Wild Card IST: Marlins AT Cubs

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Weather? wtf. Nothing that ominous in the forecast. Front holes.

hwkn

Liked Posts:
It's sunny where I am north of Chicago........they played in the rain yesterday.[pansies]........conspiracy theory i've read elsewhere is they postponed the game so they'll have at least 1 game tomorrow.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
You are a dolt.

Read what I said.

1. The answer is not on the team.
2. Schwarber, Bryant, Happ and Heyward all shut down as hitters being moved there.
3. Billy is not the best answer but he brings speed to the table which affects the game flow every PA. On base or not they have to adjust for that speed threat. (bunt and weak contact infield hits become a error opportunity due to the player having to rush)

Again I did not disagree with you but at least I didn't act like a asshat over it towards you. Now I am.

Speaking of asshats

Anyone thinking of Billy Hamilton fulltime in the lead-off spot is clueless.....might as well bat the pitcher 1st.

Just stop rationalizing him; he won't be on the roster in 48 hours anyway

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Need Yu to be dominant and the bats to wake up

greg23

Liked Posts:
Offense appears to be in standard form today

They aren't gonna touch this guy....basically hope he's wild and score in a non cubs way..walk, wild pitch, ground out, sac fly

Yu needs to be perfect

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I said it in the off-season, and I’ll say it again...Whit Merrifield sure would look good in a cubs uni leading off. Guy hit.282 with 9 homers and 12 SB’s in 60 games this year

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said it in the off-season, and I’ll say it again...Whit Merrifield sure would look good in a cubs uni leading off. Guy hit.282 with 9 homers and 12 SB’s in 60 games this year

At this point, lead off doesn't exactly ring true as a major need.....I mean, great he gets on....then sits there while we watch a plethora of swings and misses. At .282, he be the Cubs best hitter but with no one to drive him in....what's the point? At this moment, the Cubs big RBI guy is a utility player.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
At this point, lead off doesn't exactly ring true as a major need.....I mean, great he gets on....then sits there while we watch a plethora of swings and misses. At .282, he be the Cubs best hitter but with no one to drive him in....what's the point? At this moment, the Cubs big RBI guy is a utility player.

a true leadoff hitter would put Happ in the middle of the order where he belongs. Don’t underestimate what a true leadoff hitter can do for an overall lineup. or do you not think Fowler made a difference in 2016?? He was nothing more than a .280 hitter that got on base. Whit can steal bases though on top of it, unlike Fowler

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can the Cubs score a run? Seems impossible.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I mean if Miami scores 1 it's pretty much over right? Yu pretty much has to throw a CG shutout.

Last edited: