Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Wilson’s release looked like fast forward.
It's amazing how much this board wants to minimize his arm talent. Takes more to be a good NFL QB but there's no denying that aspect of his game.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What show is that?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
These guys did their homework boyz.

I like when he said, all he has to do is be better than Mitch and then goes on to discuss Fields' massive chip on his shoulder.

This video actually made me happy. Bear Down!

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Bucky Brooks is right. We believe in Justin Fields, but do we believe in Matt Nagy.

Shanahan with Lance, or Nagy with Fields. I think it's fair to say that only one of those teams is going to the playoffs at best. I'll take Fields over Lance, and Fields overcoming Nagy's in-game weaknesses.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bucky Brooks is right. We believe in Justin Fields, but do we believe in Matt Nagy.

Shanahan with Lance, or Nagy with Fields. I think it's fair to say that only one of those teams is going to the playoffs at best. I'll take Fields over Lance, and Fields overcoming Nagy's in-game weaknesses.

Exactly this. You've got your QB now. He's got absolutely ZERO excuses to get his offense going. Fucking ZERO!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mac Jones got the dad bod engaged. He is Charmin soft. He will eat himself out of the league Eddie Lacy style in 5-6 years.

1621623577215.png

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Why can only one of the teams make the playoffs? I like fields better, but the 49ers are a super bowl caliber team

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Why can only one of the teams make the playoffs? I like fields better, but the 49ers are a super bowl caliber team

Deduction of teams that are remaining after the division winners. It's my view which I'm sure differs from yours:

Packers
Cowboys
Bucs
Rams

Any of the following for wildcard:
Saints
Seahawks
Bears
Niners
Cardinals
Vikings
WFT

I'll take the Saints, Bears, and Seahawks. Garappolo predictably gets hurt and Lance isn't ready. This assumes Fields comes in early.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't believe in optimism when it comes to the Bears. Mitch looked good at first too. Mitch had us in the playoffs. Fields hasn't played a snap. I get people want to be excited but Bears fandom has BROKEN me and made me cynical.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I don't believe in optimism when it comes to the Bears. Mitch looked good at first too. Mitch had us in the playoffs. Fields hasn't played a snap. I get people want to be excited but Bears fandom has BROKEN me and made me cynical.
If you see any comparison in talent between Mitch and Justin you dont know how to judge talent and thats cool especially if your not claiming to be an expert. Im just telling you talent wise its not even close. Also Mitch did not have us in the playoffs the 2018 monsters of the midway did. That defense was SB level and if not for a shit kicker it might have been the Bears raising the Vince Lombardi trophy.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
If you see any comparison in talent between Mitch and Justin you dont know how to judge talent and thats cool especially if your not claiming to be an expert. Im just telling you talent wise its not even close. Also Mitch did not have us in the playoffs the 2018 monsters of the midway did. That defense was SB level and if not for a shit kicker it might have been the Bears raising the Vince Lombardi trophy.

I don't know how to judge QB talent and apparently neither does Ryan Pace because he drafted Mitch.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Man, I looked up the Bears career passing and receiving leaders. That was sad.

Mitch is actually 5th on that list for most yards passing as a Bears qb with 10,609 yards passing. (Cutler has thrown for the most yards in a Bears uniform with 23,443 yards). He also has the highest completion percentage and rating in the top 25 in Bears history. You have to go to Josh McCown at 27 to get a higher completion percentage and rating at 27 in his 11 games.

So yeah, we all knew the bar was low, but damn...I had forgotten how low the bar was for Bears qb play.

On the receiving side of things, the Bears #1 receiver in terms of receiving yards all time is: Johnny Morris with 5059 receiving yards in his Bears career (1958-1967). And #2 is Harlon Hill with 4616 yards from 1954-1961. First modern guy then comes in with Alshon Jeffrey at #3 with 4549. Walter Payton was #4 on the list and Matt Forte was #7 on the list.

Allen Robinson is the highest current player at #15 with 3151 receiving yards as a Bear. So, he needs like 2 years with Fields to become the Bears all time leader in receiving yards. And he could conceivably even reach #2 this year if he has a great year with like 1500 yards.

So, that was depressing look at the history of the Bears passing game.

It'll be interesting to see if the current squad with Fields can change that story.