Will Fields start the season?

Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Fans are going to be calling for him from game 1 if Andy starts
No. And he shouldnt unless he absolutely balls out in the preseason. No need to rush this. Just look at how it worked out for Mahomes with a season behind Alex Smith. You give him a start or two near the end of the season hoping that Dalton stays healthy all season and doesnt force your hand.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No. And he shouldnt unless he absolutely balls out in the preseason. No need to rush this. Just look at how it worked out for Mahomes with a season behind Alex Smith. You give him a start or two near the end of the season hoping that Dalton stays healthy all season and doesnt force your hand.

agreed. No reason to rush him. This team won’t make the playoffs barring an Aaron Rodgers trade anyways.

we need to figure out this tackle situation before killing fields

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I want Fields to sit. I can't believe we got him. ?
I thought you didn’t like him. No idea, can’t keep all the guys who didn’t like him in check anymore :/

LOL...I'm still in shock. I thought pace would something stupid like go after Jones. WOW we got Fields ??

Rise

Liked Posts:
I really hope the fans don’t. What we need is dalton or Foles to carry us to an ok year and let him sit and learn. Just like Mahomes did. Do not toss him out there early unless he has earned it. We finally have a nice foundation to let a young talented qb learn in, use it please!

Liked Posts:
I mean it’s inevitable Dalton sucks and/or gets hurt. I guess question is, is Fields your #2 or #3? If Foles is gone, Fields is staring by week 5 or 6.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toss him out there. Stop planning for the future. Play ball and win games. If he does he will own Chicago fans. If not keep drafting.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Of course you start him WTF !!!

Mahomes was a generational talent but also sat behind a qb who had been with the team 5 years and made the prow bowl 3 of those 5 years.

You prepare him as if hes gonna start and only deviate from it if he looks as though hes not ready . Now of course Pace and Nagy can save him for the next GM and coach but its really in their best interests and the teams to show that Fields, Montgomery, Mooney, Arob, Kmet, and Cohen are one of the most existing young offenses in the game .

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I think they're going to try and Jordan Love him this year, but things almost never work out that way. Dalton and Foles are not the most reliable guys to count on, and Matt Nagy could still be fighting for his job.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Depends on a few things.

1) Draft OL in round 2
2) Is that OL we drafted in round 2 a capable starter to begin with?

If yes, then:

3) Is Fields good enough to start?

If he is, then you play him. If he's good enough and the OL can't protect him, then I do not want him developing bad habits because he's rushing through everything just to avoid getting sacked.