Will Bears move Teven Jenkins back to RT?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it still depends on the draft. He may be penciled into a position but if they draft Skoronski, for example, that may change.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I'll never feel comfortable with him due to health. You will always have to back him up with a borderline starter. He has two years on his rookie deal and as good as I think he is, we should be prepared to move on

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He doesn't show well in practice and is why he lost RT to Borom. He'll be on board this offseason and more in swing with the new regime. I suspect they'd like to keep him at G and draft their RT but I have little doubt he could move if the draft doesn't fall right.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll never feel comfortable with him due to health. You will always have to back him up with a borderline starter. He has two years on his rookie deal and as good as I think he is, we should be prepared to move on

I haven't heard anything about any updates on his injuries or if he got any work done. I hope all his back stuff is cleared off for good but I doubt it.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I haven't heard anything about any updates on his injuries or if he got any work done. I hope all his back stuff is cleared off for good but I doubt it.
I don't think back issues ever clear up but there is some mitigation, which he appears to be doing.

Would it be unthinkable to move Whitehair to RT? He was scouted to be able to play every position on the line and I think he played tackle in college.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think back issues ever clear up but there is some mitigation, which he appears to be doing.

Would it be unthinkable to move Whitehair to RT? He was scouted to be able to play every position on the line and I think he played tackle in college.

I don't think Whitehair will even be with Chicago next season his production took a huge dump before his injury and the fact that he can't play guard anymore is a red flag for a move to tackle.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I'll never feel comfortable with him due to health. You will always have to back him up with a borderline starter. He has two years on his rookie deal and as good as I think he is, we should be prepared to move on.
This here....I absolutly love Jerkins attitude and playing style. The back scares me, he needs a full year of no problems.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, Jenkins is talented enough to play either side, guard or tackle.

I'd be more comfortable with Jenkins at LT if I am being completely honest. I just don't know if after this past season they see Jenkins as a guard...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Draft Skoronski and see what he can do at RT if you don't like what you see you put Jenkins there and Skoronski at LG.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel pretty confident that Jenkins will be the right tackle regardless of the draft.

Scenario 1
Draft Skoronski- I think he will became an elite G and Skoronski and Nate Davis would be our two best Gaurds. Tevin at that point would be our best Tackle and Whitehair would be our 6th OLine who can rotate/backup all 3 interior positions until he is released next season. This also assumes that we draft a center in the mid rounds wheee there is a lot of value.

Scenario 2
Draft Paris
Then Tevin stays where he is at RG and we would need to still draft a Center and a Guard to replace Whitehair hopefully before the end of the season.

Either way, we do need to draft a guard and a center. Skorsky is the best OLine in this draft and the potential to be a superstar with very low risk of busting.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think they come out of this draft with Skoronski or Johnson in the 1st and Stromberg in the middle rounds.

They’ll most likely add at least one more pick on the offensive line too.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Stop. Please.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:

If he could have we would have

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they go DL early and often in this draft.