boatload of run plays against the panthers?

Yea I remember mention of him checking out of at least like 3 run plays which is why Forte only got one carry.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Preseason I don't want Forte to get many carries.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At least cutler won't have to tie any linemans shoes this season.

Last edited: