Results are only viewable after voting.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bears are smart they sit him the whole year to learn the system ala Patrick Mahomes. Dalton should win enough games this year to keep us exciting

Well if Pace and Nagy end up fired, it would probably be a new system again the following season

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If you put him out there behind Germain Ifedi and Charles Leno Jr. his career will be over before it even starts.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL @ everyone saying sit him like the Chiefs did with Mahomes. If he’s ready and has grasped the offense you absolutely fucking start him. You only sit him if he’s not ready. You don’t sit him just because that’s what you think is done with rookie QB’s.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Basically, Ryan Pace is attempting to do the exact same plan he had in 2017. Have a veteran to start the season and have the 1st round potential franchise qb to learn and for the future.

But this time, he is starting with better talent at both the veteran and future franchise positions.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Of course he should start. The best players should play.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Personally wanted Mac

I've been critical of Fields but I didnt care which one they ended up with in the end.

I'll be a Fields supporter
Same here. I might be in the minority but after they traded up I was glad it was either going to be Mac or Justin. In my opinion the 2nd and 3rd best QBs of this draft.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Dalton will start, but the schedule is too tough for Nagy to sit idle and keep Fields on the bench. I expect Dalton to get maybe 2 losses until he is benched.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Sit him, give him a year to learn how to be a NFL QB. Ive read in a few articles how Dalton is a meticulous film junkie. It could be a dream scenario for developing a young QB.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to say "no" because I bet they feel like, "Mitch would have been fine if we just let him sit for a year" lol

But they really should let them duke it out in camp. If Fields is better, he starts. Fuck it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
He needs work

They're paying Dalton

He likely won't get a full off season with camps likely being limited again

However

If he pulls a Russell Wilson and is clearly ready and can handle everything and is heads and shoulders better than Dalton.....then yes, start him.....but please get him some oline help and weapons.

Basically forget defense draft picks the next 2 rounds.....get a tackle, who can be a future LT and a wr (or two) with speed

Canth

Liked Posts:
Also don't forget that Nagy was there in KC when they played Alex Smith for a year to give Mahomes a year to sit and learn. So, fully expect that to be the plan for 2021.

Bears2014

Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagys jobs are on the line. I’ll be surprised if he’s not starting by week 5

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Also don't forget that Nagy was there in KC when they played Alex Smith for a year to give Mahomes a year to sit and learn. So, fully expect that to be the plan for 2021.

Alex Smith was in KFC 4 years the Chiefs made the playoffs 3 of those 4 years before Mahomes with Smith making the pro bowl Probowl 2 of those 4 years and the teams record was 41-20 . Why would Nagy be thinking our situation was any way similar ?

Nagy needs to put the best offense he can on the field next year and I doubt he pushed for this guy so he can sit and play for the next guy

Canth

Liked Posts:
Alex Smith was in KFC 4 years the Chiefs made the playoffs 3 of those 4 years before Mahomes with Smith making the pro bowl Probowl 2 of those 4 years and the teams record was 41-20 . Why would Nagy be thinking our situation was any way similar ?

Nagy needs to put the best offense he can on the field next year and I doubt he pushed for this guy so he can sit and play for the next guy

Fair points and plans can and will change. But I have no doubt that to start the offseason, Dalton will be the starter and it will be on Fields to prove he deserves it. He will not be handed it just on draft status at least at the beginning.

But yeah, I get what you are saying that Alex Smith was at least an incumbent and more natural to stay as the starter. I just wouldn't overlook that Dalton has played for 10 years and started over 140 games. I think that experience will give him the nod to start at least at the beginning of the season.

Nagy did show last year that he isn't afraid to make a quick change at the qb position either. So assuming that Dalton starts, he may not last long if/when he stumbles or fails to execute the offense.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say he starts. Unless he looks like crap in camp, and I don't think he will. Dalton is average.

jts1207

Liked Posts:

The Giants get the 20th pick, a 2021 fifth rounder, and the Bears' first round and fourth round picks in 2022. Deemed "QB1" by the Bears in March, Andy Dalton's run as Chicago's starter ended before it began.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Bears fans will want Fields to learn on the bench like Mahomes...until we lose one game.

Lol. Quit kidding yourselves.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Fields gonna start and Bears go 12-5