Wilkerson and Jackson

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Sign Wilkerson and Malik Jackson. Obviously it won't happen, but can you imagine that line?

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Is there a rainbow unicorn sub forum?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Big free agents hardly ever pay off. This team needs to draft high quality players and sign good mid tier players.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is there a rainbow unicorn sub forum?

Here's some rainbow corn if that helps?

this-multi-colored-corn-is-real-and-theres-a-fantastic-story-behind-it.jpg

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really hope Pace gets his big defensive dogs in FA, it will look like the 2010 season. Came off a 7-9 yr, Bears were big time FA players, signed Peppers and advanced to NFCC.

With all the talk about getting the draft right, this is really about hitting that home run, or several doubles in FA, with the big cap space. And again, its got to be for defense. This season, Bears D gave up over 24 ppg. Bears need to get that number down under 20, preferably 18 and lower. Getting some playmakers on D will help realize Fangio's vision.

On offense, if we get better luck in terms of health for skilled position players, and an upgrade or two with more consistency from OL, we can expect a better output (also assuming a Gase influenced Cutler performance, whether Adam is here or not).

team scoring - 26 ppg
team allowed - 18 ppg

416 pf/ 288 pa = 128 net pts, should be good for at least 11 wins and playoffs

I know the jaded folks don't want to hear it, but the situation is ripe - with the right moves, Bears should make the postseason for the first time since 2010.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Big time FA rarely work primarily due to the age of the FA signed. Wilkerson is in his prime and will continue to be a force for the guaranteed portion of any deal he gets. He is a no brainer to me.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Big time FA rarely work primarily due to the age of the FA signed. Wilkerson is in his prime and will continue to be a force for the guaranteed portion of any deal he gets. He is a no brainer to me.

I concur. Jackson as well but to a lesser extent. I actually think this move wouldn't be a bad move. I know getting both won't happen, but given the age of the two and three call available it wouldn't be a horrible move. First round ILB second round OG and round safety as well as a few depth signings and we'd be watching a different team in 2016. I know, I know, but a guy can dream.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Signing one of the two may not be that big of a strech. If we want to hang onto Fango we need to give him weapons. Signing Wilkerson and drafting a playmaking LB would be a huge start.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Does Wilkerson lose value because of the broken leg?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This draft is full of potential at DE we need to target CB,S,OT/OG in free agency.